The Official August 22, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Person0715

Socially awkward
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! With just a little less than 2 months to go, I am wondering why this thread hasn't been made yet.

Is anyone else here signed up for the 8/22 MCAT?

I'm following the SN2ed schedule and I can't wait to be done with content review. I'm excited to finally take an AAMC to see if I've been studying correctly these last 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

Awww man, I wish I could have a juice box and a nap after I find out! I have to TA ochem for four hours, then present at a research meeting, then tutor ochem for two hours. I won't be able to relax and think about it until ~9 hours after I get my score.

That's a pretty impressive percentage on the biochem section

Thanks, i felt pretty similar (thought i failed it coming out) about the biochem experimental from May. I ended up getting a 12 on BS so i'm hoping my BS score stayed fairly constant on the retake

Members don't see this ad :)
checking score next tuesday....

http://i.imgur.com/Op53d.jpg

more like

DXGPbF2.gif

if a bro does not receive an email about gift card/ trial section,
can sed bro assume he is not getting one?

:shifty:

How come you guys stay around on these forums?

For these kinds of tests, for me at least, I find it better to stay away from these places because they're unnecessarily stressful and negative atmosphere. Its good to stay when studying for the test, but after, keep yourself productive with stuff/school work/activities.

Oh, and exercise. You'll need to burn all that fat after studying. ;)

How come you guys stay around on these forums?

For these kinds of tests, for me at least, I find it better to stay away from these places because they're unnecessarily stressful and negative atmosphere. Its good to stay when studying for the test, but after, keep yourself productive with stuff/school work/activities.

Oh, and exercise. You'll need to burn all that fat after studying. ;)

For me, it's an outlet to rant about how anxious the wait is making me. It's also comforting to see that other people feel the same way. Also, it's not like people are prowling the thread 24/7 so posting in the thread and being productive are not mutually exclusive.

For me, it's an outlet to rant about how anxious the wait is making me. It's also comforting to see that other people feel the same way. Also, it's not like people are prowling the thread 24/7 so posting in the thread and being productive are not mutually exclusive.

+1000. Exactly how I feel. I like the community. It makes me feel better.

Members don't see this ad :)

+1000. Exactly how I feel. I like the community. It makes me feel better.

Also, this is fun as well:

TROOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :naughty::naughty::naughty: get ma drift

So close, so irritated- having alternating positive and negative dreams about my score. Also, I feel like the test date topics have blended into a mass conversation between inycepoo and whoever will comment him back =P. That said, it's not as though these topics have any use before we get our scores anyway!

So close, so irritated- having alternating positive and negative dreams about my score. Also, I feel like the test date topics have blended into a mass conversation between inycepoo and whoever will comment him back =P. That said, it's not as though these topics have any use before we get our scores anyway!

so true

This blows I have somehow convinced myself that I got what I wanted, and have no idea how or why this happened. Need to be more realistic about this result.

This blows I have somehow convinced myself that I got what I wanted, and have no idea how or why this happened. Need to be more realistic about this result.

same. i've been too optimistic lately. optimism can be good...but i'm not sure it is in this case.

these next two days should go by super quickly for me since i'll be so busy. i bought alcohol the other day. if i get what i want, i'm drinking. if i do poorly...i'm drinking.

The other sad part is that I got 56% correct and still scored in the top quarter.

The new MCAT is going to be unbelievable. Period.

Ok, I'm getting nervous about the mcat score release considering this was my second time taking it. I am really hoping that darth vader passage was experimental and didn't count.

Didn't that passage have like 8 or 9 questions? Do you think that the entire passage was experimental or only certain questions?

Didn't that passage have like 8 or 9 questions? Do you think that the entire passage was experimental or only certain questions?
Yea now that I think about it there were like 3 to 4 that were tricky questions in that passage that I couldn't get, yea so probably not the whole passage then.

it did have about 9 questions i think, which makes me hope it was experimental...

I have all of the "R" tests... and the difference between the R tests and the AAMC FL's were usually a couple passages with ~9 questions... and on verbal there would be 2 passages with about 11-12 questions... I remember one of our verbal passages on real deal seemed to have a lot of questions.... all too interesting

Homies I thought that whole PS was hard. 2pm-er. was doing fine on teh practice. but a bunch of the passages threw me. and i made stupid ass mistakes.

Homies I thought that whole PS was hard. 2pm-er. was doing fine on teh practice. but a bunch of the passages threw me. and i made stupid ass mistakes.

i feel the same way... hopefully it all turns out ok and we score within our practice range

wait so what time does the scores come out this tuesday? freakin out guysss

It's been between 12:00 pm and 12:30 pm PST recently.... So hopefully same pattern for us. AAMC tweeted that last week's were up at 12:11 pm.

Soooo basically 36 hours, 10 minutes :)

I've decided that I'm going on a diet on Thursday. I give myself tomorrow to stress eat, Tuesday and wednesday to either celebrate eat or grief eat, and then cracking the whip on Thursday.

Can't believe scores will come out tomorrow! We have been prepping all summer for this. We can do it!!

ONE MORE DAY GUYS!!!! I believe in you all! I'm excited to see what everyone got because l know we all worked so hard for this. I'm rooting for y'all!!!!

Who's ready to know? This wait is killing me. I wish this was like ripping off a band-aid: fast much less painful than the slow peel. Just one more day, just one more day!

Who's ready to know? This wait is killing me. I wish this was like ripping off a band-aid: fast much less painful than the slow peel. Just one more day, just one more day!

I officially want to know. I'm with you. Though I wish I could just sleep all day tomorrow, only waking up to check my score. That'd be beautiful.

Glad to know everyone thought physics was brutal. So did I.

Just FYI: During my last exam in May, I came out thinking I got a 5 in BS (it was brutally hard). ended up getting a 12. Moral: you really have no idea how you did until you get your score

First time writer in this thread. I'm nervous about tomorrow. The only thing that's kept me sane about not having my scores until now is the fact that AMCAS is still verfying applications submitted on July 31. It terrifies me to think some people have already been interviewed and accepted and my application is being held up by a stupid MCAT score!

Hoping we get a decent curve, an AAMC 11 type curve would be awesome I think idk how likely that is though. Time has slowed down.

I'll be so crushed if I have to retake. Not the worst thing in the world, but so much time, effort, and money spent... If so, I think I'll put it off until next summer. The classes I'm taking this year (genetics, physiology, pathology, the last half of physics 2) will be so helpful.

I wish I could sleep the remaining hours away, but I have two exams this week I have to study for -_-

Glad to know everyone thought physics was brutal. So did I.

Just FYI: During my last exam in May, I came out thinking I got a 5 in BS (it was brutally hard). ended up getting a 12. Moral: you really have no idea how you did until you get your score

I feel like I got an 8 in PS... didn't ever get lower than a 13 on the AAMC's... your post makes me feel a little better .... 21 hours to go

:barf:

I'm sure you won't drop from 13+ to 8 on PS!!!

I'm so excited because I was going to be working until 9pm tomorrow but I switched my schedule so I'm done at 5. Hello celebratory dinner and time to relax (read: obsessively perusing the MSAR to compile a school list)