The Official August 22, 2013 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Person0715

Socially awkward
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! With just a little less than 2 months to go, I am wondering why this thread hasn't been made yet.

Is anyone else here signed up for the 8/22 MCAT?

I'm following the SN2ed schedule and I can't wait to be done with content review. I'm excited to finally take an AAMC to see if I've been studying correctly these last 2 months.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Almost all of my friends know I get my score tomorrow. I'm really excited and ready and hoping for the best :D

if you have anything to say...say it now... wont be able to suffer together in the morning :)

Downtime Tuesday Morning
The SDN website will go offline tomorrow morning between 9 AM - 11 AM PT for datacenter upgrades.

I guess I'll be dumb and throw out a prediction not that it means anything but because I can't stop thinking about this ****...

AAMC Average - 13.5/11/12.5
Prediction/Hope- 12/8-10/11

I caught a few extremely stupid mistakes in PS and BS after I walked out so I'm hesitant to even predict what I have predicted in those two, verbal I just never feel good about.

Good luck to everyone, hope you all get higher than your averages! Looking forward to hearing great scores tomorrow.

The odds of me even getting three and a half minutes of sleep tonight are next to none. NyQuil it is I guess..... Good luck everyone! This wait has been killing me. I felt great about BS, decent about PS, and literally indifferent towards verbal. If you told me I got a 14 I'd be like damn I'm smart and if you told me I got a 4 I'd be like oh...saw that coming too. So yeah I guess my score is a little up in the air. Hoping for that 35 though!

Welp, here are all my practice test scores. I have no idea how to predict because of me retaking the AAMCs from last year. Granted, I did something weird and took them in parts last year...

8/10/2012: MCAT #1 (real thing) 7 8 9 24 :mad:
6/5/2013: AAMC #10 8 10 10 28 (retake)
6/7/2013: TPR #1 7 6 8 21
6/18/2013: TPR #2 6 9 8 23
7/5/2013: TPR #3 8 10 8 26
------------------Finished TPR Class----------------------------
7/12/2013: AAMC #3 9 10 9 28 (retake)
7/15/2013: Cracking #1 7 10 10 27
7/18/2013: AAMC #4 11 13 11 35
------------------Finished Content Review----------------------
7/20/2013: RS #1 7 7 5 19
7/22/2013: TPR #4 7 9 8 24
7/25/2013: AAMC #5 11 11 10 32 (retake)
7/29/2013: Cracking #2 8 7 10 25
8/1/2013: AAMC #7 12 12 10 34 (retake)
8/7/2013: Cracking #3 7 10 8 25
8/8/2013: AAMC #8 12 12 9 33 (retake)
8/10/2013: RS #2 6 11 8 25
8/12/2013: TPR #5 10 9 10 29
8/13/2013: GS #1 9 10 7 26
8/14/2013: GS #2 10 10 10 30
8/15/2013: GS #3 12 12 11 35
8/16/2013: GS #4 11 9 10 30
8/19/2013: AAMC #9 12 11 10 33 (retake)
8/21/2013: AAMC #11 11 13 11 35 (retake)
Average: 9.136363636 10.04545455 9.136363636 28.31818182

ACTUAL #2: OVER 9000

How many practice tests did everyone take?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! I pray that everyone gets the score that they need to get into medical school. God is definitely more than able to make this happen for us. Keep calm and keep the faith for those who don't get score that they want, I pray that we trust God's timing. He has preordained our whole lives... All in all, don't give up on your dream!

Welp, here are all my practice test scores. I have no idea how to predict because of me retaking the AAMCs from last year. Granted, I did something weird and took them in parts last year...

Average: 9.136363636 10.04545455 9.136363636 28.31818182

ACTUAL #2: OVER 9000

How many practice tests did everyone take?

dem decimals doe ...

Freaking out, guys.

Can't sleep... Test in 8 hours haven't even studied.. If u don't hear from me tomorrow it's cuz I scored 32 or lower and ***latestepisodebreakingbadspoiler*** deleted my identity and moved to New Hampshire with Walt

5 month journey ends in 12 hours just praying for happy ending

Good luck everyone! I pray that everyone gets the score that they need to get into medical school. God is definitely more than able to make this happen for us. Keep calm and keep the faith for those who don't get score that they want, I pray that we trust God's timing. He has preordained our whole lives... All in all, don't give up on your dream!

If there is a God, I hope he/she/it is not wasting any time helping us with our MCAT scores...there is way more serious **** going on this world that an omniscient and omnipotent being should be tending to (maybe start with the Syria conflict, or possibly AIDS?). Anyways, I worked my ass off to prepare for this test. If I did well, it's on me. If I did poorly, that's also on me. I take full responsibility.

That being said, I know everyone worked hard and waited patiently, and I hope that you all get the score that you are hoping for! And I do agree with you that we should not give up on our dreams no matter our test score.
Best of luck tomorrow ;)

LOL NO SLEEP Y'ALL

EITHER GOT LIKE 13'S ACROSS THE BOARD OR....3'S.

This is going to be the longest day ever. In the meantime, to all of us who have other tests today, good luck!

-_-

InshaAllah, amin. :)

Good luck today guys. I know the wait is agonizing, particularly that last 15 minutes or so. Not everyone can afford to do this, but I ditched all my classes that morning and played xbox until the score came out. Definitely made the wait less painful haha

If there is a God, I hope he/she/it is not wasting any time helping us with our MCAT scores...there is way more serious **** going on this world that an omniscient and omnipotent being should be tending to (maybe start with the Syria conflict, or possibly AIDS?). Anyways, I worked my ass off to prepare for this test. If I did well, it's on me. If I did poorly, that's also on me. I take full responsibility.

That being said, I know everyone worked hard and waited patiently, and I hope that you all get the score that you are hoping for! And I do agree with you that we should not give up on our dreams no matter our test score.
Best of luck tomorrow ;)

Well technically if God is omnipotent, he/she/it should be an amazing multitasker. lol.

Good luck today guys. I know the wait is agonizing, particularly that last 15 minutes or so. Not everyone can afford to do this, but I ditched all my classes that morning and played xbox until the score came out. Definitely made the wait less painful haha

My last class today ends at 1. I think I'm gonna play video games for those two hours rather than study for my exam tomorrow.

Where all the Atheists at? =P

If you're disappointed with your score, take solace in the fact your retake won't be with the 2015 changes!

I don't even wanna know my score... I'll just assume I got a 40 and become a high school chem teacher

Time is going sooooooo sloooooowly, omg.

Okay, so what's the format? Like..

Average (PS/VR/BS):
Predicted Score (PS/VR/BS):
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS):

GOOD LUCK GUYS, hope you all get what you want! Just remember to stay positive--I'm seconding shookdown! One bad MCAT score doesn't matter--lots of people take it again (including myself...this was my second!). But hopefully no one will have to redo!

Wooooooo so close to no more waiting !

Do people know if they've actually waited until 5 pm to release in past months/years?/

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST TELL US NOW THEY ALREADY KNOW!

It's generally around 3 pm right?

Scores have been released around 12:15 PST / 3:15 EST recently... Hoping for a similar trend today. I have lab this afternoon, so I really want to be able to check before then...

Good luck everyone!! :luck: Thank you all for being such a great support community over the past several months! You have all been immensely helpful to me, and I am very grateful for your encouragement and advice. I can't wait to see what amazing scores you guys got :)

Time is going sooooooo sloooooowly, omg.

Okay, so what's the format? Like..

Average (PS/VR/BS):
Predicted Score (PS/VR/BS):
Actual Score (PS/VR/BS):

Actual Score (PS/V/BS):
Predicted Score (PS/V/BS):
Prep Materials (Content/Practice Materials and FLs Used):
AAMC and Other FL Averages:
Feelings/Comments/Tips:

Good luck!!!

how i feel right now : :barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

Verbatim how I feel. Like exactly. UGHUGHUGHUGH!!!! The past week went by so quickly, but this morning couldn't have gone slower. I'm completely, 100%, thoroughly convinced that I got a 31, for better or for worse. Like, I'm BEYOND convinced. I just want to confirm it at this point.

SDN's finally back up. I expected them to run over schedule.

me right now:

giphy.gif

i am praying they release it around 3 like they have been, i don't think i can make it till 5, it's crazy how much this wait has made me doubt my score, i feel like i have thrown my average out the window and am hoping for a passable score

Verbatim how I feel. Like exactly. UGHUGHUGHUGH!!!! The past week went by so quickly, but this morning couldn't have gone slower. I'm completely, 100%, thoroughly convinced that I got a 31, for better or for worse. Like, I'm BEYOND convinced. I just want to confirm it at this point.

Longest day of my entire life...

Will post more in depth later. I was about 90% sure id get a 33 and I did. 8 in verbal though please tell me that schools won't hate that too much? I really need some reassurance right now. I was praying for an 11 in bs and I got a 14. What the hell. Bs is my weakest area and the highest I got was a 12 on practice tests. 11 on ps I thought I'd get a 12. Very confused and worried right now but all in all I feel alright. Aamc average was 12-9-11 for a 32. Actual was 11-8-14. It feels weird even typing that score out.... Then again my test was o chem heavy and I love o chem. excuse typos I'm on my phone.