***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Do they invite students by batch as well?
Is it too early to expect an invitation from them when mine was submitted late July? This does not feel good:android:.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an invite literally like 10 minutes ago!!
I was getting so concerned, so I am soooooooo stoked

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an invite literally like 10 minutes ago!!
I was getting so concerned, so I am soooooooo stoked

Congratulations! I am from Boston too, but have not (yet) received an invite. I thought I was a solid candidate - BU, what is wrong with me?!

What day are you scheduled for, if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! I am from Boston too, but have not (yet) received an invite. I thought I was a solid candidate - BU, what is wrong with me?!

What day are you scheduled for, if you don't mind me asking?

I am schedule for November 13th! I'm sure you'll hear soon!!! :)

Hi! Just curious, is BU sending an "application complete" email. I got the "supplemental processed" email July 16th, but I haven't heard back since.

That is all I received and I got an interview invite last week. I received that e-mail in June I believe.

Just got an interview invite from Boston! So pumped!

just got an interview today, anyone else scheduled for 11/17? :boom:

Does anyone know if BU targets a certain type of applicant? I received interview offers from Penn, Columbia, UConn and U of MD and I'm a kinda surprised/worried I haven't heard from BU... I thought about calling, but then I reread their last email which clearly states not to call.

Does anyone know if BU targets a certain type of applicant? I received interview offers from Penn, Columbia, UConn and U of MD and I'm a kinda surprised/worried I haven't heard from BU... I thought about calling, but then I reread their last email which clearly states not to call.

Wondering this myself! Just out of curiosity, are you a MA applicant? I do not have the same killer stats or interviews as you (nice job, by the way), but I thought I was decent enough for BU - even have a letter from one of their professors!

I seriously thought about calling as well, but I really don't think we can.

This is interesting though. Feel like this has not happened in previous years.

Edit: My fault, I see you are from NY...ugh, I cannot figure their Admissions Committee out!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering this myself! Just out of curiosity, are you a MA applicant? I do not have the same killer stats or interviews as you (nice job, by the way), but I thought I was decent enough for BU - even have a letter from one of their professors!

Edit: My fault, I see you are from NY...ugh, I cannot figure their Admissions Committee out!!!

Yup, NY! I wonder if they received more applications than usual?

That is a very valid point. So I guess being first batch did me no good!

I absolutely do not want to take anything away from those with invites, but the GPA/DAT of interviewers seems to range. Therefore, it is hard to say that they are being more strict with their cut-offs, due to increased applications.

Which brings us back to your point - maybe they are looking for a certain "something" that is lacking in our applications?

Still very early, I know. That doesn't make it any easier to cope with though!

I suppose all we can do is hang tight and wait.

...or I can go knocking on their door, it is right up the street!

Congrats on those interview invites! That is truly outstanding! I don't really know much about their selection process, but I can say that you seem like a fantastic applicant and I am sure you will have multiple acceptances come December.

Congrats on those interview invites! That is truly outstanding! I don't really know much about their selection process, but I can say that you seem like a fantastic applicant and I am sure you will have multiple acceptances come December.
Thank you and good luck with your interview!

I've had the same feelings as you, I even lived in Boston for a couple of years and did a bunch of service in the area!! Sometimes you just have to accept that maybe they read our personal statements and hated our guts. Of course I'm just kidding, keep your heads up and it's still very early in the game.

Last edited:
I am worried as well and I am kind of feeling a little better that I am not the only one left out.. I have decent GPAs, good DATs and application in general so I am hoping to hear soon! Good luck everyone :)

This is exactly how I feel too! I also turned in my application pretty early and have received invites from Columbia, CWRU and NYU. I thought I had solid stats but I guess this process shows that stats aren't everything!

Same here. I got 6 invites from schools including the two Ivy's, CWRU and NYU, but no word from BU. I actually really like the city of Boston so I'm hoping to have a shot there. I have a friend who got into Harvard and Penn but never got an invite from BU, which makes me think that your doubt might hold some truth.

Same here. I got 6 invites from schools including the two Ivy's, CWRU and NYU, but no word from BU. I actually really like the city of Boston so I'm hoping to have a shot there. I have a friend who got into Harvard and Penn but never got an invite from BU, which makes me think that your doubt might hold some truth.
Maybe they don't want to accept students who probably used them as their safety and want to boost their matriculation rate?

Congrats everyone!
I received that supplemental received email 8/15 but my GPA still isn't calculated in AADSAS!!!! ((Fingers crossed))
Rdh in the house lol. How are your stats. I been a hygienist for 4 years. 18 aa =( 20ts

Rdh in the house lol. How are your stats. I been a hygienist for 4 years. 18 aa =( 20ts
stats are OK 3.0, 18 AA (retaking in October), non-traditional student, 2nd time applicant with a ton of EC, shadowing and volunteer. Where are you a hygienist? and good luck to you!

stats are OK 3.0, 18 AA (retaking in October), non-traditional student, 2nd time applicant with a ton of EC, shadowing and volunteer. Where are you a hygienist? and good luck to you!
First time applying 3.45 non science 3.42 science. I work in NYC you? I also have tons of experience. I am 25 years old. Did you get interviews the first time?

First time applying 3.45 non science 3.42 science. I work in NYC you? I also have tons of experience. I am 25 years old. Did you get interviews the first time?
No, I got NOTHING!! I just turned 29 yesterday :oldman:. Undergrad was a little rough for me; working, taking care of my daughter, etc.. ugh. I just can't wait to do what I love (and undergrad was NOT what I love) haha. I was considering doing an abridged EFDA program in the winter since I couldn't apply to post-bac programs for this year. Do you have anything in addition to RDH (i.e. anesthesia license, EFDA)?
Oh and I work in Philadelphia :)

Does anyone know how long BU interviews take? Mine is scheduled on a Monday for 9:30AM, and as soon as it's done, I need to travel back to NY since I have work/classes starting at 9AM Tuesday. Just looking to see when I should book my return bus ticket!

Does anyone know how long BU interviews take? Mine is scheduled on a Monday for 9:30AM, and as soon as it's done, I need to travel back to NY since I have work/classes starting at 9AM Tuesday. Just looking to see when I should book my return bus ticket!

I'm not sure if all interviews start at the same time but I think in the e-mail, it said 9:30-3:30 or something along those lines.

I'm not sure if all interviews start at the same time but I think in the e-mail, it said 9:30-3:30 or something along those lines.
Yup! They start at 9:30AM, but I was asking if anyone knew when it'd end.
I did some digging around SDN and from previous years, we should expect to be out by 2PM the latest.

I bought a ticket leaving Boston at 5PM so I think I'll be okay! :)

Does anyone remember if before getting an interview their aadsas application said "received/under review"? Mines does not say complete brother did I get a complete email. I asked them but they told me they have everything and it's complete. I have bothered them like 3 times so I don't want to email again. Anyone?

Does anyone remember if before getting an interview their aadsas application said "received/under review"? Mines does not say complete brother did I get a complete email. I asked them but they told me they have everything and it's complete. I have bothered them like 3 times so I don't want to email again. Anyone?
Mine just said received/ Under Review until I was invited for an Interview

Is BU done giving out interviews or has anyone gotten one recently? I feel like its been kinda quiet lately?

Is BU done giving out interviews or has anyone gotten one recently? I feel like its been kinda quiet lately?

Unless BU plans to have a class number in the single digits then I doubt they are done interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone's staying at the Best Western Roundhouse Suites for the interview tomorrow, PM me!

Unless BU plans to have a class number in the single digits then I doubt they are done interviews.

At my interview, they said they are completely booked through November. I believe they said interviews will resume in January.

They sent out a wave of interview invites this past Monday - 5 of my friends got them in one day, all pre-Decembers should be sent out since some of the invites were for the very very end of November

They sent out a wave of interview invites this past Monday - 5 of my friends got them in one day, all pre-Decembers should be sent out since some of the invites were for the very very end of November
really????

Yeah - all got emails in a single day, but for different November dates up til Thanksgiving... maybe they send them out all at once?

Yes, I think you're right. I imagine that was the last wave of invites for pre-december interviews. They will probably send out more for January soon.

Anyone interview yet? What's it like?

Anyone interview yet? What's it like?

I did. I LOVED it. The students are so friendly and you can tell they really love BU. The school has so much to offer in regards to clinical experience. The interviewers are some of the nicest people and really try to make you feel comfortable. Overall, wonderful experience. Hoping to get accepted here.

I received an update. Sadly not a good update, they said they placed my application in a "continued review". Did anyone else get this status??

I received an update. Sadly not a good update, they said they placed my application in a "continued review". Did anyone else get this status??

Was this an email or in AADSAS? Sorry to hear:(

Maybe it is better than a rejection though? You could likely be the first person invited for an interview after December! As someone who has heard nothing, I wouldn't be too surprised if I was rejected come December...

Maybe it is better than a rejection though? You could likely be the first person invited for an interview after December! As someone who has heard nothing, I wouldn't be too surprised if I was rejected come December...
Lol I feel like this is their way of a rejection. It's like getting wait listed but for an interview lol