***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Question: does AADSAS clarify the definition of each status? i.e. Complete vs under review..

Members don't see this ad.

Any affordable/close hotel suggestions?

Hey guys! Is anyone interviewing October 30? And for those that already interviewed, how was it? Anything that I need to know??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Is anyone interviewing October 30? And for those that already interviewed, how was it? Anything that I need to know??

My interview felt more like a conversation a friend. They were so nice. Just review your application and think about why you'd love to go to BU and you'll do great. The interview day was pretty lengthy. We started at 9:30 and finished a little after 3:30. Overall, it was a great day. GOOD LUCK!

My interview felt more like a conversation a friend. They were so nice. Just review your application and think about why you'd love to go to BU and you'll do great. The interview day was pretty lengthy. We started at 9:30 and finished a little after 3:30. Overall, it was a great day. GOOD LUCK!

Anxiously awaiting to hear from BU. How long did it take to hear about an interview after you submitted your secondary application?

Reactions: 1 user
Anxiously awaiting to hear from BU. How long did it take to hear about an interview after you submitted your secondary application?

I submitted my secondary in June and heard back late August.

question: I took my DAT today (for the second time), should I contact the schools in which I applied and have them hold everything until they receive my scores?

I received an update. Sadly not a good update, they said they placed my application in a "continued review". Did anyone else get this status??
Hey when did you submit? And has anything changed?

After you send the interview confirmation email, will BU reply the email as a confirmation?

Ya they send you an email to conform the date and it changes in AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
So great to meet all of you who interviewed today (11/3)! Best of luck in everything!!!! Hopefully some of us will end up being classmates next year! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody interviewing tomorrow (11/7)?

4 weeks, I think they go faster and slower though at certain times of the year so it probably isn't consistent!

I have a 22 TS, a 21 AA, and a 3.6 oGPA ... is Boston not inviting me because I'm a Yankees fan?!

Reactions: 2 users
I have a 22 TS, a 21 AA, and a 3.6 oGPA ... is Boston not inviting me because I'm a Yankees fan?!

After this past season and with the prospects they have for next season, they should be showing you some mercy.

After this past season and with the prospects they have for next season, they should be showing you some mercy.
Hahaha, I hope they've been showing some mercy to Bostonians as well then. :p

Don't attend BU Dental. Even if you have to wait out 1 year. You will learn nothing there. The entire program there is a scam! They will just take your money and make your life miserable and make you feel guilty for being stupid, but it is all their shortcoming. they have lack of resources, too many students and not enough patients or chairs. So they just lower the requirements to accommodate. I think 1 root canal and 1 denture is where they are at.

Everyone will be at each other's throats by the time you enter the clinic. Get ready to hate all your classmates as they do nasty tricks to try to get ahead. But everyone there is forced to resort to these disgusting strategies to survive, because if you try to do things with integrity you will absolutely get no where. By the time you graduate you are an incompetent dentist with a shady personality that gives the dental profession a terrible name.

Don't attend BU Dental. Even if you have to wait out 1 year. You will learn nothing there. The entire program there is a scam! They will just take your money and make your life miserable and make you feel guilty for being stupid, but it is all their shortcoming. they have lack of resources, too many students and not enough patients or chairs. So they just lower the requirements to accommodate. I think 1 root canal and 1 denture is where they are at.

Everyone will be at each other's throats by the time you enter the clinic. Get ready to hate all your classmates as they do nasty tricks to try to get ahead. But everyone there is forced to resort to these disgusting strategies to survive, because if you try to do things with integrity you will absolutely get no where. By the time you graduate you are an incompetent dentist with a shady personality that gives the dental profession a terrible name.

Take that up with the dental forum. We're not even in dental school yet.

You realize most of your statements are directly the opposite of what other BU students have said right? Endo requirement is not 1. Your classmates are friendly and helpful, more so than other dental schools. I don't know what your issue is but it's not suitable for this forum especially since its not accurate - multiple things in this post are in direct contradiction to everything the other dental students say, including the clinic thing. They have a backlog right now of incoming patients since they switched over to group practice model.

You realize most of your statements are directly the opposite of what other BU students have said right? Endo requirement is not 1. Your classmates are friendly and helpful, more so than other dental schools. I don't know what your issue is but it's not suitable for this forum especially since its not accurate - multiple things in this post are in direct contradiction to everything the other dental students say, including the clinic thing. They have a backlog right now of incoming patients since they switched over to group practice model.
So what does a group practice model mean for dental school?

your either A) a predent who really really wants to go to BU or B) a student at BU dental that really really hates the school....

these are good points to look out for when choosing a dental school and some questions you should be asking students and faculty at dental schools

D1 student at BU dental school. Feel free to ask questions about curriculum or courses regarding first year.
It's only been 4.5 month i've been here, but I will try to answer as best as I can.

BU is still in transition toward group practice model, it is pretty new. We have group leaders assigned and have x number of students in each group. They are responsible for looking over your work at clinic.

What BUDMD2018 said - It seemed like in the interview the students who came to talk to us really liked it and said it made things much easier, you don't schedule things yourself and if you're not getting enough of a certain requirement etc you can go to group practice leaders to request it

you dont want to go to a school that preps you terribly

I'd like to think I am perfectly capable of figuring out if the school is worth my time or not.

Flaming is not information.

I'd like to think I am perfectly capable of figuring out if the school is worth my time or not.

Flaming is not information.
if you are seriously interested in BU, you'd be a fool not to look into those accusations that 'BUSCAM' put forth.

if you are seriously interested in BU, you'd be a fool not to look into those accusations that 'BUSCAM' put forth.

I find it hard to believe anything anyone has to say from an account that is 4 days old and has nothing but uninformative flame in its post history. I look forward to visiting the campus and investigating the accusations myself.

And if he/she wanted to be taken seriously, "BUSCAM' is not a good handle to start with. This is clearly a throwaway. That's like applying to a job with the email address '[email protected]'.

Reactions: 5 users
I find it hard to believe anything anyone has to say from an account that is 4 days old and has nothing but uninformative flame in its post history. I look forward to visiting the campus and investigating the accusations myself.

And if he/she wanted to be taken seriously, "BUSCAM' is not a good handle to start with. This is clearly a throwaway. That's like applying to a job with the email address '[email protected]'.
There have also been old threads that made similar claims about BU...some of them were recently bumped up in the Pre-Dental forum

There have also been old threads that made similar claims about BU...some of them were recently bumped up in the Pre-Dental forum
And they were all from BUSCAM ha

Reactions: 2 users

So endo requires 2 on real patients to graduate and 100% of the seniors have met that...no shortage. We're on a group practice to make sure you get the requirement. You can take as many endo as you can find, though. And it does take an extra semester to graduate (as you pointed out you did in one of your 1298301923 other "scam" posts on the day you opened your account) if you don't understand the numbers required to graduate. You have to have 6+4 arches of dentures and everyone get that done as well.

And most people here at BU are very relaxed. I don't know of any "at your throat" individuals. We share notes if we missed a class, help people out when they have emergencies, and generally help each other day-to-day! Sorry you did not participate in such collaboration.

Offering information on your troubles in the program is one thing, but saying the school is a scam is totally inappropriate. I love this school and what I'm learning. Good luck with your career. Heads up to prospective students: most of us here as BU GSDM have a totally opposite, more warm personality that this individual :)

Group practice is to help make sure everyone has patients and requirements so that we graduate on time. They help assign patients and they book your appointments to fit your schedule. the Group Practice Leaders help you with treatment planning and understanding which procedures to do next. You're paired with a handful of students per class to help with group assignments/cases.

Interviewed 11/2, status just changed on AADSAS from
Invited for Interview to Check back on Dec 1...

!!

Those who are waiting to hear back from BU, I got my email around 3AM last year.
Good luck everyone.

Those who are waiting to hear back from BU, I got my email around 3AM last year.
Good luck everyone.

Did you have your statues changed to invited for interview to "check back on dec 2"?

Did you have your statues changed to invited for interview to "check back on dec 2"?

I am not 100% sure, but If I can recall correctly, yes mine changed to check back on dec 2 and had offer made.

What does it mean if my statues didn't change?

I think the status changes when they make a decision -- whether it be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.
Mine changed to "check back on dec 1", so hoping for the best.
Did you interview yet?

I think the status changes when they make a decision -- whether it be accepted, rejected, or waitlisted.
Mine changed to "check back on dec 1", so hoping for the best.
Did you interview yet?

I did interview back in early October. I felt good about the interview too but my statues hasn't changed... Im beginning to worry alot!

What does it mean if my statues didn't change?

I'm sure this topic gets brought up every year, like check back on dec 1st status and meaning of it.
I haven't paid particular attention to it, and I don't think you should worry about that. Actually, I don't know clear answer to that haha. Just hope for the best and see what happens! Good luck.

lol Im a current dental student here and most seniors I talk to are graduating with atleast 2~5 RC (and even more for some) and more dentures than that. It's up to you to finish how many procedures and even if you go to other places, it results the same... You get what you put into it.

And clinic being cut throat? Think about it... no matter where you go, this will happen at any dental school. lol According to my seniors, it could get tough but it all works out in the end.
We all help Each other to succeed.
The only complainers are people who just weren't capable of carrying out this degree in the first place. It's what you make it out to be.

For the most part though, you guys will really enjoy your stay here. And BU dental school is very well known for it's extensive and robust alumni network, which they do extremely good job keeping up every year. Student affairs also do very very good job in student life transition and course schedule layouts. Let me know if you have more questions to ask. You're welcome to message me

Last edited:
So endo requires 2 on real patients to graduate and 100% of the seniors have met that...no shortage. We're on a group practice to make sure you get the requirement. You can take as many endo as you can find, though. And it does take an extra semester to graduate (as you pointed out you did in one of your 1298301923 other "scam" posts on the day you opened your account) if you don't understand the numbers required to graduate. You have to have 6+4 arches of dentures and everyone get that done as well.

And most people here at BU are very relaxed. I don't know of any "at your throat" individuals. We share notes if we missed a class, help people out when they have emergencies, and generally help each other day-to-day! Sorry you did not participate in such collaboration.

Offering information on your troubles in the program is one thing, but saying the school is a scam is totally inappropriate. I love this school and what I'm learning. Good luck with your career. Heads up to prospective students: most of us here as BU GSDM have a totally opposite, more warm personality that this individual :)

yeah everyone's actually pretty helpful sharing notes and helping each other to do well on exams. Atleast for my year it's been like that so far.