***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Is the school closed due to the weather?

Members don't see this ad.

i know tufts is, so im assuming BU is as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invite for feb 19th so they are still interviewing!

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview invite today, will be declining. Good luck everyone :)

Sorry to hear that. If you don't mind me asking, when was your interview?

Very early, first week of October... I must have bombed the interview even though I thought I did way better than my other interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty sure BU lost my application.

Judging by SDN feedback and my own situation, I'm pretty sure they lost a lot of our applications...

Reactions: 3 users
Very early, first week of October... I must have bombed the interview even though I thought I did way better than my other interviews.

Hopefully your other interviews have resulted in positive results? What do you think you could have improved on in your interview?

Hopefully your other interviews have resulted in positive results? What do you think you could have improved on in your interview?

I am still waiting to hear back from my other interviews. Some are still silent some on the waitlist. But the interview wise... I am not sure what I couldve done better. Very conversational and I said everything I wanted the interview to know. She agreed with everything I said and sounded positive. Maybe I should have been less desperate.....

So does this school give out rejection letters without interviews?

Yes, but generally not till really late in the cycle (ie June/July).
If I don't hear back by mid march I'm telling them I need my rejection letter

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them to inquire about my silent application: their response was that it's still under review and I can hear back at any point in the application cycle. Kcool

Anyone get an interview invite this week?

Hopefully, they will give out interview in the next week, from previous threads it looks like this was the last week

May I ask how come you think this is the last week for interview invites?

May I ask how come you think this is the last week for interview invites?
Just from previous threads, but who knows they might be giving interviews whenever

My guess is they are running behind schedule as the city of Boston has been buried the last few weeks.

School is definitely running behind schedule. We had 3 snowdays and lot of classes cancelled. So, it is probably delayed.

School is definitely running behind schedule. We had 3 snowdays and lot of classes cancelled. So, it is probably delayed.
Thats unfortunate, really hope for a shot at BU

Just wanted to give an update because I know there has been some questions about post December interviews and acceptance. Well, I just received my letter of acceptance!! Yippppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :)

oh, and I interviewed beginning of February

Is anyone interviewing in March?

I also interviewed in the first week of february, but haven't heard back from them. :(
So nervous!

I interviewed the first week of February as well and still haven't heard anything. I think that it really just depends on when the admissions committee meets, so maybe they just haven't yet. Has anyone else gotten a reply recently?

I reached out last week and asked if they would be sending out any additional interview invites and the response back was yes they would still be sending out a few for March so there is still hope guys.

Last edited:
I emailed them to check on my status and they replied that we could hear back at any time and I was still under review... 3 days later I got an interview invite for this Friday! Don't lose hope! (3.4 undergrad, 4.0 masters 22DAT)

I lost all hope lol
Don't lose hope yet.... Many of us are still waiting and there will be more movement coming next month and after April 1st - hang in there with the rest of us. Hey misery loves company right!

Don't lose hope yet.... Many of us are still waiting and there will be more movement coming next month and after April 1st - hang in there with the rest of us. Hey misery loves company right!

I sure hope so, I'm surprised that people still haven't got interviews for March yet.

The interview process at BU GSDM is very laid back, stress free environment, simply be yourself!