***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Hello everyone, I decided not to be one of those people who read threads but do not post about their process. I decided to retake my DAT on Feb 6th and notified my schools immediately after I retook them. I received an interview from BU Dental School around second week of February and will be going for the interview tomorrow. I'm super excited! It was such great news to hear after waiting for so long and working so hard to study for the DAT the second time around. That being said, don't lose hope and keep trying to work hard and pursue your goals! You got this!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hello everyone, I decided not to be one of those people who read threads but do not post about their process. I decided to retake my DAT on Feb 6th and notified my schools immediately after I retook them. I received an interview from BU Dental School around second week of February and will be going for the interview tomorrow. I'm super excited! It was such great news to hear after waiting for so long and working so hard to study for the DAT the second time around. That being said, don't lose hope and keep trying to work hard and pursue your goals! You got this!! :)
Good luck let us know how it goes!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the BU thread normally this quiet? Any updates for anyone/ anyone contact admissions recently?

I got accepted! But now I have to find a roommate who's willing to live the high life in a luxury apartment next to the school with me, which is harder than most would think because of price.

I got accepted! But now I have to find a roommate who's willing to live the high life in a luxury apartment next to the school with me, which is harder than most would think because of price.
Did you get accepted on Monday?

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know if they're done giving interviews?

does anyone know if they're done giving interviews?
I would really like to know as well, I have been patiently waiting, but might be losing hope! Also, does anyone know how much of the class is filled. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
I would really like to know as well, I have been patiently waiting, but might be losing hope! Also, does anyone know how much of the class is filled. Thank you!
At my interview last week they mentioned they were getting to the end of the cycle but interviews are still being given out and they still have "many" spots left. Don't lose hope. Great school. They seemed to be tied up for a few weeks with snow problems so I suspect they will interview later than usual. Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Who is still waiting to here from this school?

Who is still waiting to here from this school?
Yes but it's a bit like watching paint dry! At this point I don't have much hope to hear back from them. Guess they will reject all of us as we are sitting in our future Dental Schools in August, by that time the snow should be finally melted in Boston lol!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waiting in the sense of getting an interview or hearing anything at all from them lol
Lol I can tell you your application status, "At this time your application is still under review"

So is boston on spring break lol

I just declined my spot at BU! Hope a fellow SDNer gets it ;)

Just got the acceptance email with a scholarship offer!! So excited right now! Interviewed on 2/27!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else heard back or knows BU's status on acceptances/rejections?

Are they still interviewing? Really getting nervous. I love boston.

I am wondering the same but I would assume an interview at this point would be for the waitlist :\

Sending my deposit this week! Cheers to the class of 2019! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Is it normal for BU to let students wait more than 4 weeks after an interview for a response?! This is crazy!! :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
Is it normal for BU to let students wait more than 4 weeks after an interview for a response?! This is crazy!! :eek:

I interviewed in early Jan and didn't get accepted till early March, every applicant is different!

Patience! +pity+

Have not heard anything since June and at this point i'm not expecting anything. E-mailed someone around March and they told me my application is still under review and that the committee will be informed that i'm still interested in being interviewed for a seat in the program?......been over a month since and still nothing.

Have not heard anything since June and at this point i'm not expecting anything. E-mailed someone around March and they told me my application is still under review and that the committee will be informed that i'm still interested in being interviewed for a seat in the program?......been over a month since and still nothing.
I emailed them yesterday because I'm in the same situation. They're done with interviews with the exception of very few that might be necessary to fill the final seats.

Hey everyone, so I've been talking with admissions and was told that some interview might be sent out to fill the final class seats. Does anyone know how full the class is? I know its almost impossible to receive an interview invite, but just wondering!

Hey everyone, so I've been talking with admissions and was told that some interview might be sent out to fill the final class seats. Does anyone know how full the class is? I know its almost impossible to receive an interview invite, but just wondering!

Interesting, I was wondering why I haven't just received any notification of rejection without interview. I went ahead and called them to inquire about my status and basically continue expressing interest seeing as I'm waitlisted at two schools and since their formal interviews are over, can't hurt I guess.

Last edited:
Interesting, I was wondering why I haven't just received any notification of rejection without interview. I went ahead and called them to inquire about my status and basically continue expressing interest seeing as I'm waitlisted at two schools and since their formal interviews are over, can't hurt I guess.

Yeah I know how you feel! I was talking to one of my friends who applied to BU dental last year and she said that they sent out their final rejections at the end of March last year and since its the beginning of May I'm just wondering why they just haven't sent out rejections yet. Although its almost impossible to still get an interview from them, I still have a tiny bit of hope!

They said during my interview date that they may interview late in the cycle to fill remaining seats. I would call and express your interest. I sent an email and got an interview the next week.

Yeah I know how you feel! I was talking to one of my friends who applied to BU dental last year and she said that they sent out their final rejections at the end of March last year and since its the beginning of May I'm just wondering why they just haven't sent out rejections yet. Although its almost impossible to still get an interview from them, I still have a tiny bit of hope!
When I applied last cycle I received a rejection maybe a month or two into this cycle ... I pretty much applied to the school again and still didn't hear back from the last cycle haha...

When I applied last cycle I received a rejection maybe a month or two into this cycle ... I pretty much applied to the school again and still didn't hear back from the last cycle haha...
Hey! Yeah I spoke with admissions yesterday and they said that although they have concluded the interview cycle, there is still a possibility that the admissions committee will bring in applicants for an interview in the next few weeks to fill the last few seats. I feel like this isn't very likely, so I'm just taking it as a rejection and preparing to re-apply and re-take the DAT. Heres to another year of applications :(

Hey! Yeah I spoke with admissions yesterday and they said that although they have concluded the interview cycle, there is still a possibility that the admissions committee will bring in applicants for an interview in the next few weeks to fill the last few seats. I feel like this isn't very likely, so I'm just taking it as a rejection and preparing to re-apply and re-take the DAT. Heres to another year of applications :(
Gahhh I feel your pain .... :(

For those of you who have attended an interview at Boston U, what is the interview day like and how intense is the actual interview?

You get a tour of the school.. Pretty laid back day. My interview was extremely laid back and my interviewer was super nice. Pretty much just had a conversation of why I wanted to go there and her answering any questions I had. Made me really want to attend BU, but fortunately I got into my state school.

Is anyone still hearing from this school?

Still have not heard anything.. im feeling a rejection soon

Thats awesome!! how did you get there attention? And did you get accepted yet???

I emailed them my grades from this last semester. I am on the waitlist, praying for a miracle : )