*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

anyone know if out-of-state students are eligible for in-state tuition after living in ny for a year? (I'm a Canadian)

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know if out-of-state students are eligible for in-state tuition after living in ny for a year? (I'm a Canadian)
I know most, if not all, US students get in state tuition after D1. It may be the same thing for Canadians, but I don't know how it works with gaining US residency.

In other news, I just sent off $350 payable to university at Buffalo... Can't wait to start up and meet everyone this summer!

Reactions: 1 user
I know most, if not all, US students get in state tuition after D1. It may be the same thing for Canadians, but I don't know how it works with gaining US residency.

In other news, I just sent off $350 payable to university at Buffalo... Can't wait to start up and meet everyone this summer!

victor e. bull will be proud

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Wow, those stats are pretty outdated.

I may be wrong, but from what I heard at my interview I think scholarships are only offered to D2/3/4?

Wow, those stats are pretty outdated.

I may be wrong, but from what I heard at my interview I think scholarships are only offered to D2/3/4?
Yeah, very true. And I'd guess that with more applicants than ever, they wouldn't need to award quite as much to get competitive people to their class, so maybe those numbers are less now. Even at the low end, though, I'd take $100 haha. Not that I'm complaining, I love the tuition at this school, with or without scholarships.

alternated at buffalo. :( got the e-mail on 12/2. I forgot to update here.

OOS. interviewed 10/3

no love for the southern charm. but no worries, I'll be at a dental school somewhere.

People on alternative list. Who did you contact to find out the ranking?

I joined the group 2 days ago and they still have not been admitted

Has anyone gotten a "continuing review" and had it changed?

Did you guys get like 3 emails from UB this morning regarding GrAdMIT? I still don't feel like I was accepted, but now it's starting to sink in a little bit...

Did you guys get like 3 emails from UB this morning regarding GrAdMIT? I still don't feel like I was accepted, but now it's starting to sink in a little bit...

Not yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those already accepted and have accepted the offer, did your deposit check get cashed by UB yet?

Mailed out check 12/6. Hasn't been cashed yet, but was notified via email that it was received 12/19.

Mailed out check 12/6. Hasn't been cashed yet, but was notified via email that it was received 12/19.
I sent my check a few days after you, and got the same email too. But I haven't received the "gradmit" email yet.

Did anyone else who accepted the offer get the "gradmit" email?

I received both the "deposit received" email and just a few days ago the "gradmit" email.

Congrats people's! You are coming to one of the best schools in the country. Please relax now for a bit! They are really gonna make you work hard once you start! GL

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone willing to share how their interview experience was? Would love to get some interview about the experience.

Hey guys I got alternated in mid December but got the good news two days ago so hang in there!

I received both the "deposit received" email and just a few days ago the "gradmit" email.
Hey,
I only received "deposit received" email. what is the"gradmit" email?

Got my 3rd rejection notice from them. (Didnt get interviewed.) An email a few months back, the second when they changed my status on aadsas portal, and the 3rd today again via email. Im still not sure if all this means Im rejected, Im just gonna wait until they email me again or use the snail mail *rolls eyes*

Hey,
I only received "deposit received" email. what is the"gradmit" email?

Apologies, Ary. I have not been on the forums for a bit. Anyway, the gradmit email is an email from the university prompting you to enter information into suny buffalo's computer systems so as to get financial aid and other things processing; a pretty standard thing. Don't forget to do your Fasfa, its opened for processing back in the beginning of January. Also I remember reading up somewhere to make sure you include your parents information when filing your fasfa. See you this Summer!!!

Last edited:
Does anybody mind giving us the run down of the interview? schedule, whats gonna happen, actual interview experience, case study, group activity, writing assignment.....

I have a friend in Buffalo med school that Ive contacted to get more info about the school, Ill let you guys know once I hear back

Does anybody mind giving us the run down of the interview? schedule, whats gonna happen, actual interview experience, case study, group activity, writing assignment.....

I have a friend in Buffalo med school that Ive contacted to get more info about the school, Ill let you guys know once I hear back
You should read this entire thread before you ask questions!! Like page 1 or 2 there is someone that posted what the interview is like...

Or use the interview feedback section of SDN. Information there on any school you wish to know about...

Apologies, Ary. I have not been on the forums for a bit. Anyway, the gradmit email is an email from the university prompting you to enter information into suny buffalo's computer systems so as to get financial aid and other things processing; a pretty standard thing. Don't forget to do your Fasfa, its opened for processing back in the beginning of January. Also I remember reading up somewhere to make sure you include your parents information when filing your fasfa. See you this Summer!!!

Hi Richard, thank you for your response. I am an international student so I can't fill out the FASFA I assume. So that's why I may have not received the email.

For those of you that have gotten in, Congrats! Feel free to join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/704075659614938/
Have an interview next week. I've heard the writing prompt for most was on who is your hero and why. Sound right?

Is the case study pretty difficult or is it just more to see if you can interact with someone on a discussion level? Thanks!

Have an interview next week. I've heard the writing prompt for most was on who is your hero and why. Sound right?

mine was different, but just as easy to write a page about in a few short minutes.

Is the case study pretty difficult or is it just more to see if you can interact with someone on a discussion level? Thanks!

it's dr. brown's way of rorschaching you. there may or may not be a correct way to discuss the scenario...good luck!

Received bad news over email today. First rejection this year without an interview. My application was submitted late so I'm not surprised by this. Although the reason why it was late was not my fault. The Canadian DAT scores weren't sent out until late January even though we wrote in November. Really disappointed by this. Wasted a lot of money this year on applications. I finished my application back in July.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if any Canadians got into Buffalo this year. Would you mind sharing your stats? I really thought I had a decent chance at getting an interview with my stats. I'm curious because I would like to know if I should reapply at Buffalo next year.

Thanks! And congrats to those who got accepted!

Has anybody that interviewed in either January or February heard back yet?

I Interviewed in Feb. and have been placed in the top third of the Alternate List.

I'm one of the early assurance people, so it took forever for me to get my "official" acceptance letter...just sent in the deposit check a few weeks ago! ^.^ So excited to finally be able to say I'm going to Buffalo! Do they mail out some sort of packet of information once your check gets deposited?

I myself never received anything when I sent in my check. Do keep an eye out for the orientation website email; you should expect it soon. That website will provide any information you need I imagine or ways to get said information.

The orientation email will be from Dr. Flash. How awesome is that name.

Anyone accepted from alternate list?? Buffalo is very quiet.............