*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Interview! Signed up for October 16th (let's get this stress over with...)

I'm on the 16th too :)

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't realize that the cost of attendance was sooo high for us OOS :( i'm scheduling my interview post Dec :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I didn't realize that the cost of attendance was sooo high for us OOS :( i'm scheduling my interview post Dec :(

Are you aware that you can apply for in-state status after the first year? This is not guaranteed but I have not known a student to be rejected yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you aware that you can apply for in-state status after the first year? This is not guaranteed but I have not known a student to be rejected yet.
That's great news because I love this program! Thanks for letting me know :)

That's great news because I love this program! Thanks for letting me know :)

It's a great deal, even for out of state students. Those of you who will matriculate next year may also reap the benefits of a new pre-clinic lab (plans are in place, projected to be completed within a couple years).

Should I have received some type of update since an email on July 29 saying my app is ready for review? I know it's a long process, but it's been nearly 2.5 months

anyone have a plan for where to stay/how to get to the school on the day of the interview? it doesn't seem like there are any hotels near the dental campus.

Here is a nice new Hotel on Main St in a very nice part of town. There is a bus stop right in front which can take you to South Campus pretty quickly. It's also a short cab ride from the airport. There are some cheaper hotels on Niagara Falls boulevard with a similar distance as well but they are further from the airport.

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/new-y...m-garden-williamsville-buffalo/hotel-overview

Another option is to stay right at the airport and take a cab to South Campus for your interview. It's about 10-15 minutes from the school.

I received the application complete email July 10th after submitting June 4th and still haven't heard back yet one way or the other... is this strange? It seems like it's been a long time.

Hey Guys, anyone interviewing on November 4th?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think we need to pack some winter gear.........A resident from Buffalo said its gets really cold, even for Brooklyn (hometown:happy:) standards lol

It's a great deal, even for out of state students. Those of you who will matriculate next year may also reap the benefits of a new pre-clinic lab (plans are in place, projected to be completed within a couple years).
Pretty sure the dental school is getting all new stuff by 2016, along with the medical school moving to the downtown area. The true benefit is the living cost though, living in walking distance from the dental school will run you about ~$350 a month if not less (I pay $260).

Pretty sure the dental school is getting all new stuff by 2016, along with the medical school moving to the downtown area. The true benefit is the living cost though, living in walking distance from the dental school will run you about ~$350 a month if not less (I pay $260).
Yep and Yep. Hard to say exactly when the construction will start/end but there's a good chance you'll get to use the preclinical lab during your d2 year.

Sounds like you know the city, but for those who are reading this that don't, avoid areas directly South of campus (between main and bailey). Most everywhere else is fairly tame.

Yep and Yep. Hard to say exactly when the construction will start/end but there's a good chance you'll get to use the preclinical lab during your d2 year.

Sounds like you know the city, but for those who are reading this that don't, avoid areas directly South of campus (between main and bailey). Most everywhere else is fairly tame.
Well I'm currently a junior so hopefully I'll enjoy the new facilities coming in ;) But for anyone interested the best places to live if you want to save the most money are the roads on the south end of south campus (Winspear, Lisbon, etc.) Rent will be easily around 300, and it's pretty safe. Amherst is much nicer and rent can be found around the same for the apartments (granted you find roommates) but you'll have to commute which could be around 15 minutes away at most.

How did the interviews go?!

Interview was awesome, very relaxed!

Well I'm currently a junior so hopefully I'll enjoy the new facilities coming in ;) But for anyone interested the best places to live if you want to save the most money are the roads on the south end of south campus (Winspear, Lisbon, etc.) Rent will be easily around 300, and it's pretty safe. Amherst is much nicer and rent can be found around the same for the apartments (granted you find roommates) but you'll have to commute which could be around 15 minutes away at most.
Any apartments that are popular among the dental students?

Any apartments that are popular among the dental students?

That I'm not sure of. Most of the areas immediately by the dental school are houses that you can rent. There are the "Princeton court apts" not too far from campus but the best bang for your buck are the houses. I am literally a three minute walk from the dental school for example.

more details please! how was the facilities? ext

Faux, the facilities will be updated in 2016 so get excited!!

Has anyone else received the "your application is in Continuing Review" email? I feel like this isn't a good sign this early in the game :/

For those interviewing 11/4, anyone want to split a room to save some money? Let me know!

Has anyone else received the "your application is in Continuing Review" email? I feel like this isn't a good sign this early in the game :/
Yeah a received one a few weeks ago as well. Not sure if this is a nice way of telling me that I've been rejected or that they will look at our application after December.

Continuing review doesn't translate to certain rejection, but it does mean a future interview is unlikely. Essentially all schools will at one point look at your app and decide whether or not to give you an interview, but most won't inform you of any changes after that happens unless you receive an invite (I heard nothing from like 4 schools until the spring). Just another reason why UB is awesome.

The school is beautiful, plus on top of it they are redoing putting in brand new chairs starting 2015! Perfect timing for our clinical!

Just got the email last night, interviewing 10/16.

Stony Brook interview Wednesday, UB interview Thursday, genetics exam Friday. Sounds like fun

Reactions: 1 users
Are they interviewing only OOS first? International first?

I got a continuing review email 3 days ago.

AA/TS/PAT/RC 22/22/20/24
GPA and sGPA both 3.6-3.7
In state student.

I assumed my credentials were strong enough, anybody on the same boat?

Stony Brook interview Wednesday, UB interview Thursday, genetics exam Friday. Sounds like fun
I feel ya on this one haha ...because of all my traveling (aka interview=vacation time) I have C's in half of my classes and in the other half I still wonder if I'm in the correct class every time I make it to lecture... lol I still have 1 month and a half to pull those grades up tho :horns::hardy:

Hey Everyone! I got an email saying "continuing review" on 9/29 and on 10/3 I got an interview invite. So don't give up hope if you have a "continuing review" email haha. For those of you going to the interview tomorrow (10/16), I'll see you there!
In state
PAT-21
QR-21
RC-22
TS-18
AA-20
Cumulative GPA is roughly 3.3, science 3.4

Reactions: 3 users
Guy with the short hair, sitting up front? Red tie I think

Blue and had the accident in philly :p

Everyone seemed really nice and happy to be there.

Last edited:
By here, I'm hoping you mean UB? I'm a UB undergrad right now, the music scene in Buffalo is too good for me to want to leave.

I know a couple D2's that are into phish... maybe you're one of them..

By here, I'm hoping you mean UB? I'm a UB undergrad right now, the music scene in Buffalo is too good for me to want to leave.

I know a couple D2's that are into phish... maybe you're one of them..

**** mannn, you too? When do you apply?

Interviewed the other day. it went really well, and UB is my top choice so hopefully I'll be here next year

How was the format of the interview?

Two interviews, very conversational. A 3rd interview is given if the two people differ on their opinion on you.

Two interviews, very conversational. A 3rd interview is given if the two people differ on their opinion on you.
They let you know this before the 3rd interview? That seems intimidating.

Anyone interviewing on 11/13? looking for a female student to split a room to save some money. Let me know!

Can someone explain to me what a case interview is whatever it's called?