*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Everyone signed up for the buffalo stuff?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are all classes in the south campus? What about some of the classes that are with med students?

Every time I get a notification that someone posted in the thread, my heart sinks slightly. What a wonderful institution! It hurt me to deny this acceptance.

Every time I get a notification that someone posted in the thread, my heart sinks slightly. What a wonderful institution! It hurt me to deny this acceptance.

Maryland is awesome! beautiful area too!

Are all classes in the south campus? What about some of the classes that are with med students?
I'm almost 100% certain that all classes will be on South Campus (North Campus has undergrad/law school only). I wasn't aware that we'll be taking some classes with med students, but I would assume that those will be in the med school building (also on South Campus).

I'm almost 100% certain that all classes will be on South Campus (North Campus has undergrad/law school only). I wasn't aware that we'll be taking some classes with med students, but I would assume that those will be in the med school building (also on South Campus).

Yeah I remember reading that we would be with med students for histology and physiology. Or maybe I'm mixed up. Do you live in buffalo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Grrr, I'm still on the waitlist; upper half. Does anyone know if the wait list is still moving? I've got to make some decisions and am getting anxious. Also, any clue how much the deposit is and when tuition is due? Hope to join you guys soon!

Grrr, I'm still on the waitlist; upper half. Does anyone know if the wait list is still moving? I've got to make some decisions and am getting anxious. Also, any clue how much the deposit is and when tuition is due? Hope to join you guys soon!

I read in the NYU thread that AADSAS updates school on multiple deposits sometime this/next week. So perhaps a little movement there?

$350 deposit! :)

I read in the NYU thread that AADSAS updates school on multiple deposits sometime this/next week. So perhaps a little movement there?

$350 deposit! :)
That's great news! Thanks Faux. Also I'm glad to hear that if I get in, my wallet won't get slammed until August :)

That's great news! Thanks Faux. Also I'm glad to hear that if I get in, my wallet won't get slammed until August :)

Yep, it definitely helps compared to other schools. I understand schools are trying to secure a seat, but +1k? Come on.

Submitted a security deposit for my first apartment! Bit expensive but everything is included but cable/Internet and its literally right across from the school. $825 for a 1 bedroom, 750 square feet. Couldn't resist just getting out of bed and walking over, at least for the first 2 academic heavy years.

Not too early to start looking! My contact was absolutely fine with me moving during august and to start paying rent when I get the keys then.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I got an email for financial award information! check your ub email

Just received a call from Barbara 30 minutes ago!! Accepted off the wait list!!

YAY

Reactions: 4 users
That I am! Choice is NYU and Buff.....but money talks.

Waitlist is moving?? I've been waiting forever..

Yeah I talked to Barbara yesterday and she admitted that they were taking from the waitlist now, and that it was moving. She wouldn't give anymore information though.

@Innadental15 I interviewed early october and was wait listed Dec 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
@Faux I am going to buffalo in a day or two to look at apartments haha

Yeah I talked to Barbara yesterday and she admitted that they were taking from the waitlist now, and that it was moving. She wouldn't give anymore information though.
nice. I emailed her last week, but she didn't reply back to me lol. I will definitely give up my current spot to attend buffalo.

Interviewed in mid January, and got wait listed late January. Been calling 1-2x a month, checking in with Barbara, who btw is super nice. Would really love for the wait to be over. I want to start looking for an apartment already!!! lol

Interviewed in mid January, and got wait listed late January. Been calling 1-2x a month, checking in with Barbara, who btw is super nice. Would really love for the wait to be over. I want to start looking for an apartment already!!! lol
Have you been accepted to any other school?

If any females are looking for a roommate, message me! ;):D

@lumos26 I was looking anywhere that was within a 15 minute drive....but I will be in a house with an upperclassman and some incoming D1s.

It's a great deal, even for out of state students. Those of you who will matriculate next year may also reap the benefits of a new pre-clinic lab (plans are in place, projected to be completed within a couple years).

Pretty sure the dental school is getting all new stuff by 2016, along with the medical school moving to the downtown area. The true benefit is the living cost though, living in walking distance from the dental school will run you about ~$350 a month if not less (I pay $260).

I wonder if preclinical stuff would really be done by the time D2 starts. Any updates?

I wonder if preclinical stuff would really be done by the time D2 starts. Any updates?

I've been hearing mixed things, some say your class will have it D1 some say D2. I think it's safe to assume you'll have new stuff by D2.

Anyone know when loan money usually gets disbursed?

Early august

Thank you :). I noticed that the changes to the tuition will be voted for around july. I'm guessing the financial aid will adjust automatically?

Thank you :). I noticed that the changes to the tuition will be voted for around july. I'm guessing the financial aid will adjust automatically?
Hadn't seen that, can I get a link? I would love the tuition to stay stable at $30k/year but I think the 2015/2016 academic year tuition is set to move up to about $33k/year. The maximum allowable loan disbursement will go up accordingly, and you'll be able to adjust your loan amount based on how much you need.

inb4 weakfart

I'm just posting here in hopes of notifying those that had applied last year.

UB asks for 3 Faculty LoRs and I presume that means 3 letters from professors.

I only have 2 from professors and 1 from a dentist.

Did anyone have a letter from a dentist as one of their 3 LoRs and still receive an interview?

Hadn't seen that, can I get a link? I would love the tuition to stay stable at $30k/year but I think the 2015/2016 academic year tuition is set to move up to about $33k/year. The maximum allowable loan disbursement will go up accordingly, and you'll be able to adjust your loan amount based on how much you need.

I'm sorry for the late response! I was out of the country for two weeks.

It was in a email I believe, they mentioned the tuition changes last year happened in July as a reference for us now. Your link says that but there was a document that on UB(similar to the one you got on your interview) that still has 30k. I wish these changes would happen sooner :p

inb4 weakfart

I'm just posting here in hopes of notifying those that had applied last year.

UB asks for 3 Faculty LoRs and I presume that means 3 letters from professors.

I only have 2 from professors and 1 from a dentist.

Did anyone have a letter from a dentist as one of their 3 LoRs and still receive an interview?

How dare you. Anyway you might have to call the school and ask but I'm pretty sure they are lenient on LOR, can't find a source for you though.

What should we expect from orientation?