*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Anyone interviewing on 12/4 please message me asap

Members don't see this ad.

Im waiting to get an email for background check. I filled out the stuff on AADSAS portal but still no email. Anyone else still not receive an email?

Im waiting to get an email for background check. I filled out the stuff on AADSAS portal but still no email. Anyone else still not receive an email?
What background check

Members don't see this ad :)
From certiphi. Its mentioned on your acceptance email but i havent recieved an email from certiphi
Oh yea I haven't either

Update: I just got it

Last edited:
Hey guys...

Just got an acceptance by email! Super excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Got the application under continuing review email....huge buzzkill :(

has anyone gotten rejected without interview yet? I'm trying to see if i still have a shot at an interview since i haven't heard anything yet

Officially a buffalo solider! (Sent in my deposit today).

Officially a buffalo solider! (Sent in my deposit today).

Hey man... congrats on the acceptance! How long did you wait for the acceptance package in the mail after you received your email acceptance?

Hey man... congrats on the acceptance! How long did you wait for the acceptance package in the mail after you received your email acceptance?

It came like 2/3 days after the 1st. It's not priority mail or anything so you'll get it soon :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Will someone upload a photo of the daily schedule they gave at interview? I think it's a blue sheet. Lost mine, and still trying to make a decision. Front and back, please :D

I'm a D1 and still occasionally roam these parts. If you have any questions, please feel free! I'm sure theres other D1s sneaking around too.

I'm a D1 and still occasionally roam these parts. If you have any questions, please feel free! I'm sure theres other D1s sneaking around too.
How's Buffalo?

How's Buffalo?
I'm sure you know more than me, you're from buffalo! :p. I honestly haven't seen much outside of my books. I go home once a month for a weekend and my gf comes up once a month. Besides those two activities, I spend most of my time studying :p. But I expect that to change with gross being over, what a huge time sink that class was.

Yes hi what form of black magic does an OSS guy need to perform to get off the wait list?

Yes hi what form of black magic does an OSS guy need to perform to get off the wait list?

Not sure, we do have some OOS students here, I noticed some were from states that didn't have dental schools. Just hope for the best I suppose. Maybe send an email giving them an update on what you've been doing the last 6 months and how they are your #1?

I'm sure you know more than me, you're from buffalo! :p. I honestly haven't seen much outside of my books. I go home once a month for a weekend and my gf comes up once a month. Besides those two activities, I spend most of my time studying :p. But I expect that to change with gross being over, what a huge time sink that class was.
Well time to enjoy some wings, hockey and disappointment!

Reactions: 1 users
This is probably the most dead school specific forum -_-.... C'mon, future classmates!

Hey current UB students, what do people do with their summers? Do students ever do externships outside of Buffalo, e.g., in NYC?

This is probably the most dead school specific forum -_-.... C'mon, future classmates!
Hey Corn, looks like you and I are in similar boats: deposits happily in at UB, and awaiting a Columbia interview. What would you do if accepted? Are you from downstate?

Hey current UB students, what do people do with their summers? Do students ever do externships outside of Buffalo, e.g., in NYC?

Great question. Was wondering the same!

Hey Corn, looks like you and I are in similar boats: deposits happily in at UB, and awaiting a Columbia interview. What would you do if accepted? Are you from downstate?

Right? I am from Long Island (near the border of queens). That's awesome someone is by this side of the world. Haha... I don't know what I would do. I guess I would need to get an acceptance first before I consider anything lol. I really loved buffalo though, so it will be nice to see how the nyc dental school folk live.

How about you? What would you do? I'm sure you would probably live at home if/when you get into Columbia :).

The savings from choosing Buffalo over Columbia is considerable. Go buffalo ;)

I'm also from the protracted isle, so living at home would entail a 1.5hr commute... No way, jose.

UB has me smitten as well... The interview left me floating, and each following correspondence with the school just smacked of organization and quality. If I got into Columbia... That would be tough. Really tough. I'd probably vacillate btwn the two till the very last minute before ultimately sticking with UB. My love is here in LI, but we agreed that UB is the right program for our future. It feeeels right, ya know?

Turned down my acceptance a few days ago. Hope one of you guys get it!

I'm also from the protracted isle, so living at home would entail a 1.5hr commute... No way, jose.

UB has me smitten as well... The interview left me floating, and each following correspondence with the school just smacked of organization and quality. If I got into Columbia... That would be tough. Really tough. I'd probably vacillate btwn the two till the very last minute before ultimately sticking with UB. My love is here in LI, but we agreed that UB is the right program for our future. It feeeels right, ya know?

It does feel right man. I'm from NYC, so I understand how hard of a decision that would be. Nevertheless, there was a great vibe at the interview, the program is excellent, and the price is right. Your future self would thank you.

Trust me, I understand COMPLETELY! It doesn't hurt to check out our competition, haha. Buffalo does feel right! We are the buffalo soldiers! I wish you were interviewing the same day as me :(.

It does feel right man. I'm from NYC, so I understand how hard of a decision that would be. Nevertheless, there was a great vibe at the interview, the program is excellent, and the price is right. Your future self would thank you.

I agree! Of all the interviews I went on, the buffalo interviewees were the most chill and down-to-earth which was a HUGE plus for me. These are the people you'll be spending the next 4 years with so that's important (for me at least).

Buffalo is known to train top notch dentists so I'm not worried about that. I have a friend at Columbia dental and he said buffalo is best for preparing you especially for the board exams. He also said if he could do it again... He would've done buffalo.

I say that all the time! "My future self will thank me for the choice!" Haha. Save money, live/get prepared... BUFFALO!

Now that we've all gotten our gushies out, I do have a complaint about UB: those toothbrushes they gave out at the interview were too damn hard.

Seems like we might get some lake snow in the UB dental area this week. Make sure you keep updated for your travel plans. They still had interviews last year during that huge storm.

I must say, I'm loving the toothpaste they gave us. I wish I had taken more lol.

Does anyone know if buffao dental students get that free, sexy electric toothbrush that other school's students get? I believe it's the Philip sonic care... I know UF gives it.

How short is the essay on interview day?

Seems like we might get some lake snow in the UB dental area this week. Make sure you keep updated for your travel plans. They still had interviews last year during that huge storm.

Can't hear you over the sounds of me ice skating on the streets by campus.

I must say, I'm loving the toothpaste they gave us. I wish I had taken more lol.
Truth. I actually just bought a full-sized tube of the stuff.

How short is the essay on interview day?
Mondo short. A paragraph, really.

Can't hear you over the sounds of me ice skating on the streets by campus.
Just watched a video of tree skiing at Holiday Valley. I'm getting so excited for that lake effect powpow.

Does anyone know if buffao dental students get that free, sexy electric toothbrush that other school's students get? I believe it's the Philip sonic care... I know UF gives it.

Free toothbrush? Pfshtt. I'm more curious as to whether we'll get free dental care while we're there..

LoL, I doubt it. Maybe @Faux can shed some light about this, but when I glossed over the school's health plan, dental coverage was sparse. :shrug:

i haven't looked into it lol. i think we get one preventive visit a year or something along those lines. I should find time to look through that document sometime.

Any idea when they start to accept students off the waitlist? I'm hoping its before march so I don't have to pay NYU the $3500 deposit.

Any idea when they start to accept students off the waitlist? I'm hoping its before march so I don't have to pay NYU the $3500 deposit.

I just received a email labled
"University at Buffalo DDS Program Alternate Notice" which seems to be another term for waitlisted. Anyway it basically means that you wont hear back about a possible acceptance until the end of April to the beginning of August.

I just received a email labled
"University at Buffalo DDS Program Alternate Notice" which seems to be another term for waitlisted. Anyway it basically means that you wont hear back about a possible acceptance until the end of April to the beginning of August.

well there goes my $3500 to that money-making machine that is NYU

Got accepted this morning!!!!! OOS :)

Reactions: 3 users