*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Got accepted this morning!!!!! OOS :)

Welcome fellow Buffalo soldier!!! Will you be attending!? Make sure you join the VERY ACTIVE FB group, lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a email labled
"University at Buffalo DDS Program Alternate Notice" which seems to be another term for waitlisted. Anyway it basically means that you wont hear back about a possible acceptance until the end of April to the beginning of August.

When did you interview?

Welcome fellow Buffalo soldier!!! Will you be attending!? Make sure you join the VERY ACTIVE FB group, lol.
Thanks! I haven't 100% decided yet. I'm between buffalo and another school.

Hey you guys! I might have missed it somewhere along the thread, but is there a fb page for UB Dental 2020? TIA! :):):)

Does anyone know how full the class is right now?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone interviewed on 1/14?

Last edited:
Oops. I edited the post, I meant 1/14.

Nope. What did you think of the program?

After the interview and tour at the school, I absolutely love the program. I have been through a couple of interviews, but I am not usually impress compared to Buffalo. The program at Buffalo exposes their students to clinicals as early as first year, they do this once a week and more often after first year. Most schools won't start their clinicals until at the second year, so I find that impressive. The mentorship program is also great to keep students on top of their work. You will be paired with an upper class student, faculty, and dentist so you can have the opportunity to learn from each one. I am really excited about getting a chance to learn the business aspect of dentistry when I pair up with a dentist. Lastly, the school here is really cheap compare to the other schools that I interviewed at.

After the interview and tour at the school, I absolutely love the program. I have been through a couple of interviews, but I am not usually impress compared to Buffalo. The program at Buffalo exposes their students to clinicals as early as first year, they do this once a week and more often after first year. Most schools won't start their clinicals until at the second year, so I find that impressive. The mentorship program is also great to keep students on top of their work. You will be paired with an upper class student, faculty, and dentist so you can have the opportunity to learn from each one. I am really excited about getting a chance to learn the business aspect of dentistry when I pair up with a dentist. Lastly, the school here is really cheap compare to the other schools that I interviewed at.

An excellent program indeed... All for the right price. Home run imo

Still on the waitlist. Any one know when the waitlist starts to move and how many spots open up? I am sort of losing hope because this is such a great school with excellent cost :(

Still on the waitlist. Any one know when the waitlist starts to move and how many spots open up? I am sort of losing hope because this is such a great school with excellent cost :(
Not sure when it opens but I remember Barbara telling my interview group some years they take applicants from the wait list and others they don't. It all depends on their needs.

Not sure when it opens but I remember Barbara telling my interview group some years they take applicants from the wait list and others they don't. It all depends on their needs.

that is not reassuring at all

Hey lazyindy, I was wait listed 2 years ago before I took a year off, and was accepted this year. Movement on the wait list is affected by three things; improved grades on your transcripts, improved DAT scores, and obviously students accepting other offers and turning down buffalo. They go by thirds, and typically the top 1/3 will have the best shot at acceptance. They won't tell the number on the wait list, but my advice is improve something if you can and let them know. The benefit to you is if you are not pulled, improve something and reapply for the next cycle, you may have a better shot at admission (because you were close before. I know EXACTLY what you are going through and feel for you especially because you can wait until August and not get in. It's not easy to get into ANY school these days. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hey lazyindy, I was wait listed 2 years ago before I took a year off, and was accepted this year. Movement on the wait list is affected by three things; improved grades on your transcripts, improved DAT scores, and obviously accepted students accepting other offers and turning down buffalo. They go by thirds, and typically the top 1/3 will have the best shot at acceptance. They won't tell the number on the wait list, but my advice is improve something if you can and let them know. Personally I held to the hope of getting pulled from the list and that kept me from putting my efforts into a DAT retake. I was not accepted that year, but moved from the middle third to the upper third by the end. I retook the DAT, spent a year working and reapplied. The benefit to you is if you are not pulled, improve something and reapply for the next cycle, you may have a better shot at admission (if granted another interview) because you were close before. I know EXACTLY what you are going through and feel for you especially because you can wait until August and not get in. It's not easy to get into ANY school these days and it took me three years and three DAT attempts. Buffalo seems to really weigh the DAT heavily for their applicants so an improvement will really help here and elsewhere. Keep fighting the good fight, hope this helps!

Thanks for the advice!

any idea if they will be interviewing in march or are they done

Just got rejected w/o interview this morning :(
OOS-CA

when is their deposit due? and who here is dropping their seats?

The dental students still roam these parts. So if you have questions, just post!

The dental students still roam these parts. So if you have questions, just post!
Hey @Faux and any other current students, do you mind answering a couple things? The facebook group has been buzzing with activity concerning housing, but it seems early to me. Do you think it's the right time to start looking? What are the names of some of the apartment complexes within walking distance of school? Know anything about Princeton Court Apts?? Thanks in advance ;)

Hey @Faux and any other current students, do you mind answering a couple things? The facebook group has been buzzing with activity concerning housing, but it seems early to me. Do you think it's the right time to start looking? What are the names of some of the apartment complexes within walking distance of school? Know anything about Princeton Court Apts?? Thanks in advance ;)

I knew the place I wanted to stay at by December, signed a lease by April. Its a bit early I suppose, maybe next month or april start looking. Haven't heard of Princeton Court Apts

http://www.triad-ucourtapartments.com/university-court.html

Hey I'm a current undergrad here and know the area somewhat. Princeton court is pretty close to campus but isn't the nicest place when I went to go to check out the apartments. I'd highly suggest you spend a weekend or so and take a look around the neighborhoods you're interested in. One area can be full of parties while the next can be families.

Princeton court is pretty close to campus but isn't the nicest place when I went to go to check out the apartments. I'd highly suggest you spend a weekend or so and take a look around the neighborhoods you're interested in. One area can be full of parties while the next can be families.

Thanks for the info. I knew that price was too good to be true. All I really want is to live alone, and close enough to walk. The Triad apartment complex that @Faux posted seems promising... Have you settled on a place yet?

Thanks for the info. I knew that price was too good to be true. All I really want is to live alone, and close enough to walk. The Triad apartment complex that @Faux posted seems promising... Have you settled on a place yet?

It's the university court apts you're thinking of. That seems pretty decent, the triads are on north but managed by the same firm I think. If you want a place to yourself walking distance from south, University court is probably your best bet unless other apartments in the area open up. I have a place currently right by campus but I'm most likely moving, not sure where yet though.

Any thoughts on the Elmwood area?

Elmwood is the the "hipper" neighborhoods. Figure out where on elmwood though, the road is long and part of it is awesome, part of it is a wee bit scary while the most northern part of the road is just plain suburbs.

got an email this morning confirming my alternate status. What was the point of this message? I already know I'm on the waiting list..did anyone else get this e-mail?

got an email this morning confirming my alternate status. What was the point of this message? I already know I'm on the waiting list..did anyone else get this e-mail?

yeah I got one. I thought the same thing.....I have been trying to get in touch w Weinberg for about a week now. Finally got in touch with her today about the waitlist and she said the "alternate list split into thirds is a rumor and I am not at liberty to share any information with you or anybody else". She also didnt even ask for my name. Not that pleasant of a conversation.....so.........

yeah I got one. I thought the same thing.....I have been trying to get in touch w Weinberg for about a week now. Finally got in touch with her today about the waitlist and she said the "alternate list split into thirds is a rumor and I am not at liberty to share any information with you or anybody else". She also didnt even ask for my name. Not that pleasant of a conversation.....so.........

Barbara was out last week and she returned yesterday. I've been in touch with her for the past 2 months and she is always sweet with me. I'm sorry to hear you felt your convo was not pleasing :/

She also told me the same thing that she cannot give out any information regarding our ranking on the wait list. However we ARE ranked, as told by a friend who is a D3 at UB. This year I guess they stopped giving out the ranking information. I would keep calling every now and then and keep showing interest. Dont lose hope :)

I did as well, I'm not sure why they did that. I called before and had a simililar situation. They said that they are not allowed to give out any info regarding where we are placed on the alternate list. I guess all we do is wait for now.

I just received a call from Dr. Brown saying that I was accepted off of the waiting list. I sadly had to decline as I just sent in my final deposit to the University of Maryland last night, but I'm extremely happy to have been considered Buffalo worthy! Best of luck to everyone else dealing with wait listed status. Your call may be coming soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
has anyone else gotten a call from dr brown?? keeping my phone near me at all times!!

Has anybody on the alternate list gotten a call/email recently?!

Honestly if you are on the wait list don't get your hopes up.

I'm also on the wait list

yeah dude, no need to be a downer. if you don't care anymore, call them up and give your waitlist spot to someone else. jeeze

Reactions: 2 users