*** The Official Buffalo Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Great, thanks a million for the input! Can you ask your friend how she booked? Hehe. I've called the registrar to book my interview like 15 times and left a message and can't get through to anyone! :spitoutpacifier:
I called them about 3 times and left messages before someone called to help me schedule the interview. I'm sure they're just busy and someone will get back to you shortly!

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, just call within business hours and book. When I scheduled for October, I think I saw 3 dates.

FINALLY, I received a call back from them and was able to schedule the interview. Advise to those trying to get through to the registrar: keep calling and if you still don't get through, leave a message- they'll actually call back!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thankfully, I just got an invite to Buffalo today!

Interviews dates are only showing November 7 & 11. I was surprised as to how late that seems. Anyone have any input of whether that's considered late in the process and are my chances still okay?

Thank guys!! :love:
I got an invite at the end of July and scheduled mine for 10/14. No need to be concerned, Nov is not late!

I already applied to a couple schools in early July but I'm interested in Buffalo. Do u guys think it's too late to apply if I applied now?

Hey fellas, Florida resident here. Just added Buffalo to my AADSAS and submitted the 75$ fee to UB! Looking forward to seeing what happens down the road :)

Goodluck bro!

Anybody know any cool stuff to do in Buffalo besides go to Niagara? I'm staying an extra day and want to do some sight seeing

Anybody know any cool stuff to do in Buffalo besides go to Niagara? I'm staying an extra day and want to do some sight seeing
I'm staying extra day too and was thinking about the zoo hahaa....

I already applied to a couple schools in early July but I'm interested in Buffalo. Do u guys think it's too late to apply if I applied now?
r

roll the dice

Reactions: 1 user

My application was sent out to the dental school around this time as well. From my experience, I received an invite at the end of November for a post December interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS. Based on what UB reported in the ADEA Book, they only interview about 10% of the OOS applicants. So I guess this makes sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have their interview next week? This is my first interview and I'm not too sure what to expect so I'm getting a little nervous

Does anyone have their interview next week? This is my first interview and I'm not too sure what to expect so I'm getting a little nervous
Don't be nervous at all. The interview process is a very smooth one. They are such nice people so you have nothing to worry about. Just have a wonderful smile that's all

Don't be nervous at all. The interview process is a very smooth one. They are such nice people so you have nothing to worry about. Just have a wonderful smile that's all

I hope so! Mines on the 7th.

Does Buffalo give "continuing review" to everyone instead of flat out rejection email? Did anyone get flat out rejected from this school instead of getting this contunuing review?

Can anyone pleeeeeeeeease tell me about the interview process and what to expect? :help:

Can anyone pleeeeeeeeease tell me about the interview process and what to expect? :help:

It's VERY relaxed, they emphasize in the beginning and throughout the day to be yourself (and they mean it). They don't ask 'grilling' questions, they just want to know more about you, and how you 'think'. It's basically a conversation. You have two interviews.

It's VERY relaxed, they emphasize in the beginning and throughout the day to be yourself (and they mean it). They don't ask 'grilling' questions, they just want to know more about you, and how you 'think'. It's basically a conversation. You have two interviews.

You had the interview this past Friday? Can you summarize the schedule of the day for me? (you can PM me if you'd like :))

Is anyone interviewing on November 17th?

If so, would be great to share a hotel room/local transportation!

Please PM me, male, arriving on the evening of the 16th, departing for the airport on the evening of the 17th after interviews

a third if they disagree with each other.

a third if they disagree with each other.
You mean if one interviewer says the applicant was good and one says he was bad then a 3rd interviewer decides his fate?

You mean if one interviewer says the applicant was good and one says he was bad then a 3rd interviewer decides his fate?

Thats how it was in my cycle.

Saw a bunch of you today, good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed this past Friday. Met wonderful people. Students here look happy. Honestly the school has become my top choice now when I learned that I can switch to in-state after 1 year. Really hope to be accepted here!

Anyone interviewing on Nov. 17th?

Looking to share a hotel/motel room, male, arriving the evening of the 16th, please PM!

I interviewed this past Friday. Met wonderful people. Students here look happy. Honestly the school has become my top choice now when I learned that I can switch to in-state after 1 year. Really hope to be accepted here!

And you'll get a brand new pre-clinic? Steal at the price imo, when compared to other schools.

And you'll get a brand new pre-clinic? Steal at the price imo, when compared to other schools.

I really liked that part about the school too. Looking at how the renovations will turn out was pretty great!

Reactions: 1 users
Just interviewed today. Loved it here. Everyone was so nice and whole interview process was conversational and actually fun!

Just interviewed today. Loved it here. Everyone was so nice and whole interview process was conversational and actually fun!
Similar thoughts... definitely moved Buffalo up my list of top schools

Now lets all hope for the best!

Does anyone know how many they interview/accept?

More competition! Jk! :p
According to the ADEA guide in 2014 they interviewed 260 people for 90 seats. Not sure about the number of interviews this year.

For everyone that submitted and had your applications mailed in August and were granted interviews what are your stats? I am trying to see where I fall.

I interviewed this past Friday and had a great experience! Nobody should be worried about the interview, they're very conversational. The hardest part I'd say is I got asked an ethical question, but everything was very laid back.

Does anyone have any recommendations for cab/taxi service to and from the airport as well as getting around the Buffalo area? Staying with a friend in Collegiate Village for my 11/11 interview but need a cab to get to the school in the morning.

Does Buff have Uber yet? I don't have my license yet..lol
Upstate NY didnt have uber when I checked in the last month or so, ended up just renting a car when I was there last week.

I recommend renting a car. Cheaper than taxi.
No Uber in Buffalo. It costs me ~$30 for a cab from the airport to the place I stayed at, which is 5 minutes from UB.

Does anyone have any recommendations for cab/taxi service to and from the airport as well as getting around the Buffalo area? Staying with a friend in Collegiate Village for my 11/11 interview but need a cab to get to the school in the morning.
Buffalo area doesn't have neither uber nor left. Taxi is really expensive so renting a car might be the best. Less than 20 minute ride was $32 D: Or try finding someone to share a ride with on the way back to the airport if you're going straight after the interview.