***The Official COLORADO Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLou3612

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good Luck to all you Colorado peeps! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Applied here! Anyone hear from them regarding supplemental fee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Im waiting, Glad to see Im not alone. pretty sure I went out first batch...

Anybody see this school before?

:cool:

Eventually, you'll get a notice that your application was received. If you receive an interview invite, only then will you receive forms to return with the fee. Kind of nice that they don't have everyone pay the fee. Just the interviewees.

Has anyone received any confirmation from Colorado that their app was received? I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Nothing...but I heard they run a little bit later

Nothing...but I heard they run a little bit later

This is true, do not stress about Colorado. I heard nothing until Jan. 3ish for an interview around Jan. 10 and was accepted a few days after that. They do a fair amount later in the cycle from what I understand.

This is true, do not stress about Colorado. I heard nothing until Jan. 3ish for an interview around Jan. 10 and was accepted a few days after that. They do a fair amount later in the cycle from what I understand.

Were you a Colorado resident? Also if you don't mind what were your stats?

Were you a Colorado resident? Also if you don't mind what were your stats?

Yes, Colorado resident. I had an oGPA far lower than their average, sGPA was on par with their average and my DAT was a fair bit higher than their average. PM me any time with any questions or more specifics about CO.

I got an email that my app was received. Did anyone else hear anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

I'm a DS1 at Colorado, so let me know if there's anything I can help you with this cycle.

Like sacapuntas mentioned above, they only take about half the class by December. If you get a late interview here it's not "late" in the traditional sense.

does Colorado have a supplemental application? I'm looking on the AADSAS website and their supplemental materials are only fee, a residency form and a questionnaire... does that mean if you get an interview then you have to do all that, or did you guys with interviews get all the additional stuff first before interview invitation?

No I am not. I am an Arizona resident! I chose the 12 October date.

does Colorado have a supplemental application? I'm looking on the AADSAS website and their supplemental materials are only fee, a residency form and a questionnaire... does that mean if you get an interview then you have to do all that, or did you guys with interviews get all the additional stuff first before interview invitation?

Jeffity spoke to this on 7/9:

"Eventually, you'll get a notice that your application was received. If you receive an interview invite, only then will you receive forms to return with the fee. Kind of nice that they don't have everyone pay the fee. Just the interviewees."

Got it. Sorry, I didn't see the previous post. I've read through so many threads that it's all getting jumbled @__@ Thank you!

When did you submit your application??? I sent out mid of July but still haven't heard anything from CO. Thanks

I got an email from Colorado saying they received my AADSAS app on July 29th. I completed my AADSAS app on July 5th (2nd batch)

Received the email today!! Interviewing at Denver, couldn't be more excited!!

:love:

Received the email today!! Interviewing at Denver, couldn't be more excited!!

:love:

Congrats! Do you mind posting stats? Also, instate or OOS? It seems like right now more invites are going to OOS.

Just got an interview invite today!!! So pumped!!!!
How long did it take for them to contact you? I received the "we have your app, we'll contact you later" email on August 12. I know I applied later than a lot of people on this site, but it was still July when I submitted it.

are any of OOS applicants that got the interview from WICHE states? I was thinking of applying here but then backed down bc of my DAT score and im a CA resident.

Do you think i'll be considered one of late applicants if I apply now?

are any of OOS applicants that got the interview from WICHE states? I was thinking of applying here but then backed down bc of my DAT score and im a CA resident.

Do you think i'll be considered one of late applicants if I apply now?
I am from a WICHE state but will not be applying for WICHE.

I can't say if you'll be considered late if you apply now, but I personally would still apply!

Hope that helps and good luck!

I am from a WICHE state but will not be applying for WICHE.

I can't say if you'll be considered late if you apply now, but I personally would still apply!

Hope that helps and good luck!

I just got an interview to Colorado and I'm part of a WICHE state. Why would you not apply for WICHE? It saves you a ton of money on tuition from what I understand

I just got an interview to Colorado and I'm part of a WICHE state. Why would you not apply for WICHE? It saves you a ton of money on tuition from what I understand

although technically CA is a WICHE state, for CU dental admissions the states that qualify for WICHE are only new mexico, hawaii, alaska, arizona, wyoming and some other states are for WICHE only.

it sucks to be a CA resident, even the public schools are not that cheap and dont favor in-state students.

anybody got interview from a non-WICHE state?

edit: realized you were replying to futuredentist18 and not me. well good luck to both of you.

scheduled an afternoon interview for 10/12, got the email today. applying from a WICHE state

AA:19
BCP:3.64
sGPA:3.62
non-science:3.68

You have to live in the WICHE state for 5 years prior to matriculation. I moved from CA to AZ less than 5 years ago, ALTHOUGH I lived in AZ the whole time before I went to CA for only 2 years and was only a CA resident for one of those years....sucks, but nothing I can do about it!

Any in-state people get interviews yet?

I'm in-state and got invited for an interview on 08/30. Two other people in my pre-dental club got invited for interviews on the same day. We go to Colorado State University. Hope this helps and good luck!

Have one set for 10/12 in the afternoon. Anyone with the same day want to talk? Also, for those that already had their interview, how was it?

I applied in August, and it says that my application was received on August 29... :) So far I didn't get an invite for interview.:(:(:( Is that bad or good? Can people who got their interviews schedule tell me when did they apply???? Thank you all in advance. :):):):)

I'm in-state and got invited for an interview on 08/30. Two other people in my pre-dental club got invited for interviews on the same day. We go to Colorado State University. Hope this helps and good luck!

Good job!!! when did you apply? :)

Yes, I am from CO... Look like we are exactly a month apart. Hopefully I hear something from them soon.

Hi everyone, my application was sent out on July 19, but up until now I haven't heard anything from CO. Should I call them to check if they receive my application??? Any suggestions ?? I'm afraid my app is lost.

Hi everyone, my application was sent out on July 19, but up until now I haven't heard anything from CO. Should I call them to check if they receive my application??? Any suggestions ?? I'm afraid my app is lost.

Yes. Just tell them you are an applicant and never received any confirmation about your application and was wondering if they needed anything else from you to make your app complete.

So I submitted mine on Aug 21st and received a letter that my app is completed...
when the school will ask for supplement???
Oh im OOS

Got invited for an interview today! Not till December 7th though... I'm wondering if they do mostly out of state applicants first?

I'm in state and I have my interview on Saturday (so excited)! Anyone else have an interview this Saturday, September 28th?

I was so excited to see this invitation from University of Colorado. I got this in Sept. 18th. via email and I confirmed my date for Oct. 26th. 11 AM. I love Colorado, who can't? :love:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a OOS. AA/ST/PAT 21/21/22.
I am a Korean and a permanent resident here.
I am a registered pharmacist in South Korea.
Invited from: University of Michigan.

For those that already interviewed, did Colorado indicate whether they planned to fill most of their class by December or just half of it (like they have previously)?

Well I was really hoping to find out what the interview is like at this school but this is probably the shortest thread I have seen yet. I have my interview tomorrow and will be sure to post about my experience afterward to help out all of those who will be interviewing after me. Maybe this will be my first interview going in completely blind, which could be an interesting experience in its own right. I'll try to find out more and post if I find out anything. Hope to see some of you tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.