***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

pinkster

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread for Colorado. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah, good luck everyone! Any other out-of-staters? TX girl here.

Idaho here, but living and working at the CU medical campus! Just toured the school last week, loved it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't heard anything. I'm a CO resident living in Chicago. I would love to go back!

I just got an email saying they received my application!

I also received the same email! Very excited for the next process.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idaho here, but living and working at the CU medical campus! Just toured the school last week, loved it.
Im Idaho too and currently living in CO ... it will be interesting to see how the applications turn out as CO usually wants actual CO residents.

I try and drop by every week or so to ask annoying questions since I work on campus. I was told that for the OOS apps the GPA they look for is usually 3.7 and up and really competitive, but everyone there was really positive to me about my chances so we shall see! It's just really annoying that Idaho isn't a WICHE state.

Hey guys!

I'm an out-of-stater from Florida admitted to CU this past cycle. I wanted to drop by and offer some insight since I was in your shoes last year and I know how nerve-wrecking this waiting game can get. I did not receive an interview invitation until December, interviewed in January and got accepted in February. They told us they were running behind last year as there was a change in the administration so hopefully this year goes more smoothly. Good luck! Feel free to comment or message me with any specific questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys!

I'm an out-of-stater from Florida admitted to CU this past cycle. I wanted to drop by and offer some insight since I was in your shoes last year and I know how nerve-wrecking this waiting game can get. I did not receive an interview invitation until December, interviewed in January and got accepted in February. They told us they were running behind last year as there was a change in the administration so hopefully this year goes more smoothly. Good luck! Feel free to comment or message me with any specific questions.

What were your stats? I'm also a oos application from fl.

Yeah if anyone has stats for OOS applicants it would be great to see those.

I try and drop by every week or so to ask annoying questions since I work on campus. I was told that for the OOS apps the GPA they look for is usually 3.7 and up and really competitive, but everyone there was really positive to me about my chances so we shall see! It's just really annoying that Idaho isn't a WICHE state.
I totally agree, also an Idaho resident temporarily living in Northern Colorado! Would LOVE to get into CU :)

OOS Kansas, here. Good luck everyone!

My cousin graduated from here in 2012 and said the program is awesome. He, as well as myself, are OOS from Indiana.

Not yet. I'm OOS from Alabama. Does anyone know how many of the people who interview get accepted?

From the 2012 ADEA guide to schools, for OOS 135 interviewed, 31 of those enrolled. In state: 137 interviewed, 49 enrolled. I don't have any more current information.

Reactions: 1 user
From the 2012 ADEA guide to schools, for OOS 135 interviewed, 31 of those enrolled. In state: 137 interviewed, 49 enrolled. I don't have any more current information.

Does it say the total number of applicants?

I think Colorado is ~1200 or more applicants if I'm not mistaken.

I just bout the ADEA book last night and it says in 2013 there were 1,492 applicants total.

I looked through last years forum and the first person to post about an interview was on August 30th. We have a long time until then! Someone should correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you only get a supplemental if you get an interview. Only then will you pay Colorado! I love that they do that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone. I'm a current DS1 student at Colorado (in-state student). The people on SDN were so helpful to me during my own stressful application process, so I want to pay it forward!

During our orientation last week, they told us that a little over 1600 people applied for our class.

259 people interviewed (we did not find out whether this includes people who were selected for an interview but declined).

Average age of our class is 26; average GPA is around 3.57, and average DAT was 19.6 There are a few more men than women in my class of 80.

Feel free to ask me anything else or anything about the application process by PM or on this forum. Remember, I just barely started so I might not have that much insight beyond the application process for the school.

Also, I think I heard that they are going to start interviews in mid-September, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a couple of weeks for some of you to start hearing back.

Oh, one more thing. I know this is way easier said than done, but don't stress too much if you don't get invited for the first group of interviews. I think every school is different in how they determine who interviews on what day. Based on my SDN research last year (done when I was totally stressed out on why I did not hear back from Colorado early on in the interview process), it seemed that the first group of interviews had people with very high GPAs/DATs and also some very low GPAs/DATs (like literally, sub-3.0 if you look at the class of 2018 Colorado applicant thread). Many people in the first interview session did not get accepted (which was probably true for many of the interview sessions), so it does not necessarily mean that they choose the first date to interview the best applicants, etc.

There also seemed to be some interview dates that had many more out of state candidates than in-state candidates and vice versa.

So again, if you did not get an interview for September (or even if you did), do not over analyze why you did/didn't.

Colorado also tends to interview well into the spring, and many of my classmates had post-December interviews. In the past, they've only filled half the class by December, so it has differed from some other schools in that regard. Of course, this is all subject to change, but I just wanted to tell you what I gleaned from previous cycles.

Reactions: 8 users
Hey everyone. I'm a current DS1 student at Colorado (in-state student). The people on SDN were so helpful to me during my own stressful application process, so I want to pay it forward!

During our orientation last week, they told us that a little over 1600 people applied for our class.

259 people interviewed (we did not find out whether this includes people who were selected for an interview but declined).

Average age of our class is 26; average GPA is around 3.57, and average DAT was 19.6 There are a few more men than women in my class of 80.

Feel free to ask me anything else or anything about the application process by PM or on this forum. Remember, I just barely started so I might not have that much insight beyond the application process for the school.

Also, I think I heard that they are going to start interviews in mid-September, so I'm sure it's just a matter of a couple of weeks for some of you to start hearing back.

Oh, one more thing. I know this is way easier said than done, but don't stress too much if you don't get invited for the first group of interviews. I think every school is different in how they determine who interviews on what day. Based on my SDN research last year (done when I was totally stressed out on why I did not hear back from Colorado early on in the interview process), it seemed that the first group of interviews had people with very high GPAs/DATs and also some very low GPAs/DATs (like literally, sub-3.0 if you look at the class of 2018 Colorado applicant thread). Many people in the first interview session did not get accepted (which was probably true for many of the interview sessions), so it does not necessarily mean that they choose the first date to interview the best applicants, etc.

There also seemed to be some interview dates that had many more out of state candidates than in-state candidates and vice versa.

So again, if you did not get an interview for September (or even if you did), do not over analyze why you did/didn't.

Colorado also tends to interview well into the spring, and many of my classmates had post-December interviews. In the past, they've only filled half the class by December, so it has differed from some other schools in that regard. Of course, this is all subject to change, but I just wanted to tell you what I gleaned from previous cycles.

Thank you so much for offering all of this information.

On the AADSAS application it asked about family members in the dental field and where they obtained their degrees, etc. My cousin graduated from dental school there in 2012. He was OOS as am I. I know their OOS acceptance is pretty low but do you think Colorado would be more interested in interviewing me knowing I had a family member recently graduate from there?

Thank you so much for offering all of this information.

On the AADSAS application it asked about family members in the dental field and where they obtained their degrees, etc. My cousin graduated from dental school there in 2012. He was OOS as am I. I know their OOS acceptance is pretty low but do you think Colorado would be more interested in interviewing me knowing I had a family member recently graduate from there?

To be honest, I have no idea though, as I did not have any family members even in the dental field. It might not hurt though and it might add another element to your application. Again, I don't know for sure. Maybe it's something you can ask your cousin too? Especially if he/she was active in the school--maybe the name will ring a bell to some of the people reading your application.

I totally agree, also an Idaho resident temporarily living in Northern Colorado! Would LOVE to get into CU :)
Do you think it makes a difference for our application if we apply to CU-Unite or the Rural Track program on our secondary app? I am definitely planning on doing one of the Tracks if I get into CU, but am not certain which one yet.

Do you think it makes a difference for our application if we apply to CU-Unite or the Rural Track program on our secondary app? I am definitely planning on doing one of the Tracks if I get into CU, but am not certain which one yet.
whoops I'm in the dental forum!

Has anyone heard back from Colorado yet?? I am from Illinois, so I know my chances may be slim, but this is one of my top pick schools!

Got an interview invite yesterday! I'm in-state and excited to check out the school!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats! I second that. What days of the week are they interviewing?

Congrats! What are the interview dates/choices looking like?? :)

I think they just sent out invites for September 12. Unfortunately that date didn't work for me so I rescheduled for the 19th. So they are assigning people dates and it sounds like the group of people I will be interviewing with (on the 19th) haven't been notified yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does Colorado send out secondary application with the interview or before?

Does Colorado send out secondary application with the interview or before?

They send out forms with the secondary. It isn't necessarily a secondary though. They have you pay and sign a sheet that asks if you've committed any crimes. A third sheet is sent for you to waive your right to see letters of eval (even though you did this through AADSAS). Then, at least for me, they sent a sheet to basically prove I'm in-state.

Oh ok I'll just have to be patient then haha