***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I haven't heard back anything from CU at all... submitted my app early july. Did you guys receive a confirmation email? Should I call and ask about my status? Im really hoping to get into CU

Members don't see this ad.

CU has been quiet for me as well. Submitted mid July. Received a confirmation that they got my application though.

yea that was the only email i received from them... just stating that was app was received by CU

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been sitting around waiting for an interview invite as well..

For anyone that has already had their interview- for the basic science courses your first 2 years, is it systems based or do they cover each discipline separately? I forgot to ask when I was there last week.

anyone know if pre-Dec interviews are gone?? No word from them and not to say I've given up, but I have gotten interviews at all 5 other schools I applied to (and all in august, sept)... if I were to hear back from those in December I obviously wouldn't shell out the money to take a spring interview if Colorado were to invite later.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who had interview today..how was it?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know if pre-Dec interviews are gone?? No word from them and not to say I've given up, but I have gotten interviews at all 5 other schools I applied to (and all in august, sept)... if I were to hear back from those in December I obviously wouldn't shell out the money to take a spring interview if Colorado were to invite later.
I'm in the same boat as you.. I'm only one state over too. Heard from 5 other schools and have nothing from Colorado but a notification they received my application.

I called the school today and barbara told me that all the pre-December interviews are full. So basically no interviews till after january

Ugh, the wait continues...

Anybody interviewing Oct. 31st? I will be wearing a costume. Hope I'm not the only one.

Anybody interviewing Oct. 31st? I will be wearing a costume. Hope I'm not the only one.

People always say dress for the job that you want. I say you dress up as a dentist.

Reactions: 1 users
Just called them, they said that all fall term interview spots are full. They won't start sending invites again until mid-December and start interviewing until January. There goes hope for this school for if any of us get early December acceptances :(

Just called them, they said that all fall term interview spots are full. They won't start sending invites again until mid-December and start interviewing until January. There goes hope for this school for if any of us get early December acceptances :(
:(

yep, I'm pretty bummed. I've LOVED every other school I've interviewed at, but still I just wish I would've had the chance to check this one out too. And the possibility of living in CO for four years was really appealing...

I walked over and spoke with their coordinator the other day, got the same news, she said don't give up they'll be re-reviewing the apps.

is it true that students from a WICHE state dont have to pay the account student fee on top of tuition? its like $25,000 a eyear

Wiche is confusing and amazing all at once.

Did you apply for WICHE?

I did apply for WICHE and I have yet to hear anything back from them.

im just confused because when I go to their website they list two different tuitions for OOS

Dental DDS$71,184.00
Dental DDS - Accountable Students (resident rate + Accountable Support Fee)
$57,428.00

I don't know how a lot of the numbers work, but I called them (Alaska) and they emailed me the paperwork and I sent it in and received a letter in the mail.

Colorado runs later than many/most schools. Lots of people attending the school interviewed after Jan 1. Hang in there, those who haven't heard back yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Colorado runs later than many/most schools. Lots of people attending the school interviewed after Jan 1. Hang in there, those who haven't heard back yet.

Very true. I was OOS, received my interview late December, interviewed in January and now I'm DS1 :) After Colorado, I received two more interviews in the spring (in February and March). There's still plenty of time.

Reactions: 3 users
I'm still waiting too from a non WICHE state (TX). I know my stats are competitive enough so I'm really wondering the same thing. I know they have about 10% non-residents usually admitted.
I think they accept 60% IS, 20% OOS, 20% WICHE.

I want to say the IS number is a bit higher. They said during my interview that they accept about 50-55 in-state students.
I just double checked the power point handout they gave to us during interview. It says:
"Approximately 1600 applications
200-250 interviews
80 seats
60% Colorado Residents (Sponsored)
20% out-of-state (Non-sponsored) and 20% WICHE students"
But maybe the actual number of students might be different.

1st set of acceptance will be announced on the first week of december

UC School of Dental Medicine Class of 2019,

First of all, I would like to congratulate everyone who receives their admission to dental school today and in the near future. My name is Kyle Diehl and I am a student that deferred from the class of 2018 to the class of 2019. From my experience last year, there are a couple of things the class of 2018 did that greatly helped in getting information out, getting questions answered and providing a platform for everyone to get to know each other a bit before the start of classes next fall. One of which was to start a facebook group allowing newly admitted students to connect to each other as well as upperclassmen who can provide helpful hints and answer questions as they arise. The address to join this group is below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/327321170760928/

Please let me know if you have any questions and again congratulations to everyone!

Regards,

Kyle Diehl

[email protected]

Just got the call, accepted! Last name G

Reactions: 1 users