***The Official COLORADO Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Feeling extremely deflated about not hearing from CU. :cryi::cryi::cryi:

I'm right beside you. Stay strong! It's not over until we say so.
Are you IS? How could my state school do this to me!!! I'm trying to keep hope, but that hope is dwindling. :arghh:

Last edited:
All I want is to be able to ski all through dental school and to know if I can do that right now!!!

Reactions: 2 users
All I want is to be able to ski all through dental school and to know if I can do that right now!!!

Hi, I just wanted to give you guys hope who are still waiting to hear from Colorado. I am IS and a 2nd time applicant who was a 1st round interview my first application cycle & a 2nd round interview with my second application. When I talked with D3 & D4 students during my interview this year, the minimum # of applications to get in between them was 3. So keep working hard and doing your best, your time will come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people still hearing things today or have they about finished notifications?

Man, still twiddling my fingers for CU

Sorry to crush everyone's hope here.....but I just called Barbara and she told me that she has finished calling the candidates. However, she also told me that since Colorado is on rolling admission basis, we might be able to hear back in Feb, or latest March. I am waiting for CU as well.

For everyone still waiting to hear back, keep your head up. I am a third time applicant and this was my second time interviewing with them. As long as you keep improving yourself and are relentless, you will be a dentist! :)

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! I'm in state and got the call from Barbara at around noon today.

has anyone tried joining the fb group? it seems that the class of 2019 fb group has mostly class of 2018 students..

Has anyone received info on the second round of interviews? I believe they are supposed to go out in the middle of December.

Congrats!!
Thanks! I'm really pumped for CU!!! It is my understanding that CU will be doing interviews/rolling admissions until April, and after that they pull a handful of applicants off the wait list until the class starts...I think in August

has anyone tried joining the fb group? it seems that the class of 2019 fb group has mostly class of 2018 students..

The Facebook group is now just students who have been accepted for the class of 2019. At least to say there are no current dental school students in the group. For anyone that has questions they are hoping current students will answer, I can forward posts on to them or you can e-mail them to me and I will forward those on. Hope this ends up being a little less confusing.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about post-Dec interviews?

Me either and I'm starting to freak out!! :barefoot: I was told middle of December for the next round of invitations. Any day now I hope.

Me either and I'm starting to freak out!! :barefoot: I was told middle of December for the next round of invitations. Any day now I hope.
i wouldn't hold your breath, next round of application reviews is in feb and than after that is april.

Yeah I was part of the post December interviews last year and I was notified at the end of January/beginning of February. So there's still time!

It is nerve racking though! I'm hoping to get another one this year!

i wouldn't hold your breath, next round of application reviews is in feb and than after that is april.
I was told by Barbara the admissions coordinator that the next round of interviews would be notified in the middle of December. Where did you get your info?

I was told by Barbara the admissions coordinator that the next round of interviews would be notified in the middle of December. Where did you get your info?
I called her yesterday and she told me mid to the enforcement december, too

I'm pretty sure that the next round of interviews will be offered at the end of December, but they admissions committee will not be meeting until February to discuss candidates/offer admissions.

Does anyone know how many spots are usually left at this time a year?

I spoke with her on monday and she told me there is still a lot of spots available ...and not to be worried

They will send out interview offers late december and early january

Just declined my acceptance here, good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
I got an invitation to interview on December 31st, and will be interviewing in late January. Yay!

I received an interview invitation on 12/30 and the interview is scheduled for early January!