***The Official Columbia Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

The one saying that if you scheduled an interview yesterday or today, you will hear back regarding confirmation today before 5 p.m.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
October 18th here!

I got November 1(my third choice). My two first choices in October must have been full(October 18 was one of them). I hope it's still early enough that they can meet to discuss me before December acceptances. I have other interviews, so I couldn't get an earlier day.

Hmm...I received my "supplemental fee received" email on July 31..still haven't heard a peep. Assuming you're all being honest, and that they have scheduled into November, should I be worried? lol

Hmm...I received my "supplemental fee received" email on July 31..still haven't heard a peep. Assuming you're all being honest, and that they have scheduled into November, should I be worried? lol

I think they sent out a whole bunch of interviews all at one time. I received the "supplemental fee received" email on July 22nd, so maybe you were a bit late for the first round of interview invites, but maybe you'll be invited in the next batch of interviews that they send out.

hey aqz

can you clarify what emails you got for Columbia?

I got a "Received supp. fee" on July 2nd and a "received AADSAS app" on July 16th.

That's all I have gotten.

I am 3rd batch.

hey aqz

I got a "Received supp. fee" on July 2nd and a "received AADSAS app" on July 16th.

I am 3rd batch.

I received the same thing!

hey aqz

I am 3rd batch.

I received the same thing!

Those are the only two emails the school sends out before an interview invite :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey aqz

I am 3rd batch.

Yeah, those were the only emails that I got on top of a confirmation email right after I paid my fee online.

anybody know they have one faculty interview or more than one? group??

Hey guys, I haven't received a Columbia invite yet. I have an oGPA of around 3.5 and a BCP of 3.6 (strong upward trend), DAT 22/22/21. Stellar extracurriculars and research. I got an interview at Penn. Anyone with similar stats get an interview at Columbia? Just tryna see if there's hope.

your DAT is better than mine. My GPA not much better than yours. Numbers wise, you should still have hope. However, numbers don't mean everything. You never know how these things work out. I thought Howard would be my safe school. I haven't heard didly squat from them.

So jealous of you guys :( really hoping for an interview invite soon.

Same, got an interview invite this morning asking for availability going forward from Nov 8th.

could you guys share your experience if you've already had an interview at Columbia?

so curious!

:):):)

I just got my email saying they have my fee and they will be looking at my application shortly. Do you think I still have have a chance at Columbia or am I considered too late? Also, how long did it take for you to get the email about interview?
BCP: 3.48
OGPA: 3.37
AA: 24 TS: 26 PAT: 20

could you guys share your experience if you've already had an interview at Columbia?

so curious!

:):):)

I had my interview today and thought it was a great experience. It was my first interview and definitely NOT what I expected a dental school interview would be like. The environment was very relaxed, the dental students were friendly and open to answer questions about anything, the lunch was fantastic, and I had a good time talking to fellow interviewees.

my dream school.. sigh
is columbia all filled for pre december interviews??

They seem to be awfully quite tho :(
Anyone hear from them recently?

I haven't heard anything from them after they said they received my supplemental fee...I hope it doesn't mean pre-December interviews are over

Where all the October 18th people at?

Got any plans after the interview? Times square, Halal guys, statue of liberty, and all the shopping malls?

Where all the October 18th people at?

Got any plans after the interview? Times square, Halal guys, statue of liberty, and all the shopping malls?

I plan on taking a shot.

Last edited:
Got my first invite today! Post December for Columbia! Big Apple here I come.

Had my interview today. Very conversational and inspiring. From the D1 to the faculty, the people here are all passionate about what they do, and I felt very attracted towards this school and the family that they invite you to be a part of. So as long as you can talk about yourself and get genuinely engaged in what they talk about, I think you'll fit right in.

Congrats on your interview :)
Can you please tell us more about the interview?
the agenda? how many people interviewed you ?

Any unusual questions ??

Thanks ...

Congrats on your interview :)
Can you please tell us more about the interview?
the agenda? how many people interviewed you ?

Any unusual questions ??

Thanks ...

The agenda is more or less the same as every other school. You only have one interview, and again it's very conversational. Lasted 45 minutes for me, but really it could've stopped at 15 minutes because for 30 minutes all we talked about were all the opportunities available at Columbia.

No unusual questions.

those of you who interviewed already, was there a hotel nearby the school? where did you stay?

those of you who interviewed already, was there a hotel nearby the school? where did you stay?

Aloft Harlem. It was clean, they let me check in early, and it gave me what I needed for one night. Plus it was the best deal available at the time. Getting to the school from anywhere near upper manhattan is pretty easy because of the subway. The college of physicians and surgeons building is a 1min walk from the subway stop. good luck:thumbup:

Aloft Harlem. It was clean, they let me check in early, and it gave me what I needed for one night. Plus it was the best deal available at the time. Getting to the school from anywhere near upper manhattan is pretty easy because of the subway. The college of physicians and surgeons building is a 1min walk from the subway stop. good luck:thumbup:

awesome. thank you

Hey everyone. I just got this message in the "Status defined" section from Columbia on AADSAS:

"We have received your application from AADSAS and will review. Please note that you will hear from us if something is missing. We will also contact you via email if a decision is made on your file. If you do not hear from us, you should consider your file still being reviewed."

What does this mean--is it a rejection? Deferral? Nothing? I haven't gotten an interview from them. Has anyone else received this message? Thanks!

I got the same message too. When was your application considered complete there? Mine was around the week of 9/23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the same message too. When was your application considered complete there? Mine was around the week of 9/23

It was officially complete around the end of August (though it says 7/16 on AADSAS...not sure why)

It was officially complete around the end of August (though it says 7/16 on AADSAS...not sure why)

7/16 probably because that is when you first submitted your AADSAS. That was similar for me because my LoR wasn't ready until mid September though I had submitted my AADSAS in July too.

As for the message, maybe it's just an automatic statement that they send everyone who hasn't been extended an interview (whether they intend to reject or not). Someone who is more knowledgable can definitely correct me though.