***The Official Columbia Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Interviewed 9/27. Haven't had a status update yet; no accept, waitlist, or reject. What could be happening?

Members don't see this ad.

Same here. I called admissions and they said we could here anytime this week, but still nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all those who got accepted.
Does anyone who got in mind talking about his or her extracurriculars? I haven't heard back yet and I'm starting to really regret not participating in more of those activities. Also, did everyone do research?
DAT Stats: Bio-23, Chem-26, O-Chem-25, QR- 22, Reading- 20, PAT- 19. AA-23, TS-24.
0GPA-3.72. sGPA- 3.68

Invited for interview.
Offer made: 12/23/13
DAT (AA, TS, QR, PAT, RC): 22, 22, 19, 22, 25
sGPA: 3.95, oGPA: 3.80

Invited for an interview!

GPA : 3.68
DAT: 23 AA/23 TS/20 PAT

Just got a call from Dr. Z. Interviewed mid December.

I got a call yesterday as well! ... and I already sent in my first deposit for NYU last week... :'(

For those of you who have interviewed, do you recommend any hotels to stay in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Columbia wait until the very end to send out rejections? Or are they quick to eliminate students from their applicant pool?

Does Columbia wait until the very end to send out rejections? Or are they quick to eliminate students from their applicant pool?

This is what I want to know as well. My status on AADSAS has remained the same for several months now: "We have received your application from AADSAS and will review. Please note that you will hear from us if something is missing. We will also contact you via email if a decision is made on your file. If you do not hear from us, you should consider your file still being reviewed." :/

This is what I want to know as well. My status on AADSAS has remained the same for several months now: "We have received your application from AADSAS and will review. Please note that you will hear from us if something is missing. We will also contact you via email if a decision is made on your file. If you do not hear from us, you should consider your file still being reviewed." :/

Mine was like that for months too, but they sent me an interview invite by email a couple of days before Christmas. I don't think that status is good or bad. Much better than being rejected!

Mine was like that for months too, but they sent me an interview invite by email a couple of days before Christmas. I don't think that status is good or bad. Much better than being rejected!

very true! I hope that an invite comes my way soon! thanks for replying

are you sure that is the last day?
I contacted the office to schedule and she told me 2/21 would be the last day I can book for the interview. Or she meant that 2/21 is the only day that is open for interviews.. Hope that helps!

Any news from Columbia lately re: acceptances/rejects? Do they do monthly or weekly batches? Interviewed beginning of January.

Any news from Columbia lately re: acceptances/rejects? Do they do monthly or weekly batches? Interviewed beginning of January.
Yes, they are notifying individuals on rejections as well. I received my rejection on Sunday.

Yes, they are notifying individuals on rejections as well. I received my rejection on Sunday.

Is that with or without an interview?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Can someone tell us when will be the deadline of the second deposit ?

I have an interview coming up on 2/14
Any advice besides asking Columbia to be my Valentine? Was the interview laid back?

Any advice besides asking Columbia to be my Valentine? Was the interview laid back?
The interview is super chill. Just know your app well and you'll be set.

Can you please say that when the interviewer asks if you have anything to tell the admissions committee?

I had to cancel my interview on Feb 14 due to the snowstorm and hectic schedule. I wish that they would give me the chance of being interviewed earlier. Anyway, good luck, all other applicants :).

anyone knows when the last interview is and if they are still giving out invites?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone knows when the last interview is and if they are still giving out invites?

I contacted the office to schedule and she told me 2/21 would be the last day I can book for the interview. Or she meant that 2/21 is the only day that is open for interviews.. Hope that helps!

For people who have already interviewed at Columbia and are still waiting on them, did anyone else's status change to "Waitlisted" on the AADSAS portal? For the longest time my status just said "Invited for Interview" and I had my interview back in October.

For people who have already interviewed at Columbia and are still waiting on them, did anyone else's status change to "Waitlisted" on the AADSAS portal? For the longest time my status just said "Invited for Interview" and I had my interview back in October.

Yeah mine changed too, also interviewed back in October

Also waitlisted this afternoon. Interviewed in February.

Rejected. Saw through aadsas portal... Not even an email.

Ohh I am sorry :(
With an interview or without ?

Any news ?

Nothing here. I got put on the wait list a couple weeks ago. I'm curious how large the list is and how quick it moves. I interviewed beginning of Feb and they said there were like 20 seats or something. Then got the waitlist email saying the class was full, yet I haven't seen people posting about acceptances. Hmmm

Nothing here. I got put on the wait list a couple weeks ago. I'm curious how large the list is and how quick it moves. I interviewed beginning of Feb and they said there were like 20 seats or something. Then got the waitlist email saying the class was full, yet I haven't seen people posting about acceptances. Hmmm

Did your waitlist email specifically state the class was full? Mine just said something like, please note this is not a veiled rejection, thank you for the continued interest.

Actually no. After re-reading the e-mail, it doesn't specifically say the class has been filled. It says something like, "we use the wait list to replace individuals who withdraw for unforeseen reasons." I think I was confusing their e-mail with a wait list e-mail from a different school haha.
Did your waitlist email specifically state the class was full? Mine just said something like, please note this is not a veiled rejection, thank you for the continued interest.

Reactions: 1 user
I got an acceptance. Interviewed in September, notified on December 2nd.

Does anyone know what the deadline is to decide between multiple schools you paid deposits to?