***The Official Columbia Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone received "Columbia-received AADSAS application" email in late August and recently got an interview invite? My status on AADSAS says "Received/Under Review" for a month and nothing changed since late August.... no more pre-december interview left?
I never had an email like that, I had one from Columbia about the application fee, and my AADSAS changed to "received/under review", then changed after I got an email invite to "Invited for Interview". Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
laid back interview. Just be your self and relax. Everyone is nice and welcoming.

laid back interview. Just be your self and relax. Everyone is nice and welcoming.
Were you there yesterday? I was there too! The interview day experience was so great! The students seem extremely happy and they give you great food haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Were you there yesterday? I was there too! The interview day experience was so great! The students seem extremely happy and they give you great food haha

Everyone had a huge had an appetite lol. Yeah, the school certainly left an impression me. Seems like a terrific program that really prepares you for the future of dentistry. I was there yesterday.

Last edited:
I am interviewing this Friday. Can you tell me if you interviewed in the morning or afternoon and what time you were finished? I'm trying to figure out if I will make my flight.

You interview directly after breakfast and a super short student presentation. They allow an hour for interviews. You're finished the day by 3 I think. Someone had to leave my interview soon after lunch, not sure if that was looked down upon.

Everyone had a huge had an appetite lol. Yeah, the school certainly left an impression me. Seems like a terrific program that really prepares you for the future of dentistry. I was there yesterday.

That makes 3 of us :) Yeah, I really liked the medical based education and you can't ignore P/F grading...Gosh, why do I have to like every school so far???

hey guys,

i checked my aadsas and it says for columbia: "Invited for Interview."

I am really thrilled since I go to Columbia for undergrad and would love to stay in the city.

I have a couple of questions though.
1) I never got an email regarding the interview and how to schedule it (I checked my spam folder, etc)... it only says on AADSAS that I was invited for an interview on Sep. 23. Any thoughts?
2) How likely is an acceptance if you get an interview? Did they post the interview/acceptance stats on ADEA?

Thanks!

hey guys,

i checked my aadsas and it says for columbia: "Invited for Interview."

I am really thrilled since I go to Columbia for undergrad and would love to stay in the city.

I have a couple of questions though.
1) I never got an email regarding the interview and how to schedule it (I checked my spam folder, etc)... it only says on AADSAS that I was invited for an interview on Sep. 23. Any thoughts?
2) How likely is an acceptance if you get an interview? Did they post the interview/acceptance stats on ADEA?

Thanks!

Seems like something you should call the admissions office about. A couple of us got an email on that same date.

I don't think ADEA has post-interview stats, but there is no doubt that the interview is an important part of the application for any dental school. Just prepare and do as well as you can!

Seems like something you should call the admissions office about. A couple of us got an email on that same date.

I don't think ADEA has post-interview stats, but there is no doubt that the interview is an important part of the application for any dental school. Just prepare and do as well as you can!

ADEA says: in state: 65 interview, 35 accepted.. OOS: 216 interviews 135 accepted.

How was the interview? 1 on 1 with admissions, dental students, or both? Did anyone have trouble finding the dental school?

Does anyone know when would be the next round of interview invite? I checked the last year's thread and it was around early october.... COMMON COLUMBIA!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Relative to others schools, would applying to Columbia at this time with competitive stats (maybe slightly less in some regards) be worth it? It's a school I left out because my overall GPA is slightly below average, but as I've become absorbed by research that I'd like to continue at a school with an infrastructure like Columbia's, I'm more strongly considering submitting an application. Is it still early enough to be worth the cost of applying?

Thanks!

Relative to others schools, would applying to Columbia at this time with competitive stats (maybe slightly less in some regards) be worth it? It's a school I left out because my overall GPA is slightly below average, but as I've become absorbed by research that I'd like to continue at a school with an infrastructure like Columbia's, I'm more strongly considering submitting an application. Is it still early enough to be worth the cost of applying?

Thanks!

If you have your AADSAS app ready and you are interested then you should. GPA is important, but perhaps you can impress them with other aspects of your application.

To answer your last question, Columbia seems to be relatively prompt. I can only speak from experience, but I was fortunate enough to hear back from Columbia pretty quickly and interview dates were available in November. Or maybe I just happened to submit my application before they sent out a wave of interview invites. Don't know but I was surprised with the turnaround.

If you have your AADSAS app ready and you are interested then you should. GPA is important, but perhaps you can impress them with other aspects of your application.

To answer your last question, Columbia seems to be relatively prompt. I can only speak from experience, but I was fortunate enough to hear back from Columbia pretty quickly and interview dates were available in November. Or maybe I just happened to submit my application before they sent out a wave of interview invites. Don't know but I was surprised with the turnaround.
Thank you! This is very helpful.

I've met some of you guys at the interviews and you seem cool. I hope you all choose Columbia when you get admitted. We are a fun bunch and we are very relaxed. Good luck guys!!!

Apparently Columbia invited me to interview on 9/23 but I never received an email from them. I called last week after thinking, "what is going on? why haven't I gotten an email yet?" They said they sent me 2 emails... one on 9/23 and one on 10/1, neither of which I received (I checked my spam/junk mail too). I have the correct email on file for AADSAS and Columbia confirmed the email. Does anyone know what is going on..?

Also, they told me the earliest date to interview was Dec. 5..... This seems pretty late... is this normal?

fuuuuuccckkkkk so no more pre-dec interviews huh? oh well..

Apparently Columbia invited me to interview on 9/23 but I never received an email from them. I called last week after thinking, "what is going on? why haven't I gotten an email yet?" They said they sent me 2 emails... one on 9/23 and one on 10/1, neither of which I received (I checked my spam/junk mail too). I have the correct email on file for AADSAS and Columbia confirmed the email. Does anyone know what is going on..?

Also, they told me the earliest date to interview was Dec. 5..... This seems pretty late... is this normal?

Wow I think I would vomit hearing that news... Gotta be every SDNer's worst nightmare. Congrats on the interview. I'm so curious what caused that. I'm also pretty bummed pre-dec is full :(

Are Calc and Stats a prereq here??? On their website they don't have any Math class; however, in the ADEA guide it says they require 6 Math credits!:shrug::shrug:

Last edited:
For those that interviewed or have scheduled everything for your interview, where did you stay? And if anyone wants to share costs for a hotel tomorrow for interviews on Friday 10/24, PM me because I'm still looking around!

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite. It is officially post-december interview invites now. The earliest date for me was december 5th.

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite. It is officially post-december interview invites now. The earliest date for me was december 5th.
Congrats!! When was your secondary complete?

Columbia doesn't have a secondary.

during the interview at columbia they said each student will have their own chairs in the clinical years, can anyone confirm this becasue I'm not 100% sure?

I interviewed at Columbia back in September, and it is just so nerve-wracking to think that my file is already in a decision pile somewhere in the admissions office...my fate has already been sealed :O

Reactions: 1 users
just got interview invite via email...the earliest date they have is 1/9/2015.

Hi I am just wondering why Columbia hasn't given me any response yet. My Dat was 23 AA/ 22 Pat/ 25 TS / 20 for both rc and qr /and a 3.9 GPA. I have loads of extra curricular activities and a well written personal statement. My application has been completed and sent in mid July. I have been waiting four months so far and no word yet. Does anyone have any explanation why? Growing impatient. Thanks!!!

For those of you who have already had an interview at Columbia, what does your portal say? Mine still says "Invited for Interview" Thanks!

Hi I am just wondering why Columbia hasn't given me any response yet. My Dat was 23 AA/ 22 Pat/ 25 TS / 20 for both rc and qr /and a 3.9 GPA. I have loads of extra curricular activities and a well written personal statement. My application has been completed and sent in mid July. I have been waiting four months so far and no word yet. Does anyone have any explanation why? Growing impatient. Thanks!!!
did you pay the supplemental?

For those of you who have already had an interview at Columbia, what does your portal say? Mine still says "Invited for Interview" Thanks!
same

did you pay the supplemental?

same
Yes I did. I have the receipt to show for it. I am not a fan that i paid about $150 and did not recieve any response while those who scored less on every section of the dat and have lower GPAs have gotten interviews. Come on Columbia dignify me with a response please!

Yes I did. I have the receipt to show for it. I am not a fan that i paid about $150 and did not recieve any response while those who scored less on every section of the dat and have lower GPAs have gotten interviews. Come on Columbia dignify me with a response please!
youve tried calling in im sure?

My portal still says "invited for interview" does anyone else's still say that?

Just got an interview invite via email. Earliest date available is January 23.

so do we need a year of biochem? or just one semester? conflicting things are portrayed in their brochures

just gonna answer some questions here. I know some of you guys are curious about stuff. So somebody asked if every student had a chair during clinic. Yes..this is true. There aren't enough chairs for everybody to be in clinic at the same time, but the way the schedule is made, half of the class is on rotation while the other half is in clinic. You switch every now and then. So you technically have your own chair but not really.

Somebody mentioned that Columbia's P/F system is what attracted them to the school. Columbia doesn't have a true P/F. The system here is P/F/H. To make Honor, you pretty much gotta have a 92 or 85 or 90 depending on the class. Passing is 70 or above.

I know some of you guys are nervous. It's around that time. I remember I was pretty nervous around this time. You guys will do well. Relax. They may have fixed the glitch, but at some point before Monday, your status will change on AADSAS. That's usually a good thing.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone's status changed from invited to interview to check back on december 1st?

nope. is that supposed to be an indicator of an acceptance/rejection?
In last year's thread whoever got an update to "please check back.." Got accepted, but it seems no one's status changed yet this year?