***The Official Columbia Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Yeah just called. If you have not heard back they are still on the fence and you will probably hear back within the month :(

Members don't see this ad.

Acceptance email 5:09 am in CA. Congrats everyone!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the chances of getting accepted if you have an interview? (I am interviewing Dec 19th)

Also does anyone know how long after we interview can we expect a decision?

Thanks!

Accepted yesterday morning around 7 am central time! So incredibly honored but I have a LOT to think about with 3 state schools and Penn...Most likely one of you will get my spot :)

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Woohoo! Probably going to go, but a bit worried about cost. Hopefully will see you guys next year!

Got my acceptance e-mail at 8:09 also!!!! Reading through the google doc they attached - they want 8 credits in biochem? That just doesn't make sense, it seems like too much for undergrad. I took biochem 1 but that was only 3 credits.

Replying to my previous post: they changed the google doc to say Biochem (1 semester), so now it makes sense

so i got a wait list email... im not sure if thats good or bad. Why is it that there are people that haven't heard anything and I got wait listed? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?!?! its my top choice though.....+pity+
btw i interviewed pretty early if that means anything at all

so i got a wait list email... im not sure if thats good or bad. Why is it that there are people that haven't heard anything and I got wait listed? WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?!?! its my top choice though.....+pity+
btw i interviewed pretty early if that means anything at all

when did you get that email?

weird, i interviewed back in septemebr, no rejection, acceptance, or waitlist email...

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think waitlist is better than no news because admissions decided to give you a spot if people decline.

I got an email a couple weeks ago for an interview invite!! (my application stuff was finalized around late August/early September) I scheduled first available interview they gave me, Jan 23rd. This would really be my top choice.. what do you think chances are of getting a seat?!

GPA and DAT high

I got an email a couple weeks ago for an interview invite!! (my application stuff was finalized around late August/early September) I scheduled first available interview they gave me, Jan 23rd. This would really be my top choice.. what do you think chances are of getting a seat?!

GPA and DAT high
DAT is the major factor.
interview is just to test if you have basic social functioning + potential to advance the school in Dentistry: which a high DAT is indicative of.

I submitted my application back in July. DAT was sent in August, but never heard anything from them......Is there still an opportunity to get an interview?

I submitted my application back in July. DAT was sent in August, but never heard anything from them......Is there still an opportunity to get an interview?
wow something must be wrong in your case..

Spam folder? Some of my dental school emails went to spam.

anyone hear back yet who didn't hear anything on December 1st? Still waiting

Declining Columbia, so Merry Christmas to whoever gets my spot! :)

Reactions: 1 users
@dentstudent79 not true at all, I called today about financial aid and I was told to call back Monday because the admissions office was doing interviews...

nice try though

Reactions: 4 users
No. Interviews ended in December this year. Last year they went into January, but they changed it this year.

I had my interview yesterday and they said they are interviewing through February. I believe they do it every Friday every week til end of Feb

I had my interview yesterday and they said they are interviewing through February. I believe they do it every Friday every week til end of Feb

Did they happen to tell you when they will send the next batch of offers?

Just wondering, has anyone who interviewed pre-dec and didn't hear back on Dec 1 heard anything from Columbia yet?

Just wondering, has anyone who interviewed pre-dec and didn't hear back on Dec 1 heard anything from Columbia yet?

wondering the same thing, haven't heard anything yet either

Hey guys so I called admissions and they said they just made final decisions for another round of offers but they will not be notifying anyone till the end of the week. Hopefully we hear some good news :)

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys so I called admissions and they said they just made final decisions for another round of offers but they will not be notifying anyone till the end of the week. Hopefully we hear some good news :)
I had an interview on jan 9th. So does that mean I'm counted in this new batch and a decision has already been made?

I had an interview on jan 9th. So does that mean I'm counted in this new batch and a decision has already been made?
I'm not sure :/ when I asked, I told them I interviewed pre-dec. But it does not mean you won't hear back too. I would just call to find out because I have heard of certain schools getting back really quickly but others will not give you an answer for at least 2 weeks.

Congrats! When did you interview?

I interviewed back in September. My status on AADSAS has been "invited for interview" since then so I was never notified of being waitlisted.

Dear those who have been accepted, mind posting your stats? (Esp. DAT scores)

Has anyone who interviewed after Dec 1st heard back yet ?