***The Official Columbia Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

d

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed on December 18th and I received my acceptance on the 14th. I am about to send in my deposit.

Congrats! Did you happen to email or call them at all after you interviewed to ask any questions or check on your status?

I interviewed on 12/12 and placed on their alternate list on 1/14.
Hey, did you happen to email or call them at all after you interviewed to ask any questions or check on your status?

Members don't see this ad :)
not necessarily...my average DAT was below the average(21AA/21TS). My GPA was a bit higher than the average though. I think Columbia is one of those places that if you are lacking a bit in DAT, if you can make it up with great EC's, you will be alright. I think that's what saved me.
What sort of EC's were you involved in? What leadership skills did you put on your app?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Any updates for anyone placed on the alternate list? Currently on the limbo here

Turned down Columbia for UCLA. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
Have any acceptances for January interviews gone out yet?

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't heard about the school. But I have received 3 emails on 3 different dates that regarding my receipt for the supp app fee. I'm confused!!! they don't tell anything about my status or if the class is full or not.
does anyone know if the class is full or not? is there any hope?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard about the school. But I have received 3 emails on 3 different dates that regarding my receipt for the supp app fee. I'm confused!!! they don't tell anything about my status or if the class is full or not.
does anyone know if the class is full or not? is there any hope?

I don't think the class is full (at least I hope it isn't because I'm still waiting to hear back). But I'm pretty sure the last interview date is either next Friday or the Friday after that. So if you haven't received an interview invite, it seems doubtful that you will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I don't think the class is full (at least I hope it isn't because I'm still waiting to hear back). But I'm pretty sure the last interview date is either next Friday or the Friday after that. So if you haven't received an interview invite, it seems doubtful that you will. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

No, it's okay. I was thinking the same thing because when I called them today, she said they only interview till end of Feb. So I think I don't have any chance.
I believe my DAT was not very competitive. I had AA 22/ RC 21/ PAT 19 but my gpa is 4.0 :( maybe I have to try next year

No, it's okay. I was thinking the same thing because when I called them today, she said they only interview till end of Feb. So I think I don't have any chance.
I believe my DAT was not very competitive. I had AA 22/ RC 21/ PAT 19 but my gpa is 4.0 :( maybe I have to try next year

Dental admissions can be a very mysterious thing. I definitely didn't expect to hear back from Columbia, and other schools I thought I was a shoo-in for completely ignored me. It sucks when you have your heart set on a specific school, but I can't imagine you not getting at least one acceptance with stats like those. Good luck!

Has anyone else that had a post-dec interview heard back from columbia recently??

hey everyone, sorry to be posting so late, but completely forgot about SDN! interviewed mid jan and got an acceptance beginning of feb.
look forward to meeting you all :)

hey everyone, sorry to be posting so late, but completely forgot about SDN! interviewed mid jan and got an acceptance beginning of feb.
look forward to meeting you all :)

Congrats!!:thumbup:
Could you share the details like the exact dates and how you were notified? Thanks!!

I called the admissions office today. They told me that the class is full now, so they have sent rejection e-mails today to anyone who had no interviews :(

Yep yep! Got a rejection email this morning.

Anyone who had a late january interview heard anything regarding waitlist / rejection yet?

dont worry, you have great scores. you'll land somewhere great (maybe better :eek:)

Thanks Fox, I'm actually not too upset cause I got into my first choice in the end :D Dreams do come true!!

Interviewed on January 30th and havent heard anything. Does anyone know when I should expect to hear/has anyone heard?

Anyone who had a late january interview heard anything regarding waitlist / rejection yet?

Ive been waiting since mid December. Still no news at all. I called a while ago and they said they weren't sure when they were going to be sending out decisions. A few weeks later (this past Friday) sent them an E-mail but they never responded. Let me know if you hear anything!

Ive been waiting since mid December. Still no news at all. I called a while ago and they said they weren't sure when they were going to be sending out decisions. A few weeks later (this past Friday) sent them an E-mail but they never responded. Let me know if you hear anything!
its a stats-heavy school, i'm sure you got in gras10

Just got my acceptance email!
Interview date: Jan 23

Just got waitlisted; I interviewed in December.

Does anyone know how quickly the waitlist will move or if the class is actually full??

just got accepted!!
interviewed on jan 9.

Just got waitlisted; I interviewed in December.

Does anyone know how quickly the waitlist will move or if the class is actually full??

I remember reading the Columbia acceptance class of 2017 thread and somebody there said they've called and asked how big the waitlist was and was told that there were about 100 people on it o_O

Don't know how true it is for this year tho. Might be less. I would call and ask

I have a question for people who have begun the matriculation process:
Does Columbia require any sort of Dean's Certification from the school? My prehealth dean is a bit wonky, so I just want to make sure I have ample time if necessary

My friend and I want to live with each other, and he is going to be attending TouroCOM on 125th street(ish). Since Columbia's D School is on 168th Street and the Subway system connects pretty well to both our schools, we were thinking that living really anywhere in between 125-170th street would be cool.

Some people have told me that the subway system isn't all that great and you'd be better off living separately and closer to your schools.

What do you guys think?

My friend and I want to live with each other, and he is going to be attending TouroCOM on 125th street(ish). Since Columbia's D School is on 168th Street and the Subway system connects pretty well to both our schools, we were thinking that living really anywhere in between 125-170th street would be cool.

Some people have told me that the subway system isn't all that great and you'd be better off living separately and closer to your schools.

What do you guys think?

It's definitely doable. Columbia and Touro are both close to the 168th st. and 125th st. stops on the A train, respectively. If you can find a nice apartment in the area you mentioned, your commute should be no more than 20 minutes (assuming you can find a place near an A train station). The subway runs 24/7/365 and is, for the most part, very reliable.

It's definitely doable. Columbia and Touro are both close to the 168th st. and 125th st. stops on the A train, respectively. If you can find a nice apartment in the area you mentioned, your commute should be no more than 20 minutes (assuming you can find a place near an A train station). The subway runs 24/7/365 and is, for the most part, very reliable.
exactly the post i was looking for.

Hey Guys! I currently attend NYU, Class of 2018 and am trying to raise money for Oral Cancer.

As you may know oral cancer has been on the rise for the 9th year in a row and is the largest group of those cancers which fall into the head and neck cancer category. Therefore I am going to do everything I can to make sure this cancer gains proper awareness and research, but I can only do so much by myself.

I am asking you to click the link below and please donate what you can. This might sound cliche but EVERY penny does count.

Donate For Oral Cancer

We never met before but I hope that a couple years from now we can all look back together and realize that we made a difference in the fight against oral cancer.

I appreciate your donation and would be ecstatic if you wished to join us in the walk. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

'

Last edited: