****The Official Columbia Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

I sent 2 science, 1 research and they didnt accept it. Luckily, I was able to get another science prof to write one up.

Members don't see this ad.

So, is it confirmed that Columbia is done with pre-december interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a really good time here, they really know how to make you feel comfortable/wanted. Also for those who didn't know, they are starting renovations on the clinic right now! So by the time we get to clinic we will have a brand spanking new one!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Columbia needs to show me some love.

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone have any recommendations where to stay? i'll be there for 3 nights and the price tag of new york city hotels is daunting

Members don't see this ad :)
especially in regards to any airbnb you guys might've stayed at or hotels you might've received a columbia discount at

Last edited:
does anyone have any recommendations where to stay? i'll be there for 3 nights and the price tag of new york city hotels is daunting

I stayed at the Holliday Inn across the GWB bridge in Fort Lee, NJ. Was SOOOO much cheaper and drive isn't bad at all, although traffic in the morning on the bridge was a little crazy and the toll is $15 (only in one direction.)

Reactions: 1 users
especially in regards to any airbnb you guys might've stayed at or hotels you might've received a columbia discount at

You can also ask to try to stay with a current student. I've been getting emails every once and a while asking for current students to volunteer to host.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I found an airbnb thats right by the school that fit my criteria of what I was looking for perfectly. Thanks for the responses!

Just received my invite yesterday- still kind of in shock bc DREAM SCHOOL. Any suggestions on where to stay??

I just got an interview yesterday morning as well!
App complete super early.
GPA: 3.7
DAT AA 23 / TS 22

How far was the drive in the morning, Uber I presume also? I don't want to be super late because of traffic or a Godzilla attack destroying the roads

It's right across the GWB, I left at like 7 or so and was over an hour early so just went to some bagel place across the street. You'll be good, only down side is the $15 toll across the bridge.

I also recently received an interview invite. Very excited! Good luck everyone!

It's right across the GWB, I left at like 7 or so and was over an hour early so just went to some bagel place across the street. You'll be good, only down side is the $15 toll across the bridge.

Haha cool, my friend is coming with me on the trip so I'll bring him with me and have a bagel in your honor before walking in. Just booked the Holiday inn, Thanks for the suggestion!

Haha cool, my friend is coming with me on the trip so I'll bring him with me and have a bagel in your honor before walking in. Just booked the Holiday inn, Thanks for the suggestion!

Awesome! I would still leave early but you'll have plenty of time. Good luck!

They have a pretty full breakfast for you when you get there as well. No need for a bagel unless you really wanted to. They have bagels, danishes, fruit, coffee, OJ and some other stuff while everyone trickles in. Up to you though

They have a pretty full breakfast for you when you get there as well. No need for a bagel unless you really wanted to. They have bagels, danishes, fruit, coffee, OJ and some other stuff while everyone trickles in. Up to you though

This is true, I wanted to make sure to try a local place though since everyone talks about the bagels in NYC.

Does anyone know where to look online (e.g. on SDN) for where to get more info on Columbia's interview process? Maybe practice questions? Thanks!

Does anyone know where to look online (e.g. on SDN) for where to get more info on Columbia's interview process? Maybe practice questions? Thanks!

Go to the interview feedback section- lots of great info there!

My application has been 'under review' since 6/30/16 for Columbia. Is that how it's been for everyone? I have decent stats and I really would like an interview. Do you think admissions is still looking at my app or has forgotten about it?

My application has been 'under review' since 6/30/16 for Columbia. Is that how it's been for everyone? I have decent stats and I really would like an interview. Do you think admissions is still looking at my app or has forgotten about it?
I have been invited for an interview and it has changed to "Invited for Interview", so I'd assume they're pretty updated with that stuff. I honestly think they're just simply still looking at your app. Don't worry just yet, it's not too late. I would say if you're really freaked out about it maybe shoot them an email/call, but I get the sense that dental schools don't like applicants that do that too much...

I have been invited for an interview and it has changed to "Invited for Interview", so I'd assume they're pretty updated with that stuff. I honestly think they're just simply still looking at your app. Don't worry just yet, it's not too late. I would say if you're really freaked out about it maybe shoot them an email/call, but I get the sense that dental schools don't like applicants that do that too much...

Yea it's really weird that they really dislike applicants that do that. But I guess I am just concerned that they've been 'reviewing' my application for four months. I might wait a week or so then give them a call.

To those that interviewed already, how was it? i've got mine next week and i'm pretty excited!

To those that interviewed already, how was it? i've got mine next week and i'm pretty excited!

Have plenty of room in your tummy for awesome food. That's all I'm saying.

Best interview I've been on. They do a great job at showing off the school and they make you feel very welcomed. Super casual one on one interview early in the day and great tours after. Good luck!

Best interview I've been on. They do a great job at showing off the school and they make you feel very welcomed. Super casual one on one interview early in the day and great tours after. Good luck!
I'm very much looking forward to it but am a bit intimidated by the interview. It's gonna be my second one so I'd say I have a lack of experience has me concerned. My first one was at BU and was super relaxed though !

I'm very much looking forward to it but am a bit intimidated by the interview. It's gonna be my second one so I'd say I have a lack of experience has me concerned. My first one was at BU and was super relaxed though !
It was my first one back in October and I felt extremely comfortable. They really make you feel at home, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just have fun with it and enjoy it!

Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone knows how many interviews Columbia tends to give post December. I'm losing hope here :(

Hey guys, I'm curious if anyone knows how many interviews Columbia tends to give post December. I'm losing hope here :(
If anything you have a better chance of getting a post december interview here compared to other schools. Many people drop their spot at Columbia after finding out about their state schools

Ok so for us interviewing post Dec 1st... will we hear back soon after our interview regarding our decision? I interview 12/16 and I'm wondering if they'll offer a decision before the 30-day deposit deadline?

Ok so for us interviewing post Dec 1st... will we hear back soon after our interview regarding our decision? I interview 12/16 and I'm wondering if they'll offer a decision before the 30-day deposit deadline?
I interview the same day. I've heard we will hear a decision within a week but not sure 100%

We had some fun filming a Mannequin Challenge yesterday in preclinic! Good luck to all those eagerly waiting for Dec 1st!

Reactions: 6 users
We had some fun filming a Mannequin Challenge yesterday in preclinic! Good luck to all those eagerly waiting for Dec 1st!

HA! Nice!!

Here's the one made by MWU-AZ on Nov. 10: