****The Official Creighton University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Feels so great to be in! Amazing clinical school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any one else get an email from Creighton? If so, what time did it come? I'm really hoping for one!

I'm IN!! Feels so good!!! E-mail at 6:36 this morning and aadsas changed to "offer made"!

Got in to the RDEP! 3rd acceptance, first choice! See you all in a year and a half!

Recieved an offer from Creighton this morning!!! So stoked!

me too! But without an interview? Didn't know this was possible? Can someone confirm the possibility of an offer without interview? I'm freakin out!

Haha that would be awesome?! I have never heard of that but I guess it is possible. Is it for the RDEP program or just Creighton in general?

Just got the acceptance email this morning but the odd thing is I haven't interviewed or been invited to one. Is this possible? OMG!

Members don't see this ad :)
It is for Utah and Idaho residents as well I believe. There are 10 spots. We would do our first year with the University of Utah med students and then go out to Omaha for the remaining 3 years.

Haha that would be awesome?! I have never heard of that but I guess it is possible. Is it for the RDEP program or just Creighton in general?

Nope just general Creighton :D
Best email I've ever gotten!

I'm so excited to meet all off you!

Who is making the official class of 2016 facebook page?

Received an email from Dr. Norton this early morning (around 830) notifying me of my acceptance.

When I toured, I spoke with current students who had said they were accepted without and interview, so this school does operate in that fashion.

Still, I interviewed at the end of September.

Received an email from Dr. Norton this early morning (around 830) notifying me of my acceptance.

When I toured, I spoke with current students who had said they were accepted without and interview, so this school does operate in that fashion.

Still, I interviewed at the end of September.

I interviewed in Utah so I did not get to tour the campus. What did you think? Compared to other schools you toured?

I interviewed in Utah so I did not get to tour the campus. What did you think? Compared to other schools you toured?

It was a smaller campus and pretty urban actually. Brick buildings. The medical center is a short walk from the main campus and looked huge. The clinic and facilities aren't anything fancy but that has nothing to do with becoming a great dentist! If I don't get accepted to my state school then I will be absolutely thrilled to be classmates with you guys! I like this place quite a bit. Congrats to everyone that got in. For those that didn't, I'm pretty sure there will be another round of acceptances going out in early January.

Hey guys, congrats on getting accepted! I am a D1 in the RDEP Program in Utah. If any of you RDEP guys (or anyone else) have any questions about the program let me know, and I am happy to respond. Congrats on the toughest part of dental school!

Hey guys, congrats on getting accepted! I am a D1 in the RDEP Program in Utah. If any of you RDEP guys (or anyone else) have any questions about the program let me know, and I am happy to respond. Congrats on the toughest part of dental school!

Thanks! I'm just curious how much free time you have during the week, and what your toughest class has been so far?

Thanks! I'm just curious how much free time you have during the week, and what your toughest class has been so far?

We actually usually have Fridays off completely, and a lot of Thursday afternoons. The toughest class for me personally has been physiology (and for several other students). However, we don't take a ton of physiology this semester because we have a big physiology class in the spring (which actually combines our grade in phys from this semester).

I wouldn't say that any class is particularly difficult, but since there are a bunch of classes with a bunch of material that you are required to know, it makes school difficult. The classes aren't any harder than undergrad, just a higher pace and volume of material to know.

The class I dislike the most is cadaver lab, but some people do like it, I just don't enjoy dissection at all.

Hopefully you could answer some more questions?
1. Where have you chosen to live, in the area? What do decent/nice apartments usually run?
2. Are you involved with/know of any tutition reimbursement programs offered to the program?

I am an undergrad at Creighton and just got my acceptance letter a week ago.. Pretty excited about it.. As far as areas for living, downtown is pretty nice, but kind of expensive. I would suggest not living directly close to Creighton. It is kind of a sketchy, unsafe part of town. Dundee is an area where a lot of Creighton kids live. Its a young, hip part of town with some bars and restaurants. Hope this helps. Congrats guys!

Sent in my first deposit early this week. So excited! Finals week is 20x harder this semester.

Hey does anyone know the dress code? Is it scrubs?

I was told business casual, dress shoes, and you just wear a coat in lab/clinic. No scrubs. I could be wrong though. Ooooh I want to go to Creighton, I'm still hoping for acceptance!

Sent in my first deposit early this week. So excited! Finals week is 20x harder this semester.

Hey does anyone know the dress code? Is it scrubs?

For RDEP's first year, it's just regular street clothes. At Creighton, it's a shirt and tie for men, and nice business dress for women.

I have been accepted into Creighton class of 2016. I am wondering if there are any female students looking to rent part of a house that I am looking into buying in Omaha. I was thinking a 3-4 bedroom house. If there is anyone interested, please email me.... [email protected] Thanks!

Does anyone know when they will be asking for the second deposit? Just curious.

Was there a second wave of acceptances? Its usually in early January, I'm surprised nobodies posted anything.

Congrats crg3756! Maybe more offers will go out after the Feb 15 application deadline?

Can anyone PM me the letter they sent us about the vaccinations/immunizations? I seem to have misplaced mine. Thanks in advance!

Is there any word on when more acceptances are being sent out? I've been checking obsessively since 2.15...

As of last week, their class is full.

They have not yet compiled an alternate/waitlist yet.

Just got an email to be considered for alternate list.

I just got the same email. I don't plan on getting on the waitlist though, I"ll be going to Tufts instead. Good luck to any who's waiting!

I was accepted to my state school so if everything checks out and my seat is secured (which it should), a spot will be opening at Creighton when they request their second deposits.

Just withdrew my acceptance so there is now a seat open. Good luck waitlisters!

Thanks Tim! I'm glad a seat is now open for one of us and you are going to the school you want.

Do you know when the next (2nd?) deposit is?

Thanks Tim! I'm glad a seat is now open for one of us and you are going to the school you want.

Do you know when the next (2nd?) deposit is?

2nd deposit is due when all the final paperwork is turned in - shot records, etc..so it appears that there isn't a set date. Many people in the Facebook group haven't paid their second deposits yet.

Interesting.

So since there isn't a 2nd deposit deadline, I'd imagine that the only requirement is that it must be paid prior to matriculation. I guess that means there is no way to guess when alternate students will hear back. That is unfortunate. Creighton University doesn't have much movement on the alternate from previous years anyway.

All we can do is wait. :xf:

Can one of you that was accepted comment on whether you actually needed a non-science LOR like the Creighton site specifies? I'm a prospective applicant for next summer and really want to apply to Creighton, but this seems to be the only school that requires (and not just recommends) a non-science LOR. Or is it not as necessary as the site indicates? I'll send an email or call to ask them, but I figured that before doing that, someone who was actually accepted could give me the most accurate information from experience.

Can one of you that was accepted comment on whether you actually needed a non-science LOR like the Creighton site specifies? I'm a prospective applicant for next summer and really want to apply to Creighton, but this seems to be the only school that requires (and not just recommends) a non-science LOR. Or is it not as necessary as the site indicates? I'll send an email or call to ask them, but I figured that before doing that, someone who was actually accepted could give me the most accurate information from experience.

Hi OMS,

I had the same question, I emailed their admissions office and got this response:

The letter from the employer would substitute for the faculty non-science letter.

Hope it helps! Good luck this cycle!