****The Official ECU Class of 2018 Thread****

Invite email this morning!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if when under review they actually look back over your app or keep you in mind.

Anyone know if when under review they actually look back over your app or keep you in mind.

I would assume they would, even more so than other schools--they really don't have a large applicant pool since they only accept NC residents.

I just had an interview at ECU on jan 8th, and Mr. Lowery said the earliest would be around early Feb for us (our group) to hear back, but now I am very confused and nervous and stressed... since people did receive calls already right after the 8th. My status on AADSAS still says "invited for interview" and I haven't received a continuing review email either. Does that mean my application has already been reviewed by the ad com this most recent round but I did not get accepted, or is it possible that the committee still hasn't reviewed the students that they recently interviewed?

I just had an interview at ECU on jan 8th, and Mr. Lowery said the earliest would be around early Feb for us (our group) to hear back, but now I am very confused and nervous and stressed... since people did receive calls already right after the 8th. My status on AADSAS still says "invited for interview" and I haven't received a continuing review email either. Does that mean my application has already been reviewed by the ad com this most recent round but I did not get accepted, or is it possible that the committee still hasn't reviewed the students that they recently interviewed?

I wouldn't be concerned. If I understand correctly, those people who are getting acceptance calls interviewed quite some time before the 8th. Your interview just happened--they probably haven't met to discuss acceptances yet and won't do so until late January. This is why Mr. Lowery said it would be February before hearing anything. Alternatively, are you saying that people from your interview group are already getting calls? If they are, that might be a cause for concern, but I doubt that is the case.

Probably except for when the convene to make final decisions, I think ECU deals with reviewing applications sort of on an "I have time for this right now" basis. I may be totally wrong, but the reason I think this is because Dr. Wilson sent out lots of invites at 8-10 PM earlier in the cycle. I just got the feeling that she was reviewing them when she got home from work. Like I said, though, this is just speculation! Either way, ECU has a lot going on--especially with being a new school--and giving it a month before hearing anything is pretty standard. :)

I wouldn't be concerned. If I understand correctly, those people who are getting acceptance calls interviewed quite some time before the 8th. Your interview just happened--they probably haven't met to discuss acceptances yet and won't do so until late January. This is why Mr. Lowery said it would be February before hearing anything. Alternatively, are you saying that people from your interview group are already getting calls? If they are, that might be a cause for concern, but I doubt that is the case.

Probably except for when the convene to make final decisions, I think ECU deals with reviewing applications sort of on an "I have time for this right now" basis. I may be totally wrong, but the reason I think this is because Dr. Wilson sent out lots of invites at 8-10 PM earlier in the cycle. I just got the feeling that she was reviewing them when she got home from work. Like I said, though, this is just speculation! Either way, ECU has a lot going on--especially with being a new school--and giving it a month before hearing anything is pretty standard. :)

Hello i got interviewed on Dec 3rd and my status not changed yet and it still said "invite for interview" and i called them last week to know the updates and they said that they start replying in the mid of Jan. Does any who got pre dec interview got call from ecu dental school

No interviewed before dec just
Got the continuing and haven't heard anything since besides an email from lowery.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if people are added to the Facebook group that haven't yet been accepted?

Hey I had heard from someone who recently interviewed at ECU that they will be offering another specialty residency in the future aside from pediatric dentistry, like oral surgery, prosth, or perio. Can anyone confirm? Just curious. Thanks!

Does anyone know if people are added to the Facebook group that haven't yet been accepted?

Probably not... I don't think people would add themselves if they weren't accepted yet; however, I know atleast 2 of them already go there and are in their 2nd year.

My guess is probably. It's like that in the UNC group, at least.
Just wondering if anyone is added to the group currently that hasn't been accepted yet since there are only 25 members total. Has anyone heard any news lately??

Hey I had heard from someone who recently interviewed at ECU that they will be offering another specialty residency in the future aside from pediatric dentistry, like oral surgery, prosth, or perio. Can anyone confirm? Just curious. Thanks!

I can't truly confirm, but I *think* they were talking about doing some ortho work along with peds. Not sure if they're planning to offer specialty training in it, though!

So, from the looks of this thread, ECU still hasn't had any waitlist movement... or am I wrong? Wow! I guess it's because they're still interviewing.

Looks like the interview scheduled for 1/29 is going to be postponed :(

I have an interview tomorrow, too, and I'm guessing it will be postponed. I've been told classes for today are canceled after 2pm. I'm still going to drive that direction and hope I don't hit any big piles of snow. I'm really hoping they don't cancel!

Wednesday classes are cancelled which means no dental interview. I would expect a phone call today from Ecu SoDM. Check your schedules to see when you can reschedule your interview! It's my assumption that they won't offer any more interviews until this group has interviewed to maintain fairness of admission. Good luck to you all!

Those of you who have an interview scheduled for tomorrow... Don't stress too much. One yr I interviewed at ECU and there was an ice storm and classes were in a 2 hr delay. They made it very clear that the disruption wouldn't adversely affect their decision, in fact they may remember you more after having gone through the craziness. So just go with the flow folks :) Good luck!

Edited-I like to jump into a thread and post before I know where I actually am. My bad guys, good luck!!!

Last edited:
Wow-accepted into ECU-class of 2018. Appreciative, humbled and excited! Non traditional-post Bach.
Did you just get the call? Congrats, either way!

I had to reschedule the interview that I was supposed to have today, for Feb 12th. From reading the 2017 thread, that seems like the last possible day to interview, but I guess we will see.

Wow-accepted into ECU-class of 2018. Appreciative, humbled and excited! Non traditional-post Bach.

But you got into med school? Or did you mean to post this in the med forum?

Ecu brody-my search landed me in the wrong spot.

Last edited:
No-the call was not made today...I would assume with the inclement weather, they have a lot more to worry about

I have been accepted into the three schools I interviewed with (Campbell and VCOM-cc are the other two) and I've canceled all of the others. All have their strengths, but it all started with Brody-this was the school that answered all of my stupid first questions, lol
Brody is ECU's med school. This is the dental school forum ;)

Brody is ECU's med school. This is the dental school forum ;)
Looks like I'm going for a dual degree so that I don't look like a complete ass-that way I can come back and say yeah-I meant to do that. Haha...good luck everyone!

If you did get into dental school, you'd have to work a whole lot harder than any med. school student to keep up the first 2 years. :p

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like I'm going for a dual degree so that I don't look like a complete ass-that way I can come back and say yeah-I meant to do that. Haha...good luck everyone!

Haha good luck to you! And congrats!

Did you just get the call? Congrats, either way!

I had to reschedule the interview that I was supposed to have today, for Feb 12th. From reading the 2017 thread, that seems like the last possible day to interview, but I guess we will see.

I was told that the interview was scheduled for Feb 11th not the 12th but I may be wrong....

I was the last person they were able to reach by phone to reschedule for interviews that were supposed to happen today. Actually, after I said that above, I remembered they gave me the option of Wednesday Feb. 12th, or Tuesday Feb 18th, if I recall correctly.

That means they may be sending out more invites soon to fill that Tuesday and beyond.

I got offered a spot in the ECU Class of 2018 last night, very honored to say the least, good luck to everyone else and please let me know if anyone has any questions.

You got an email, I guess? Does ECU do admissions offers over the phone. Either way, congrats!

Got a rejection letter from ECU today. Its a shame my alma mater didn't even give me an interview. Oh well, I'll be attending VCU though

Got an invite yesterday from Dr. Wilson! So excited and feel so blessed! I definitely don't deserve this, the whole process has been in God's hands!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats yall-- when did you guys interview?

Turned down an interview, hopefully someone else can take my spot, I let them know last week. Good luck y'all!