The official "explain your username" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My call sign from my combat medic days. Green (platoon) blade (medic)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
My username is the nickname of a famous golfer named Ben Hogan. Dude was pretty cool.

Reactions: 2 users
BECASUE I'M A GUNNER AND I'M CRUSH ALL YOU MOTHER****ERS!!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My name is pretty self-explanatory. In fact, it is the UNIVERSAL RULE OF LIFE AT SOME POINT.

I was making an account in a hurry to ask a random question about AMCAS or something. Tried to make a name that started 'sdn', realized the system wouldn't let me because it would look like I was affiliated with the site, cut out the 'd' and strung some numbers after it. Never expected to post again once my AMCAS was submitted.

1200 posts later I'm still here with a random-ass username.

Reactions: 1 users
Idk. I like brain related stuff. I might change it if I become a donor. Perhaps to something everyone will like such as "RadsOncPremed4lyf" or "dermorbust".

Last edited by a moderator:
BrokePreMed because I'm broke and pre-med

Members don't see this ad :)
tekkers = technique, controlling a soccer ball

I feel I have amazing technique, and soccer is fun.

My name is pretty obvious... I like to run, I'm a girl, and 6 is my lucky number

Would post the video but it's slightly inappropriate for SDN sensibilities. Youtube "Wonton Soup" by Lil B :whistle:

"Cyaneidae is a family of true jellyfish. There are about 20 species in this family, including the well-known lion's mane jellyfish." - wikipedia

I love marine biology and find jellyfish fascinating (plus I enjoy unique usernames that don't need numbers and can't be guessed easily).

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1389755951.533259.jpg

My last name + my future degree.

Zelda is my girlfriend's cat. she was laying on my lap when I registered.

Taken from one of the praises on the back of my copy of Everything is Illuminated -- it was sitting on my desk at the time.

It's my wife's name and the year I was born

Just kidding. I'm just trying to sound more interesting. It's my name and the year I was born.

Last edited:
assassins creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations

not a big fan of revelations and brotherhood felt short

Sagan is a hero of mine, as a human and as a scientist. I am also a vegan.

I was in a band, called 303- maybe you heard of them.

No actually it's my MCAT breakdown.

"Cyaneidae is a family of true jellyfish. There are about 20 species in this family, including the well-known lion's mane jellyfish." - wikipedia

I love marine biology and find jellyfish fascinating (plus I enjoy unique usernames that don't need numbers and can't be guessed easily).

View attachment 177643

Is it weird that I occasionally read your name as cyanide?

I was watching the movie V for Vendetta when I made my username. Lol Good movie.

I have a dog named spanky and a cat named buckwheat so... there's that

Reactions: 1 users
This thread has been closed. This is a forum for information about the medical school application process, and issues that pertain to it. For social conversations, feel free to join in the discussion in the Class of XXXX threads, or in the lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.