***The Official Georgia HSU Class of 2017 Acceptance Thread***

dentaldawgs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Really hoping for some good news! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys still have 'Invited for Interview' as your aadsas status? I'm wondering if they are going to update it if a decision is made in December.

Okay peeps, we only have a couple of days until Dec 3. Do any of you guys have anything different than 'Invited for Interview' on your aadsas portal? I have heard that other schools change their applicants' status to 'Check back Dec 3,' 'blank' or 'Under Review.'

Any replies regarding such info would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Mine still said 'Invited for Interview'

Anyone else?

I've heard rumors that some people will be notified on Monday of acceptance.

I got the last possible interview date, 12/3, I believe. Does anyone know what generally results with the last group of interviewees? I keep thinking they've already filled up the class, and the last group is just vying, for perhaps, that very last spot :(.

I think this year they interview until January. I've heard that a couple of people have Jan 10-11 interview.

Don't know if this true but they might email acceptance notification! I hope so!!!!!

Anybody have 'Check back Dec 3' message on their aadsas? I heard for some school it might mean acceptance.

Anyone have their status on ADEA changed? I think some schools are changing them to let people know.

No change at all. I'm getting nervous. People aadsas mobile portal are changing at other schools. Hopefully GHSU is just waiting for Monday.

In my mobile app, it went from 'Invited for Interview' to 'Blank.' Dont know what that means. Anybody else?

Members don't see this ad :)
In my mobile app, it went from 'Invited for Interview' to 'Blank.' Dont know what that means. Anybody else?

Everyone's decision status went black for all schools. I think AADSAS caught on that decisions were being released on the mobile portal

ye, some schools released decisions on mobile and than ADEA removed them and on the website for other schools it changed to check back on December 3.. but no change for GHSU, they are still interviewing people on Dec 3... so I think the earliest they can send out any decisions is Dec 5 or after...

I am interviewing on 12/3, but they will release some decisions on 12/3, but for folks like me interviewing on that date or later (I think some people had an interview date on 1/10), then we receive decisions much later.

It would be awesome if you could ask them how many they will accept on Monday :)

I wish we know how acceptance will be given out this year if rejection is by email. Hopefully acceptance is too! Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

YAY!! Got the call from Ms. Perry just a moment ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!! Got the call from Ms. Perry just a moment ago!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!! Did the status on your AADSAS or on GHSU application change to accepted or is it still at "ready for review"?

Last edited:
Congrats everyone. See you guys in April.

Yayyyyy so excited I got the call @ 11:30 am this morning 4rm Ms.Perry I'll c u guys in June 4 the summer program!!! All smiles 

so when will other acceptance notifications be made or were most of the spots given out today?

To all the people who were accepted, are you first time applicants to GHSU?

Anyone have a late interview and hear back today?

I'm not sure that when you interviewed makes that big of a difference. It matters that you got the interview. I think they called just a select few today and they will call more tomorrow since there isn't an interview tomorrow.

Hey guys,

I got the call from Ms. Perry earlier in the day around 1:30 pm. I saw the area code on my caller ID and nearly flipped out before I even answered the phone. Very exciting day! To the rest of you, keep your head up, they still have a lot more acceptance calls to make.

mine was sept. 16/17 :)

Mine too! It's good to see people from my interview group receiving the great news!

First timer here.

yes I am a 1st time applicant and my interview was on Nov. 4&5. Ms. Perry told me that we should all have our acceptance packages by Friday so you guys don't check your mail boxes everyday looking for them lol.

Can't wait 2 meet you guys in the summer or fall! :D

Got the call yesterday at 11! Excited to meet all you future classmates!

how long should we wait to call if we have no idea where we stand?

I interviewed on 12/3. They have one last interview date on 1/11. From 12/3 until end of January, they can notify you anytime of your status.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally still shaking after the call!

did anyone ask how many have been accepted already?

I'm sorry I didn't think to ask. To be honest, I was in the state of shock after she told me I was accepted. Incredibly grateful for the opportunity. :)

My guess would be they have filled at least 80% of the class.

I would think it would be less than 80% because if you look at the 2016 acceptance thread there was a group of students that got accepted a week after the first wave. They also said that the committee would meet once a week and that there was a lot of disagreement on who would be accepted.

So does the class of 2017 have a FB page yet?!?

Some info for all you anxious predents.

Informally talked to Dr. Hanes and she said something along the lines of that as of the end of this week they filled about half of the class. Also if I understood her correctly they are still having interviews after Jan 11 when we get back from break.