Are you instate or out of state?

• Total voters
Got an interview invite today!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is October 19 and 20th.
wow...are you sure about the date?
I'm really surprised they are having an interview on sunday and monday!!!
They must love to work for school

Last edited:
wow...are you sure about the date?
I'm really surprise they are having interview on sunday and monday!!!
They must love to work for school a lot
Yes I'm sure! They conduct interviews on Sunday & Monday or Thursday and Friday! The Sunday's and Thursday's are in place as a social opportunity with the students, no faculty is involved.

Reactions: 1 user
How easy is it to get accepted at GRU if you're out of state?

How easy is it to get accepted at GRU if you're out of state?

I believe according to the ADEA guide GRU interviews about 35 OOS applicants and accepts about 2...

I believe according to the ADEA guide GRU interviews about 35 OOS applicants and accepts about 2...

I'll have to double check when I get home, but I thought it was 8 get accepted out of around 80 that interview.

Edit: nvm, looking at the class profiles I think you're right.

For the 2018 class, 85 students enrolled, 8 of which were OOS. But around 550 OOS applied.

Anyone OOS here?

Edit: Does everyone get supplemental application or just selected students?

Last edited:
Anyone OOS here?

Edit: Does everyone get supplemental application or just selected students?

I believe they send you a supplement after they deem you worthy of one.

Invited for an interview today via email! Interview dates Nov 2 & 3. Instate :)

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who already interviewed, what type of outfit for women is appropriate for the meeting with the students the night before?

For the night before, a few girls were wearing dresses, and a few wore a suit-type outfit without the jacket. Definitely no jeans or shorts.

Anyone who already has had their interview, what is the difference between the two 30 min interviews? different tone/type of questions?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The first one was a lady and felt really laid back and she was really friendly and awesome. The second one I had was a little less laid back. I had a guy that was a military dentist. It probably threw me off some because when I went to his office, the door was closed and I was scared to knock in case the other interviewee was in there. He came to the door and asked why I didn't knock to... But after that it was fine. His specialty I wasn't too knowledgeable about (prosthodontics), but he was awesome and told me about the more detailed stuff. What I did know about prosthodontics was a branch of it they don't offer at GRU, like the kind that are used to make the face look more normal if a patient was missing part of their maxilla. Overall, definitely very laid back and I feel overall good about it. You are told the background of your interviewers before the interviews, so bring a professional note pad and pen or remember facts! The First interviewer I had loved that I asked about her practice and how coming to dental school after a career as a dental assistant went and how having a family and balancing dental school was.

Cool, thanks man I appreciate it!

Invited for an interview today via email! Interview dates Nov 2 & 3. Instate :)

congratulation!!! If you do not mind,may I ask when did you submitted your supplementary application and general stats including GPA and dat score?
I haven't recieved any notification from GRU yet, so I am started wondering why I haven't received any email yet ;(

Last edited:
Same! I'll be there with you =)

congratulation for your interview invitation!!!
I am also instate applicant.
If you do not mind, may I ask when did you submitted your supplementary application and general stats including GPA and dat score?
I haven't heard anything from GRU , so I am started wondering why I haven't received anything from them.

Last edited:
Everyone that interviewed: does your status on AADSAS still say invited for interview? Has anyone's changes from that?

The first one was a lady and felt really laid back and she was really friendly and awesome. The second one I had was a little less laid back. I had a guy that was a military dentist. It probably threw me off some because when I went to his office, the door was closed and I was scared to knock in case the other interviewee was in there. He came to the door and asked why I didn't knock to... But after that it was fine. His specialty I wasn't too knowledgeable about (prosthodontics), but he was awesome and told me about the more detailed stuff. What I did know about prosthodontics was a branch of it they don't offer at GRU, like the kind that are used to make the face look more normal if a patient was missing part of their maxilla. Overall, definitely very laid back and I feel overall good about it. You are told the background of your interviewers before the interviews, so bring a professional note pad and pen or remember facts! The First interviewer I had loved that I asked about her practice and how coming to dental school after a career as a dental assistant went and how having a family and balancing dental school was.

Congratulations! Can you please tell me when did you submit your secondary application? and when did you receive your invitation to the interview?

Best of luck!

Congratulations! Can you please tell me when did you submit your secondary application? and when did you receive your invitation to the interview?

Best of luck!

I don't remember exactly, but it was around the last week of July. I received my interview invitation August 22nd for an interview on September 11.

Are they supposed to?

I read in the main acceptance/rejection page that some people's changed after an interview. I wasn't sure if anyone had gotten an updated status or not from GRU. Everyone I've asked said theirs hasn't changed, so I assume GRU doesn't update it anymore until December.

Last edited:
Got an interview invite yesterday for November 10! Very excited!

very beautiful facility. The octopus thingy was quite a site. Enjoyed my days there.

I have an interview on the 10th!
AADSAS mailed on 8/29
Supplemental Received 9/9

Anyone going to be there tomorrow??

Interviewing next monday, 17th !!! hope to see some of yall there!

How did today's interview go, guys?

How did today's interview go, guys?

Interviews went great! What a great school! Great faculty, students, and facilities.

PS for those of you still waiting, Dr Hanes said they still have about 50 students to interview before they are done. I am in state but we had 4/10 of the interviewees out of state when I interviewed.

Reactions: 4 users
For people who have interviewed: what time does the interview day end?

For me, it was around 5-6ish. People started leaving around 4:00 though. The last part of the interview is volunteering in the clinic, which is somewhat optional (i feel like they like it if you stay until the end). The person I was helping in the clinic finished at 5:30-6ish, so I stayed and helped him clean up and stuff.

Hey everyone,
I'm curious about my chances of getting in. I submitted my AADSAS app sep 9th but it wasnt complete/mailed until october 23. I was invited for an interview via email today (11/14), but I was surprised bc i submitted my supplementary last week, which is when they will review your whole file. Any thoughts or advice? Or types of questions to prepare myself with?

Hey everyone,
I'm curious about my chances of getting in. I submitted my AADSAS app sep 9th but it wasnt complete/mailed until october 23. I was invited for an interview via email today (11/14), but I was surprised bc i submitted my supplementary last week, which is when they will review your whole file. Any thoughts or advice? Or types of questions to prepare myself with?

Can't say what your chances of getting in are but the fact that you got an interview this late is pretty good in my opinion. As far as advice goes, just be yourself. Everyone there is really nice and laid back and more than willing to answer any questions you have about the school, curriculum, etc. Have fun and good luck :thumbup:

Reactions: 3 users

For me, it was around 5-6ish. People started leaving around 4:00 though. The last part of the interview is volunteering in the clinic, which is somewhat optional (i feel like they like it if you stay until the end). The person I was helping in the clinic finished at 5:30-6ish, so I stayed and helped him clean up and stuff.

When I was there, the clinic slowed way down by 4.00, almost all patients were gone. I stuck around and talked to the D4's and left around 5 and was one of the last interviewees there. Hope this helps!

Hey everyone,
Good luck on your interviews.

Last edited:
What should a dude wear to the reception the night before? Are nice jeans a no?

What should a dude wear to the reception the night before? Are nice jeans a no?
Those are totally fine. To be honest, the dental students were wearing street clothes when I went to mine...which left many of us applicants feeling a little over dressed haha. But I believe first impressions matter (btw a few of them are on the admissions committee) ;)

How many interviewees are there on pre-interview day? are they the same interviewees on interview day?