***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are you instate or out of state?

• Total voters
Those are totally fine. To be honest, the dental students were wearing street clothes when I went to mine...which left many of us applicants feeling a little over dressed haha. But I believe first impressions matter (btw a few of them are on the admissions committee) ;)
that's why I'm asking haha!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where I could find faculty addresses to mail thank you letters? Or did all of you just email?

Members don't see this ad :)
that's why I'm asking haha!
jean & polo or button down and you'll be fine. Btw, you will be sitting at a huge conference table for 1 hour, its not a wine and cheese kinda reception...more like m&ms sprite and pretzels...that's how chill it was, lol.

I'm interviewing next week. Can someone please tell me how long each interview lasted with each interviewer? less or more than 15 min? Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm interview next week. Can someone please tell me how long each interview lasted with each interviewer? less or more than 15 min? Thanks!!

Around 30 minutes for each of mine.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone's aadsas status changed to under review after the interview? Mine hasnt but i think the people who got accepted last year had their status changed before december 1...

Has anyone's aadsas status changed to under review after the interview? Mine hasnt but i think the people who got accepted last year had their status changed before december 1...

As of today, mine is still the same. I asked some people a few weeks ago and they all said theirs still said invited for interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is still invited for interview also. I doubt they will touch it before Dec 1.

I'm interviewing next week. Does anyone know when the last cycle of interviews are and when in December do they sent out acceptance letters? What is the average number of students do they interview at a time? Thanks!

I'm interviewing next week. Does anyone know when the last cycle of interviews are and when in December do they sent out acceptance letters? What is the average number of students do they interview at a time? Thanks!

I know most schools start giving out acceptances December 1st. I think GRU will also. When I interviewed there was 12 of us.

Do you know the cut-off date? I guessing since I'm interviewing late, I would be among the last to know of acceptance or rejection. BTW, good luck to you!

Last edited:
Do you know the cut-off date? I guessing since I'm interviewing late, I would be among the last to know of acceptance or rejection. BTW, good luck to you!

Nope, no idea honestly. Thanks! I hope your interview goes well! Come report back!

I interviewed recently and we had 14 total people interviewing. They said that they will have two more interview dates next week and they will start making acceptance calls on December 1st and that will last until January.

When is your interview? I'm interviewing on Monday.

Last date for GRU is the 5th of December. The interview date didnt seem to correlate strongly with notification dates in years past; I think they typicality notify the strongest candidates first. They did say during my interview day that the committee meets a few days after interviews and they make a decision on most interviewees then so you are fresh in their memories.

They did also say as soon as a decision is reached on your application (after the 1st) you will be notified, again no real order to it. Good luck with your interview, dont worry about the date and knock it out of the park!

ALMOST TIME!

Still no status change on AADSAS. Hope we all get good news!

Reactions: 4 users
Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if we get emails or phone calls?

I think an acceptance is normally a phone call where they verify a good address to send the acceptance package.

Reactions: 1 users
Who else can't sleep?? I'm so anxious for tomorrow!! Does anyone know who makes the calls and typically at what time they start?

Reactions: 2 users
According to last years thread the phone calls started around 9 am. I am so nervous!

I'm getting antsy, lol.

I can't take this waiting game! I'm so anxious. Already got accepted to two other schools but I'm a GA resident so I really want to hear from GRU.

Reactions: 4 users
Because it's an interview day, I would imagine 10-12 is the busiest part of the day for them. I'm hoping while the interviewees are at lunch this afternoon, they'll make a bunch of calls.

Because it's an interview day, I would imagine 10-12 is the busiest part of the day for them. I'm hoping while the interviewees are at lunch this afternoon, they'll make a bunch of calls.

Or when they go to the clinic.

Got the call at 11:37!! Im so freaking excited!!!!!

I go to KSU. And no, it still says "Invited for Interview".

So if you don't recieve a call today does that mean they will not be offering a seat? I'm beyond nervous! Can't focus at work or anything! Starting to lose hope :/

So if you don't recieve a call today does that mean they will not be offering a seat? I'm beyond nervous! Can't focus at work or anything! Starting to lose hope :/

No it doesn't mean that at all! Try to stay calm (Im right there with you though - WAY easier said than done). They will not fill the class until the end of December or even January. Based on last year, calls came in heavy this week and next.

No it doesn't mean that at all! Try to stay calm (Im right there with you though - WAY easier said than done). They will not fill the class until the end of December or even January. Based on last year, calls came in heavy this week and next.

Same here. You're not the only one still waiting. And yeah, looking at last years thread there were a couple people accepted after the first. Don't lose hope just yet.

I can't focus on anything either! Everytime my phone buzzes my heart does a flip flop. This is torture.

"May the odds be ever in your favor"

I can't focus on anything either! Everytime my phone buzzes my heart does a flip flop. This is torture.

"May the odds be ever in your favor"
Same here. Most of my buzzes are actually my SDN app :p

Hi everyone! I was called at 9:45am central time! So 1045 GRU time!

Got the call at 11:44am central time! But I missed the call...