***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are you instate or out of state?

• Total voters
The financial information portion of their website says $200, and that's what I have always understood it to be.
I guess we will see, maybe I was told wrong over the phone. I know it's different for in state vs out of state students.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we will see, maybe I was told wrong over the phone. I know it's different for in state vs out of state students.

Unless they changed it this year it was $500 for us last year.

Oh well if you were told that and it was $500 last year, I'm sure its $500. Maybe I misunderstood what the website was saying.

Just got the call at 2:40 PM!

In State - Interviewed November 9-10!

SO excited! FYI she said it is a $500 deposit!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the call this morning!

Reactions: 1 users
Still nothing.... Are they done with calls?

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope they do, I feel like I'm waiting on a rejection again.

Reactions: 3 users
do we get an email if we are rejected or waitlisted? I'm guessing they won't be calling people for rejections. too cruel.

has anyone from the December 1st interview heard back yet? or anyone gotten any calls today??

do we get an email if we are rejected or waitlisted? I'm guessing they won't be calling people for rejections. too cruel.

has anyone from the December 1st interview heard back yet? or anyone gotten any calls today??
No word here.

Nothing here either. And rejections are sent out via e-mail. I would assume waitlist notifications are as well.

Maybe they aren't making calls today. Or they are taking the day to vote on a ton of people!

EMAIL FROM GRU

"We are still voting as all decisions will be made by Monday."

Reactions: 1 user
I should have read this thread first, I just sent an email as well a moment ago LOL. I will post if I find out any detailed info!

"Lindsey,
While we did make some more decisions on Wednesday, we still have not finished. Next week there will be phone calls to those applicants who are accepted, that same week there will also be final emails and letters mailed to all applicants who have not been notified. Applicants who will be accepted, placed on the waitlist, or not accepted will be notified by email or mail on next week, so try to be patient just a few more days.
Thanks for checking."

For some reason, I feel like it's just down to wait-lists and rejections at this point. Ahhhhh.

"Lindsey,
While we did make some more decisions on Wednesday, we still have not finished. Next week there will be phone calls to those applicants who are accepted, that same week there will also be final emails and letters mailed to all applicants who have not been notified. Applicants who will be accepted, placed on the waitlist, or not accepted will be notified by email or mail on next week, so try to be patient just a few more days.
Thanks for checking."

For some reason, I feel like it's just down to wait-lists and rejections at this point. Ahhhhh.

Let's hope not. Plus if they only called around 30 people Dec 1. I doubt they could have called the other 50-60 on Thursday.
Lets keep our fingers crossed for good news!

Let's hope not. Plus if they only called around 30 people Dec 1. I doubt they could have called the other 50-60 on Thursday.
Lets keep our fingers crossed for good news!

There are only 40 students in the Facebook geoup so far, and they will be letting at least 85 in this year. Don't lose hope guys, there seem to be lots of spots left!

Last edited:
There are only 40 students in the Facebook geoup so far, and they will be letting at least 85 in this year. Don't loose hope guys, there seem to be lots of spots left!

Agreed! Must stay positive! Dr. Hanes said they're accepting 90 students, so they've only accepted around half the class (some people may not have Facebook). We have hope.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts ..... :poke:

There are only 40 students in the Facebook geoup so far, and they will be letting at least 85 in this year. Don't loose hope guys, there seem to be lots of spots left!

I think in my interview group they said 87-90. Edit: didn't read futuredents post before posting lol.

Good Luck everyone! As my mom would say "whatever is meant to happen will happen".

Reactions: 4 users
Good Luck everyone! As my mom would say "whatever is meant to happen will happen".
that's actually giving me some peace, but I wish I could stop staring at my phone and get some work done. has anyone heard anything? do we think they'll be done with calls by today?

that's actually giving me some peace, but I wish I could stop staring at my phone and get some work done. has anyone heard anything? do we think they'll be done with calls by today?

We know they are making decisions today, but they won't necessarily call today. They might though.

Did anyone get email / letter / call? This is nerve wracking. :bang:

"Lindsey,
Thanks for checking."

absolutely not. they only called 33% of people, so there is a good 50 more spots. and I have 2 friends that got on the wait list and ended up getting accepted last year around March. As somebodys mom said, the right thing will happen. we might be the next SPANX founder, who was rejected by law schools multiple times, and gave up on that path.

Is anybody a non traditional student here like me? like older than 22 and a non science major? 99% people that are already accepted are bio majors and went to UGA, which makes me feel like I don't fit into the formula

absolutely not. they only called 33% of people, so there is a good 50 more spots. and I have 2 friends that got on the wait list and ended up getting accepted last year around March. As somebodys mom said, the right thing will happen. we might be the next SPANX founder, who was rejected by law schools multiple times, and gave up on that path.

Is anybody a non traditional student here like me? like older than 22 and a non science major? 99% people that are already accepted are bio majors and went to UGA, which makes me feel like I don't fit into the formula
I know every class is different, but our class has quite a few non traditional students. Several in their 30's, even more in their mid to late twenties. I myself am 24 and a music major. Don't stress too much about not fitting some formula. What matters is your personality and if you did the work. At least that's my experience as a D1.

I know every class is different, but our class has quite a few non traditional students. Several in their 30's, even more in their mid to late twenties. I myself am 24 and a music major. Don't stress too much about not fitting some formula. What matters is your personality and if you did the work. At least that's my experience as a D1.

oh wow, thank you for your insight on that. well I thought they like non traditional and older students and they told me that but based on what I'm seeing it feels like there is a formula which I don't meet any of the criteria :)

They might be calling people in categories though. Hoping the non traditional calls will happen soon if that's the case.
:whistle:

Received a call at 5:15 from Dr. Hanes offering acceptance into GRU! Weird timing but freakishly happy to take the call.

Also, thank you guys for helping keep my head on straight these past few weeks. I can't tell you how many times I have checked this page to be reminded that there are so many others who are also losing their minds. Very encouraging! Hang in there and stick together...

Reactions: 2 users
Received a call at 5:15 from Dr. Hanes offering acceptance into GRU! Weird timing but freakishly happy to take the call.

Also, thank you guys for helping keep my head on straight these past few weeks. I can't tell you how many times I have checked this page to be reminded that there are so many others who are also losing their minds. Very encouraging! Hang in there and stick together...
Make sure you join the Facebook group. The link can be found in this thread few pages back.

I think I'm going to wait until the end of this week and if I don't hear from them, bye bye GRU! It's very frustrating that they don't let pre-december interviews know faster....

Interviewed Dec. 1st, got a call Dec. 4th. Like the other poster said, if it will happen, it will happen. I am a non-traditional with a little better than average stats, definitely not as good as some of the others on this thread. I found that stats will get your application looked at, but other than that, it is really your story/personality that gets you accepted, so don't loose hope.

Interviewed Dec. 1st, got a call Dec. 4th. Like the other poster said, if it will happen, it will happen. I am a non-traditional with a little better than average stats, definitely not as good as some of the others on this thread. I found that stats will get your application looked at, but other than that, it is really your story/personality that gets you accepted, so don't loose hope.
Congrats. I also interviewed on Dec. 1st. May I ask if you are in-state or out-of-state?