***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are you instate or out of state?

• Total voters
For the people who gotta rejection email, did your Aadsas decision change? I still haven't heard anything from GRU

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
*Sending Positive Thoughts of Coming off the Waitlist Your Way* :nod:
Did you receive a Waitlist/Alternate notification email? Or did Dr. Hanes respond to your inquiry?
I ended up calling. this is my third application cycle so I'm a little nervous

Did Dr. Hanes tell anyone they were on the "alternate list"? Is that the same thing as the waitlist?

I'm on the alternate list as well. How many of us are there? Does anyone know our chances of getting off of it?

I think you have a great chance! Ms. Perry told me off the cuff that last year they placed about 30 students on the waitlist and that ~18 of them ended up being accepted. Definitely not bad odds!

I'm on the alternate list as well. How many of us are there? Does anyone know our chances of getting off of it?

Looks like better than 50%! Better odds than being accepted after an interview!

The thing to remember about the waitlist is that it isn't an line/order/number game. They are building a class, so if someone drops and you are a similar applicant to them, you will get the call. The in state and out of state students are also on separate lists.

Good luck to those of you wait-listing, and to those of you who didn't get good news this year, good luck next year!

I asked Dr. Hanes for a number and she just told me it varies...probably because not everyone chooses to stay on the list and they go to other schools that have accepted them. But she did tell me that on average 12-15 get chosen from the list.

Can someone please tell me what their status on AADSAS says if they are accepted or wait listed.
Mine keeps changing and I'm not sure what it means

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me what their status on AADSAS says if they are accepted or wait listed.
I was accepted and mine says "offer made".

Reactions: 1 user
thank you so much for sharing that, mine says " offer made" too but i didn't get a call.
did you get a background check email?

thank you so much for sharing that, mine says " offer made" too but i didn't get a call.
did you get a background check email?
Yes I got an email from certiphi for a background check.

Mine says denied.

got my call today
ACCEPTED
they said they accepted 3 people today and rejected 4 people today. so I guess there are still people that haven't found out their status yet.

Thank you everybody here for all the updates

Reactions: 3 users
got my call today
ACCEPTED
they said they accepted 3 people today and rejected 4 people today. so I guess there are still people that haven't found out their status yet.

Thank you everybody here for all the updates

Congrats! May I ask if you are in-state or out-of-state?

Wooooo hoooo!!!! Accepted!!! Thank you Lord and I look forward to meeting you all very soon!!

Congrats to all of those who have decided to join GRU's Class of 2019 and good luck to all of those who are still waiting to hear some news!

My name is Natascha Solomon. I am an almost 23 year old female presently in the GRU College of Dental Medicine Class of 2018. I am looking for a female roommate for Fall 2015.

Overall, I am a studious, down-to-earth girl. I enjoy working-out and spending time outdoors whenever time permits. I am a non-smoker, very organized, and clean individual. I’m looking for someone with similar attributes. I am currently living at Brigham Woods on the top floor in a 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom apartment. It is only a 10-15 minute drive to school. The apartment and its complex feel very tranquil after the daily stresses of a dental student. It has a very nice gym, pool, and car wash station with vacuum. Ultimately, it has great amenities and extremely helpful employees. It is a very secure location as it is a gated community, and it has 24-hour emergency maintenance. It is located near some of the newest shopping centers that Augusta has to offer. The following is a link describing my apartment community at greater length: http://www.brighamwoodsapts.com/

If you are interested in having me as your roommate, then please feel to call or text me at the following number: 678-763-3117.

Once again, Good Luck!!! :)

Last edited:
Hello all, 2009 MCG (GRU) dental graduate here. I stumbled upon this thread while searching for something GRU-related online. Reading through this took me back to my own application experience. To those accepted, congratulations! To those of you who have not been accepted and feel called to dentistry, be persistent. Two of my closest friends from school took several attempts before they were accepted (one took five attempts, one took four). They both were outstanding students and leaders in our class, and both are very successful young dentists today. Be persistent.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello all, 2009 MCG (GRU) dental graduate here. I stumbled upon this thread while searching for something GRU-related online. Reading through this took me back to my own application experience. To those accepted, congratulations! To those of you who have not been accepted and feel called to dentistry, be persistent. Two of my closest friends from school took several attempts before they were accepted (one took five attempts, one took four). They both were outstanding students and leaders in our class, and both are very successful young dentists today. Be persistent.

Thanks for that!

now that school is back in action.. does anyone have any idea when they will start considering/accepting those waitlisted?

Anyone who has been accepted.. Was GRU your first choice/ have you heard back from your first choice yet?

-radio silent here-

has anyone heard anything since the alternate letter was sent?

welp. looks like not much luck for the waitlist. does this mean everyone that was accepted, accepted their acceptances.
how many more times can I write accepted? challenge accepted.

has anyone reached out to the adcom?

Does anyone know when the deadline to pay the deposit is? Maybe once they know how many spots are available they will take people off the waitlist.

someone just joined the facebook group and she got a call last week and she was on the waitlist. She is out of state though. so they are already calling people

if you were DENIED
I can tell you about some events at GRU and other opportunities that would get your foot in the door.
I found out about all these recently and I wish I knew them when I was trying to apply and improve my application.We have all worked so hard and I understand how disappointing is to get denied after all the effort. I got a lot of rejection letters before I finally heard from GRU. So I thought I'll share this information with you all so hopefully next year would be a better year for all of you.

[email protected]

WAIT LIST
my friend got accepted in April last year and he was in state. so don't give up hope at all

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when the deadline to pay the deposit is? Maybe once they know how many spots are available they will take people off the waitlist.

It is 30 days after you got the paperwork, so its different for different people.

Dang, so the Facebook group has 84 members. I am guessing that a few people do not have Facebook so that means they are pretty close to filling the class. I'm beginning to lose hope that I am getting off this list. :(

does anyone know how many people so far have been taken off the waitlist? is anyone on the waitlist been contacting gru for updates? im afraid im becoming bothersome but girl needs some answers!

I emailed Dr. Hanes about it last week, but I have yet to hear back from her. Hopefully a few more spots open up for the waitlist people.

Last year she was so good at responding quickly. I still haven't recieved a reply from her for an email I sent a while back! Has anyone called?

I think she may just be busy with other things, I sent an email out a while ago as well and have yet to receive a response.