Members don't see this ad.

Just got the call!!!! Accepted!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Got the call at 12:23

It seems as though high DATs are selected first above anything else

This is Dr hanes response to my email:

We are in the midst of the selections now and should know by the end of next week, so be patient a little while longer. Thank you

Reactions: 1 user
It seems as though high DATs are selected first above anything else
well, I have AA 22, 22 PAT, 3.6 gpa, over 2000 hours of experience (including 500 hours of managing a dental clinic), and this is my 3rd time applying....so who knows what their decision process is like.

is there a specific order they call accepted students?

well, I have AA 22, 22 PAT, 3.6 gpa, over 2000 hours of experience (including 500 hours of managing a dental clinic), and this is my 3rd time applying....so who knows what their decision process is like.
Oh wow. Thats increidble. What school did you go to? Why havent other schools picked you up?

Does anyone know howmany people are on facebook now?

Members don't see this ad :)
25 AA dat here.. no acceptances yet lol. I'm not sure that high scores are what they are after guys

Oh wow. Thats increidble. What school did you go to? Why havent other schools picked you up?
I have a Chem degree from UGA (go dawgs). My catch is that I've been in trouble with the school and was suspended for 1 semester. It was an immature thing that happened over 4 years ago (a.k.a. it won't happen again) and not a cheating type of thing. And I know people who have been accepted even with misdemeanors on their record. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have the same stats as me, but haven't been in trouble. I just don't understand the people that get in with lower stats and with limited amount of experience.

I have a Chem degree from UGA (go dawgs). My catch is that I've been in trouble with the school and was suspended for 1 semester. It was an immature thing that happened over 4 years ago (a.k.a. it won't happen again) and not a cheating type of thing. And I know people who have been accepted even with misdemeanors on their record. However, I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that have the same stats as me, but haven't been in trouble. I just don't understand the people that get in with lower stats and with limited amount of experience.
Exactly few of my friends got in with lower gpa and lower DAT scores. I just don't know what they are looking for.

18 people now...so only 2 added today so far.
Dr hanes said they are in midset of selections. I don't know what that means.based on the number of people on facebook, i dont think the class is even half filled.

Did they tell you that is what was holding you back? What did they tell you last year in the interview/call where they tell you what to improve on?

Ok so I know what its like to sit here and see everyone get accepted when you haven't been. It hurts. Each time someone posts on here is a blow. I just got my acceptance call and I wanted to let you know how grateful I am but know that it still hurts to see so many others that are waiting for a call. Just stay strong and keep a positive mind set. You will all make it. Stats: 3.9 GPA. 20AA 19PAT

Reactions: 3 users
Did they tell you that is what was holding you back? What did they tell you last year in the interview/call where they tell you what to improve on?
Dr. Hanes told me that my past was the only thing holding me back and it "might be something that the admissions committee can't look past"...basically told me she wasn't sure whether or not I should reapply. She said if I did, then to somehow prove the past is the past, but didn't give me any idea of how to do that. So, I had all of my evaluators talk about my current behavior and just used the disadvantaged status section of the application to explain more.

I counted less than 10 pronounced acceptances on this page (note: there may be some unregistered people who saw the link here also). Despite people not knowing about SDN, word of mouth probably got most of the other UGA accepted people to the group. The 18 may not be AS far away from the amount of acceptances handed out as people may think, but I wouldn't be surprised if they still have filled more than half the class. Having been in sales, 20 calls made per hour is possible if not everyone is picking up. I would estimate they have made 40-50 calls at the minimum, but may have even more filled in their minds. GRU does seem to favor reapps as the frequency of them I came across with GRU dinners and in the interview was higher than you'd think. I also wouldn't be surprised if those accepted first are primarily reapplicants to save those reapps continued stress.

Congratulations to all that have been accepted and keep the faith to those who are still waiting for a response. Hopefully i will be in your shoes next cycle. Also, did any of you guys do research during summers of undergrad or during the academic year of undergrad? How does GRU look at research experience for the school of dentistry. Would you say they look at it as an asset that could really increase your chances? Also, did any of you do summer programs such as seep and the star programs they offer. Would that also increase ones chances?

Ok so I know what its like to sit here and see everyone get accepted when you haven't been. It hurts. Each time someone posts on here is a blow. I just got my acceptance call and I wanted to let you know how grateful I am but know that it still hurts to see so many others that are waiting for a call. Just stay strong and keep a positive mind set. You will all make it. Stats: 3.9 GPA. 20AA 19PAT
When did you get the call?

Too many assumptions and hypotheticals, which contributes to anxiety.... Consider deactivating SDN for now until you get the closure you need.

Congratulations to all that have been accepted and keep the faith to those who are still waiting for a response. Hopefully i will be in your shoes next cycle. Also, did any of you guys do research during summers of undergrad or during the academic year of undergrad? How does GRU look at research experience for the school of dentistry. Would you say they look at it as an asset that could really increase your chances? Also, did any of you do summer programs such as seep and the star programs they offer. Would that also increase ones chances?

I have a lot of undergrad research experience as well as research experience from work at the Centers for Disease Control. However, I'm probably an outlier. Also, my research experience didn't save me last year.

The more and more I think about it, I think it was about impressing the daylights out of your interviewer. Think about it, all of us got the call for an interview even though GPAs range from 3.3-3.9 and DATs from 19-23. But a whole range gets accepted becuase some people maybe have way better personalities than others? I don't know, Im just speculating. But we all got an interview becuase our grades were good enough. What they didn't know is whether or not we could crack a joke, think on our feet, carry a conversation with solid eye contact. So all of you that are waiting, how did you feel your interview went?

I thought my interview went well. I felt like they truly and genuinely wanted to get to know me as a person and that helped me relax, open up more and show my true personality. My question is, if they are making decisions now, how exactly do they remember us especially if we interviewed earlier in the cycle. I am sure they took notes but still would they remember everything about us? cuz I want them to remember everything about me from that day lol

Accepted!
oGPA: 3.8 sGPA: 4.0
DAT AA 19 TS 20 PAT 21

I thought my interview went well. I felt like they truly and genuinely wanted to get to know me as a person and that helped me relax, open up more and show my true personality. My question is, if they are making decisions now, how exactly do they remember us especially if we interviewed earlier in the cycle. I am sure they took notes but still would they remember everything about us? cuz I want them to remember everything about me from that day lol
Did you write them a thank you letter afterwards? I did so they would remember some things we discussed that day so it stayed fresh in their minds.

Did you write them a thank you letter afterwards? I did so they would remember some things we discussed that day so it stayed fresh in their minds.
Yes I did write a thank you letter afterwards. Anyways at this point let's be patient and hope for good news :)

I have a lot of undergrad research experience as well as research experience from work at the Centers for Disease Control. However, I'm probably an outlier. Also, my research experience didn't save me last year.
Thanks for your feed back. Do you mind sharing your stats for the first cycle vs. this one?

I remember checking my phone and this page 24/7 Dec 1 and everyday after- and I wasn't accepted until April last year. So don't lose hope if you haven't gotten the call yet!

I would definitely say that my interview is what got me in. First year applicant from UGA with a 3.71GPA, 20AA 19TS 22PA, and ~200 hours so solid qualifications but nothing off the charts. However, I feel that my interviews went very well. We had good conversations, made them laugh a bit, and I just had what I thought were honest, thought out answers that matched what they were looking for. Dr. Horne was one of my interviewers and also just happened to be overseeing the section of the clinic that I was shadowing in after the interview so I had a chance to make a little more small talk and thank him for the interview.

My guess is that they haven't even called a third of the people yet so there is still PLENTY of time for everyone here to get theirs. Just try to be patient and I hope to see all of you in Augusta next Fall!

I also had Dr. Horne as one of my interviewers, but I kicked it off with both interviewers extremely well.

I hope this information helps you all!

Just checking this stresses me out..I check my phone every 20 minutes haha

But I'm pretty sure there are others who just don't care adding the group right now....celebrating drinking

I believe they said 94 this year, with 9 out of state. I was accepted on Dec 1, but my stats are not flashy at all. I have a 3.4 gpa and an 18AA (w a 15 on one section) and 24 percep. I was waitlisted last year and was not accepted so I am completing a medical post bacc program right now. Even though stats are nice a flashy, they want to see that you truly care about this field and that you will work your ass off, no matter the stats, to be the best dentist you can be. Extracurriculars are huge, which was evident during interviews. I am a TFA alumni and they wanted to know all about it...so for those of you who dont make it this year, dont give up. Do something that will prove to them you are not going to give up because dentistry is what you want and you wont stop until you achieve your goal. They can sense that determination and that means more that a score on a test or a gpa. Good luck everyone.