***The Official GRU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are you In state or out of state?

• In state

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Out of State

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters
I believe they said 94 this year, with 9 out of state. I was accepted on Dec 1, but my stats are not flashy at all. I have a 3.4 gpa and an 18AA (w a 15 on one section) and 24 percep. I was waitlisted last year and was not accepted so I am completing a medical post bacc program right now. Even though stats are nice a flashy, they want to see that you truly care about this field and that you will work your ass off, no matter the stats, to be the best dentist you can be. Extracurriculars are huge, which was evident during interviews. I am a TFA alumni and they wanted to know all about it...so for those of you who dont make it this year, dont give up. Do something that will prove to them you are not going to give up because dentistry is what you want and you wont stop until you achieve your goal. They can sense that determination and that means more that a score on a test or a gpa. Good luck everyone.
Where did u tAke ur masters and is it 2 yr program?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooo ok thank you! If my gpa is low, should I take the post bac program or masters?
I think post bacc is a good way to go bc I am taking med/dental school level classes...plus in this program, if you have a min of 18AA on the DAT and get a 3.0 in the program you are accepted into the LECOM Dental School

I think post bacc is a good way to go bc I am taking med/dental school level classes...plus in this program, if you have a min of 18AA on the DAT and get a 3.0 in the program you are accepted into the LECOM Dental School
Thank you!! I just checked the site and it says that you're only gurantee for an interview, not acceptance.. Thank u, ill look into it even tho I wanna go to georgi I a

Thank you!! I just checked the site and it says that you're only gurantee for an interview, not acceptance.. Thank u, ill look into it even tho I wanna go to georgi I a
They say it only gets you an interview but its just a formality...as long as you dont get in trouble while in the program and you get the grades/scores, you are in. I was the same way with georgia, by far my number one choice, but cant hurt to have a backup. Good luck!

They say it only gets you an interview but its just a formality...as long as you dont get in trouble while in the program and you get the grades/scores, you are in. I was the same way with georgia, by far my number one choice, but cant hurt to have a backup. Good luck!
Well dam it's pretty pricey...I hope they give financial aid

Well dam it's pretty pricey...I hope they give financial aid
They do...and its actually one of the cheapest post baccs in the country...there were several that were $30-40,000...LECOM is only about $13,000 for tuition

They do...and its actually one of the cheapest post baccs in the country...there were several that were $30-40,000...LECOM is only about $13,000 for tuition
I guess I was looking at the wrong one....dental post bacc program right?

yep!...unless they boosted prices...buts that what im paying haha
Thanks my brotha.i think I'll be rejected this year, but hopefully I'll get in next year and hope to meet you soon. Thanks for the help!

Thanks my brotha.i think I'll be rejected this year, but hopefully I'll get in next year and hope to meet you soon. Thanks for the help!
glad I could help! good luck...hope ill see you at gru soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody try to contact them and find out how many seats are open?

Reactions: 1 user
And sorry last question...is post bacc similar to undergrad courses?
I majored in bio so I dont think that matters...the classes are like upper level science classes that we will be taking in our first couple years...physio, pharm, anatomy, etc. Even if you have taken the classes you prob havent taken so many upper level classes at once in such a short amount of time, which if you can do well in during the post bacc, shows you can handle it during med/dental school

well, I have AA 22, 22 PAT, 3.6 gpa, over 2000 hours of experience (including 500 hours of managing a dental clinic), and this is my 3rd time applying....so who knows what their decision process is like.
Joseph?

Reactions: 1 user
Why does the fb group have people who got in last year?

Yea it means there are more seats available now.

I was wondering the same thing last night. I know of a few people in the group that I interviewed with last year that got in and they were added around the same time.

I was wondering the same thing last night. I know of a few people in the group that I interviewed with last year that got in and they were added around the same time.

A lot of them are joining up to give advice to the upcoming class! I'd say at least 3-4 of them are from the previous year's cycle, if not more.

Guys, don't give up! The class isn't full yet!

I'm just praying for my acceptance... I will literally drive there and hug all of the admissions folks.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a D1 and all of the people that are in the 2020 group from my class are passing, so don't worry about any of them taking your spots.

Has anyone gotten any calls lately? How long did it take to update on AADSAS?

In my experience, you will typically know your application status before AADSAS changes.

And since thereally apparently haven't been any calls today I'm beginning to wonder if we won't hear anything until Thursday.

Does anyone know if there are different wait lists for OOS and in state? I imagine there would be if they have 9 seats set aside for OOS, but not sure.

What are the chances of getting off of the waitlist?

No they will e-mail you if you're rejected. I received my rejection on Dec. 16th last year.