• In state

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Out of State

Votes: 19 33.9%

• Total voters
O thank you......and there are so many uga
Graduates. ......

Members don't see this ad.

When do they stop calling for acceptances? Should I just wait for that email now..? :(

If 3-4 ppl from your interview group are accepted, is it safe to assume all the rest of the group has been rejected?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody got accepted, but will not take the offer?

Does anyone know how late they make calls? I feel like they call before 5:30...but I'm curious.

I got a waitlist email and it says "The Dental College of Georgia at the Augusta University has completed selecting the regular class to enter August 2016." I'm OOS, so I don't know if that means just the OOS positions are full, but it sounds like they have completed their class?!

Reactions: 1 user
I find it hard to believe that 40-45 people haven't joined the facebook group but you never know I guess. Maybe they have selected everyone but didnt make all the calls today.. or rejection emails are coming unfortunately

I find it hard to believe that 40-45 people haven't joined the facebook group but you never know I guess. Maybe they have selected everyone but didnt make all the calls today.. or rejection emails are coming unfortunately
That's true..

I got waitlisted here as well.

What are the chances of getting off of the waitlist?

From looking back at last years thread I read that for the year before last about 18 out of 30 got off the wait list. I didn't find anything about last year though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not even a waitlist email for me... I am concerned.

I wouldn't get too concerned just yet. There was at least one person last year that got an acceptance after a lot of people got rejection/waitlist emails so there is still hope.

I got a waitlist email and it says "The Dental College of Georgia at the Augusta University has completed selecting the regular class to enter August 2016." I'm OOS, so I don't know if that means just the OOS positions are full, but it sounds like they have completed their class?!

That's what the letter I received said too. Im also OOS.

Any calls? Waitlist, Rejection emails?

Rejected. For anyone curious:
25aa 25pat 25 ts
3.76 overall gpa (3.88 uga gpa)
3.96 science gpa
150+shadowing
300research
2000 sales experience
40ish hours community service
7 weeks camp counselor
Semester as a bio TA
And over 200 hours as a peer tutor

Edit: oh and I went abroad for an dental outreach trip to serve the underserved

Last edited:
Rejected...
AA 21
sGPA 3.86 oGPA 3.85
300+ shadowing

25aa 25pat 25 ts
3.96 science gpa
150+shadowing
300research
2000 sales experience
7 weeks camp counselor
Semester as a bio TA
Is this your first year applying?
Also, are you in state?

25aa 25pat 25 ts
3.96 science gpa
150+shadowing
300research
2000 sales experience
7 weeks camp counselor
Semester as a bio TA
What??????

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I think GRU is really stupid. They picked some really great applicants but they're missing out on some more who would really complete their class. I'm over them and I didn't even apply.

25aa 25pat 25 ts
3.96 science gpa
150+shadowing
300research
2000 sales experience
7 weeks camp counselor
Semester as a bio TA
Rejected as well. 3.6 gpa 22AA 22PAT; 2000 hours experience 3rd time applying; very first interview group

Rejected as well. Here I come ULSD c/o 2020!

Rejected as well. 3.6 gpa 22AA 22PAT; 2000 hours experience 3rd time applying; very first interview group
Those are solid stats and 3rd time applying? Did you get to ask them what needs improvement?

Same, received the email.. Will be applying next cycle though!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Yea, both times I asked and I did the things they suggested plus more.

Interesting... I know I did the same thing and it worked... I was in your interview group and I felt like everyone in it was really well rounded.

Are you going to try again?

Last edited:
25aa 25pat 25 ts
3.96 science gpa
150+shadowing
300research
2000 sales experience
7 weeks camp counselor
Semester as a bio TA

Edit: oh and I went abroad for an dental outreach trip to serve the underserved

Rejected...
AA 21
sGPA 3.86 oGPA 3.85
300+ shadowing

Did you all have your interviews already? Ask as my stats are no where near yours but no rejection yet, and no interview either.

Interesting... I know I did the same thing and it worked... I was in your interview group and I felt like everyone in it was really well rounded.

Are you going to try again?
I know it. I'm not quite sure yet. I gotta make some decisions first, but all of my time the past 3 years has been devoted to dentistry (trying to get in) and it feels like I've just been wasting it instead of working. And being 220K in debt is sounding less and less appealing every year I get rejected. We'll see what Ms. Perry has to say next week when I talk to her.

How many people are staying on the waitlist?

my gpa is below 3.3 range...if people with 3.8 gpa and 25 DAT scores didnt get in, how the hell do i get in?

my gpa is below 3.3 range...if people with 3.8 gpa and 25 DAT scores didnt get in, how the hell do i get in?
By applying broadly and EARLY which will give you a much better chance of an acceptance. I understand we all have a reason/s for choosing a specific school over another. But at the end of the day the goal is to become a motivated self learner and a great team player dental student wherever you go. yes GRU is a great school for many reasons but so are many others for their own different specific reasons. My advice is PLEASE DON'T PUT ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET, HAVE OPTIONS!!!!...just wanna put my two cents while we are at it…someone someday might find it helpful :)

You are right! and i got an early interview lol..still no good

Do you mind sharing your stats?

3.2 MS in Biology
Research
18AA/20PAT/21RC/no section below 17
1000+ volunteer hours (1st chapter of NHNTX)
500+ hrs as Dental Assistant
1000+ shadowing
Taught and currently tutor A&P 1 and 2

I applied late and don't have an amazing app, but next cycle will be my cycle.

3.2 MS in Biology
Research
18AA/20PAT/21RC/no section below 17
1000+ volunteer hours (1st chapter of NHNTX)
500+ hrs as Dental Assistant
1000+ shadowing
Taught and currently tutor A&P 1 and 2

I applied late and don't have an amazing app, but next cycle will be my cycle.
Ohh thank you and good luck

Has anyone accepted received a letter of acceptance yet? I got a call on Dec 1 morning but haven't received a letter yet. Ms Kendrick reassured me that they were mailing them soon last week but I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't the only who hasn't received the letter.

Has anyone accepted received a letter of acceptance yet? I got a call on Dec 1 morning but haven't received a letter yet. Ms Kendrick reassured me that they were mailing them soon last week but I was just wanting to make sure I wasn't the only who hasn't received the letter.

They were only mailed as of Thursday last week. One person in the Facebook group has his as of Saturday and he lives in Augusta. It should be in our mailbox here soon! You should join the Facebook group! There's a link in the thread somewhere.

Anyone know what we should do if we're waitlisted?

Anyone know what we should do if we're waitlisted?
I was waitlisted last year - the wait period actually extends to the first day of orientation (mid-August).

In the meantime, you can consider applying to other schools, continue improving your candidacy, and consult with advisors to discuss weaknesses in your application. As far as I have been told, there is no certain 'rank' to the waitlist. The best thing to do is to stay busy and prepared so that if you have to reapply, you can show clear improvement.

Best of luck! :)

Reactions: 1 users