**The Official Guide to Special Masters Programs**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
applied kinda late

That seems to be the reason why you may not have been accepted yet. An SMP is not really the route for you give your amazing grades. Your MCAT is pretty solid with your grades, but you may consider bringing it up to a 30 for a solid lock, but even then, you'll get into med school in Ohio probably without having to retake it. How are your extracurriculars? Volunteering? Research?

I would suggest going against an SMP- it wouldn't be too helpful for your application as the underlying reason for not being accepted to medical school yet does not seem to be your grades, nor really your MCAT. And, no, attending an SMP out of state does not remove your residency. Its just like attending college out of state, you do not change your residency unless you actively do so yourself. Good luck on your other interview!

If you don't get in this cycle, you may want to pursue the option of improving your application by asking adcoms what you can do to improve. If you would like to stay in an academic environment while making some money, take a look into researching at the medical school that you would like to attend in Ohio. That can always help your application to the school given a connection.

Members don't see this ad.

is Drexel the only SMP that requires an interview?

also, as for Drexel's programs, if i want to apply to IMS and DPMS, should I just check both on the application or are we only allowed to apply for 1?

Thanks!

From what I remember, Upenn Special Sciences Programs also requires one- but they are not an SMP. Drexel certainly does require one as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
82364 Georgetown Masters Prog. Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics
122 Georgetown University School of Medicine

How do I release it to school 5244? I don't have an option of seeing the school ID before releasing it and those are the only two Georgetown school options on the AAMC website.

hello!

at this point i think that the SMP route may not be best for me, but i did compile some info on programs. i received a PM about a post-bacc linkage with creighton, but the link doesn't work on their website. i couldn't find any info there.

from my research, i found the following programs, all of them accept the DAT

Boston University - BUMAMS (BU MA in Medical Sciences) - research based, however you can opt for the library thesis track and the program can take twelve months. two concentration of interest to predental students within the masters program: oral biology and oral health. you can take classes alongside dental students here.

Barry University - MS in Biomedical Sciences - 1 year or 2 year track. didactic courses. pretty straight forward, and they have impressive numbers on their website as far as successful d-school applicants go. i'm still skeptical about this program... it's probably not legitimate skepticism. classes taken alongside health professional students.

UMDNJ - MS in Biomedical Sciences - 1 year. didactic courses. a lot like Barry, but you can take classes with dental students like at boston. this is also the least expensive program i found.

Rosalind Franklin School of Medicine and Science - MS in Biomedical Sciences - 1 year. didactic courses taken alongside medical students. again, pretty straightforward.

UPenn - no degree granted - this program accepts any standardize test score, and was overall the least attractive in my opinion. it's catered to med students, no degree, and really expensive. You take science courses alongside graduate science students and there's the name recognition.

Wayne State SOM will take 20 credits of their MSc program and completely replace your undergraduate GPA. Mighigan State will do the same with the WSU grades.

persistentapp,

How long is the WSU program?

Thanks

MochezzmO

braluk....

The Graduate School of Biomedical Science at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey offers the following degrees.

spcr.gif
M.S./MBA The M.S./MBA is a dual-degree program leading to a masters in Biomedical Sciences from UMDNJ-GSBS and an MBA from Rutgers School of Management.

spcr.gif
Certificate Program The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences-Newark announces the establishment of a certificate program in Pharmacological Sciences.

Do you know if the certificate program above is the smp? I'm hoping it is because all their other programs have a 3.0 requirement. what do you think? if you don't know i guess i just have to wait and email them. i would love to stay in ny so i'm hoping i could get in there. also when i lived in nj i attended their mini-med program so they gotta take me. :rolleyes:

braluk....

The Graduate School of Biomedical Science at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey offers the following degrees.

spcr.gif
M.S./MBA The M.S./MBA is a dual-degree program leading to a masters in Biomedical Sciences from UMDNJ-GSBS and an MBA from Rutgers School of Management.

spcr.gif
Certificate Program The Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences-Newark announces the establishment of a certificate program in Pharmacological Sciences.

Do you know if the certificate program above is the smp? I'm hoping it is because all their other programs have a 3.0 requirement. what do you think? if you don't know i guess i just have to wait and email them. i would love to stay in ny so i'm hoping i could get in there. also when i lived in nj i attended their mini-med program so they gotta take me. :rolleyes:
I dont think it is considered an SMP given that those are graduate classes and is sponsored by their graduate school. They do have a pseudo (if not actual) SMP somewhere. Im sure you will be able to find it if you searched on these forums or perused through the aamc website for postbacs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Princessbbn, lotsa questions lol. So ill answer them in the order they appear.

I think you are an excellent candidate for an SMP, You seem like a borderline applicant, someone who med schools may or may not get in. Getting good grades in an SMP should push you over the edge, and getting an acceptance.
You might want to look into volunteering a few hours a week. Granted if you don't have research, you should at the very least have volunteering and shadowing experience. Research isnt necessary but you gotta understand alot of competitive applicants will have research under their belt. That said, it might be a little late to start researching now but never too late to start volunteering and shadowing. Hmmm....a 29 is by no means bad, but for people with GPAs that are less than 29, you might need to knock out a score over 30. Your breakdown isnt bad whatsoever. Its up to you really. Just keepin mind that you're applying with no or limited volunteer experience, no research experience, lower GPA and average MCAT. Even with superb SMP scores, you might need to improve another area of your application. If you can take the MCAT and feel confident about it before you start an SMP, I would suggest doing so. If you want to feel out the application process and see where the 29 takes you, and if no one accepts you, you can then improve your MCAT score and reapply as a much stronger candidate- something schools like to see in their reapplicants (improvement).

I started hearing from SMPs in May or so. This is considered later than usual because I took the April MCAT. People who have taken the MCAT in august heard back from places between February and June. I think you should wait to hear from SMPs before submitting AMCAS. Reason being is that you can list the courses that you will take in your SMP in your course list and throw in there xxxxx school of medicine at the school you will be taking it at. It catches adcoms eyes, Might help you garner a couple of interviews.

My stats are in my mdapps signature, but my MCAT was a 31S and Cum GPA coming in was around a 3.2. I have since been accepted to Tulane SOM and have an interview next week with EVMS. I think you would be a fairly competitive applicant for most SMPs in the country, however I would seriously consider adding in volunteer/shadowing hours before you start submitting AMCAS and whatnot. Its something easy you can do, the one you have the most control over, and somehting that could greatly enhance your app

You might want to look into volunteering a few hours a week. Granted if you don't have research, you should at the very least have volunteering and shadowing experience. Research isnt necessary but you gotta understand alot of competitive applicants will have research under their belt. That said, it might be a little late to start researching now but never too late to start volunteering and shadowing. Hmmm....a 29 is by no means bad, but for people with GPAs that are less than 29, you might need to knock out a score over 30. Your breakdown isnt bad whatsoever. Its up to you really. Just keepin mind that you're applying with no or limited volunteer experience, no research experience, lower GPA and average MCAT.

thanks so much for replying so fast! :)
so i actually have *alot* of research.....this is my 4th year and counting....well technically 4.75 years ;) ....(i started working in the lab full-time following graduation and was part-time while in school)....only problem is no publications....boooo~

also....when you mentioned "GPAs that are less than 29" did you mean MCATs less than 29 or GPAs less than 2.9? i think you meant the latter but i have a 3.4 (well 3.2 science).....so should i still shoot for 30+ MCAT?

i started shadowing in the cardiology icu beginning january and intend on continuing....and i was thinking about beginning to volunteer in the e.r. or anywhere they would need me but i'm wondering if it will be worth it since i won't begin until march and app. will be submitted in july (LATEST)?
also....sorry here come more questions :oops: ......

i've noticed that alot of threads show so many people having applied in january and alot are already accepted.....so would you consider my application late if i got it in within the next two weeks? i know you mentioned yours didn't get considered until april but maybe there are more gunners this year since more people know about the program? also....when we write our ps on why we want to do a smp....they know we're doing it almost purely to get into medical school right? or should we focus on other aspects to gain from them? okay LAST question! :p i noticed that u'r one of the few if not only asians in your program (hmm you are asian right? :oops: )....well i'm not sure if you would know this but do they give preference to minorities? hope i'm not competing against other asians for SMP positions too....:hungover:

i've noticed that alot of threads show so many people having applied in january and alot are already accepted.....so would you consider my application late if i got it in within the next two weeks? i know you mentioned yours didn't get considered until april but maybe there are more gunners this year since more people know about the program? also....when we write our ps on why we want to do a smp....they know we're doing it almost purely to get into medical school right? or should we focus on other aspects to gain from them? okay LAST question! :p i noticed that u'r one of the few if not only asians in your program (hmm you are asian right? :oops: )....well i'm not sure if you would know this but do they give preference to minorities? hope i'm not competing against other asians for SMP positions too....:hungover:

If you are going to apply to a SMP, it's pays to apply early. Your application is definitely not late (at least for Georgetown). Also, for most SMPs I believe you can use your AMCAS personal statement, no need to write anything extra. Regarding minorities in SMP, in Georgetown (and I imagine this to be true in any fair-sized SMP), there is a substantial amount of East and South Asians. Probably 1/3 of students here are Asian. I don't think they give preference to minorities, it's just a lot of Asians apply. If you are black or latino and come from disadvantaged background, you can also try for programs geared toward such populations. Georgetown's program is called GEMS, which has 90% matriculation rate to Georgetown Med.

thanks for your advice galvanifrog~ :)

i just had a few more questions....i was not aware of the GEMS program (thanx for the info)....but are asians considered *minorities* or if you're not considered a minority, does it suffice to come from a disadvantaged background? also....what is the main difference between GEMS and SMP? i'm guessing that SMPs raise your chances of getting into *some* medical school and GEMS raise your chances in getting into *their* medical school (kind of like an early acceptance as long as you meet their requirements in the program)? also, i noticed that the average scores for the GEMS was very low....does that mean applicants with higher stats are most likely not going to qualify for the program? thanks! :laugh:

Im not sure about anything about the GEMS stuff or anything but i will comment that asians are generally not considered minorities. You will find the definition of minority in the AAMC, and is generally limited to the minority in medicine, not in the US (asians are by far the second largest majority in medicine).

I dont think it is considered an SMP given that those are graduate classes and is sponsored by their graduate school. They do have a pseudo (if not actual) SMP somewhere. Im sure you will be able to find it if you searched on these forums or perused through the aamc website for postbacs.

I did go on the aamc website and that is what came up. Also I called and when I spoke to the secretary she didn't know what I was talking about until i explained it and she yes i could just make a note on my app that i want to go to med school and they would allow me to take some med courses if there was space available.... don't know.

Hmmm...im not entirely sure, my instincts tell me that no, it is not a full SMP, but check through these forums- Im sure that someone may have answered this question. Ill do some background research once I have some free time.

I don't know all the details about the GEMS program, but I can say that you don't have to be a "minority" to get in, people from a disadvantaged background will also be accepted.

GEMS typically will have a more intense classload than SMP's. They have extra classes that will re-present (or preview) all the information from the med school classes. They will have a lot more exams and have a minimum standard on their exams (in med school classes, they must beat the med school mean for the whole course or they are dismissed from the program.) They will take almost all the same med school classes as the SMP's (with the exception of Neuro.)

The advantage is that if they make it to the end of the program, they have an OUTSTANDING chance of getting into Georgetown (something like 90%.)

To my thinking, it is an incredibly difficult program where you really have to earn your way. The GEMS my year were the hardest working people I ever met. Many of them are my classmates now and they clearly are going to be great doctors.

As far as what the admissions standards are, I couldn't tell you. There are a few Ex-GEMS floating around the forum from time to time. It is possible one of them will see your post and answer this question.

thanks for your advice galvanifrog~ :)

i just had a few more questions....i was not aware of the GEMS program (thanx for the info)....but are asians considered *minorities* or if you're not considered a minority, does it suffice to come from a disadvantaged background? also....what is the main difference between GEMS and SMP? i'm guessing that SMPs raise your chances of getting into *some* medical school and GEMS raise your chances in getting into *their* medical school (kind of like an early acceptance as long as you meet their requirements in the program)? also, i noticed that the average scores for the GEMS was very low....does that mean applicants with higher stats are most likely not going to qualify for the program? thanks! :laugh:

Hi everyone,
I attended the BU Masters in Medical Sciences Program and think that it's a great way to turn yourself into a competitive candidate. Everyone I know who applied to schools, got in somewhere, and a lot of my classmates ended at BU where they placed out of the classes we already took.
You basically take medical school classes for a year (alongside the med students but you get a grade instead of pass/fail) and then you do a thesis. You can choose a library thesis or a lab thesis. I personally did a laboratory thesis which gives you the opportunity to earn a grade and boost your credentials even more. An A on a masters level research thesis looks pretty good on a resume.
The program was pretty challenging because it's actual med school classes and the Masters class is composed of very smart students competing against each other to earn good grades. Because of that, we actually worked harder than the med students. Of course, it's worth it because your hard work will pay off when you apply to schools later (unless you don't do well). My advice if you do this great program is to focus and work as hard as you can, get to know your professors and don't commit your time to a lot of other activities so you can make sure you get the best grades you can get.
Good luck and if you have questions, let me know.

What's the AMCAS requirement for minimum undergrade GPA to be accepted? I have a 2.5 but have 60 credits left. Haven't done any Science classes yet besides 1 course in Bio100+L which I got a B on and Precal which I failed because I didn't attend class.

I really want to be a Doctor yet I realize I have a lot to overcome. I had a really immature attitude when it came to school and as a result got an abysmal GPA. I got a 3.7 last semester and am looking to get a 4.0 this semester.

I'm interested in applying to a SMP program. Do they count only your repeated grades in GPA cal. Because I plan to repeat 2 classes in which I got a F and a D respectively.

Once accepted into a SMP program it seems that if you can pull off a 4.0 or be in the top 10-15% your almost guranteed a spot in an Allopathic Med School.

It depends where the SMP is done. I suppose that if the SMP is done at an allopathic school- they'll follow the same system as that of the AMCAS- they'll average the grades. If it's done in an osteopathic program (PCOM for example), they'll do what AMCOMAS does and replace the old one.

Theres no guarantee either. I've known people who are in the top 5 of their programs and still havnt gotten in because of a low MCAT or lack of clinical and volunteering experience. An SMP will help adcoms oversee poor undergraduate grades but will not circumvent other deficiencies in your application like those mentioned above. My suggestion is to apply to a broad range of SMPs. There are a few that have minimum GPA cutoffs but may oversee your earlier years if you have a strong trend of grades towards the end. There are also a few that have minimum cutoffs that should emcompass your GPA. Good luck with everything!

So, how many schools should we apply to while in the SMP? I was thinking of applying to 6-7 DO schools and 12-13 MD schools. Also, how do people manage interviews and the rigorous schedule?

-Thanks

For me- I applied to 23 MD schools. Its really dependent upon your own stats but applying broadly is always a good idea. Id say shoot for 10-15+ schools. If you have a good MCAT you can apply to fewer, if you have a poorer MCAT , apply to more. Just keep in mind that you can only apply once a year and its sometimes a crap shoot- so to improve your chances you will want to put yourself out there as much as financially possible, and time permitting. People manage, you just have to plan out your time very well, plan out your flights, and make sure you have your studying done beforehand. Thats why I urge people to apply as early as possible, your interviews will be earlier and wont interfere with finals and exams as much as say, getting interviews later in the season

For me- I applied to 23 MD schools. Its really dependent upon your own stats but applying broadly is always a good idea. Id say shoot for 10-15+ schools. If you have a good MCAT you can apply to fewer, if you have a poorer MCAT , apply to more. Just keep in mind that you can only apply once a year and its sometimes a crap shoot- so to improve your chances you will want to put yourself out there as much as financially possible, and time permitting. People manage, you just have to plan out your time very well, plan out your flights, and make sure you have your studying done beforehand. Thats why I urge people to apply as early as possible, your interviews will be earlier and wont interfere with finals and exams as much as say, getting interviews later in the season

Thanks for the advice:) Right now I have a 30M (11P 8V 11B) and 3.4 science, 3.6 UG, and 4.0 in my MPH. But, I had a bad senior year so my science grades sucked in my major plus a few Ws.

After hearing what you said, I think I definitely will add a few more MD schools to the list. I don't want to wait another year after this year for med schools, so 7 DO schools and 15-23ish MD schools might be my new plan. Time to start saving up...

Personally, I think you have a very strong chance of getting into soemplace if you apply early. good luck and stay in touch!

Hi Braluk
I had some financial questions about the SMP programs. My main concern with these programs is that they are realy expensive and geortown's SMP program does not offer any financial aid. How did you go about this and did you get any financial aid? (not loans). Also, do you know if any SMP programs that are cheaper? In this case, would the reputation of the SMP matter at all if you're taking graduate-leve science courses?

Thanks!

Hi Braluk
I had some financial questions about the SMP programs. My main concern with these programs is that they are realy expensive and geortown's SMP program does not offer any financial aid. How did you go about this and did you get any financial aid? (not loans). Also, do you know if any SMP programs that are cheaper? In this case, would the reputation of the SMP matter at all if you're taking graduate-leve science courses?

Thanks!

From what I know, most people take out loans. But you are still eligible to apply for scholarships via things like Fastweb or the those really small ones that you find in the books at Borders. It takes some work, but I am sure you can find them.

Also, the cheapest SMP that I know of is UMDNJ.

Thanks for the advice Braluk, I definitely will be submitting on the first day. I am considering applying EDP to one of the schools I interviewed at, I reallly liked the school and it might just put me over this damn hump :)

Hi Braluk

Thanks!
My SMP program costs at around 23,000. Drexel's first year of IMS is around the same price but is a two year program (you don't need to finish your second year if you get into medical school). Reputation does matter to a degree, but not as much as what classes you are taking, when you are taking them and how well you do in them.

Do the med school/dental schools offer advanced standing for the classes you took along side med school students? Or will you retake the classes at the Med school?

OP- I asked you this in a PM, then realized I should probably have asked it here in case anyone else was wondering.

Can you apply to both med shools and SMP programs for the same year so that if you don't get in to any med schools you might be able to go into the SMP, but if you do get into med school you can skip it?

Do the med school/dental schools offer advanced standing for the classes you took along side med school students? Or will you retake the classes at the Med school?
This is school dependent. Most likely if you matriculate in the same school you do your SMP in, and you honor or high pass the class, odds are you can probably be exempt from the class. If you matriculate elsewhere, Im pretty certain, for the most part, that you will have to take the class over again. Which isn't a bad thing- many SMPers tend to be TAs and small group leaders even in their first year and you'll be a step ahead of everyone else given that you've taken all the classes already and have extra study materials.

OP- I asked you this in a PM, then realized I should probably have asked it here in case anyone else was wondering.

Can you apply to both med shools and SMP programs for the same year so that if you don't get in to any med schools you might be able to go into the SMP, but if you do get into med school you can skip it?

Ill repost my response to you here:

Absolutely. Its suggested that if your grades are low, that you apply to SMPs when they become available. You should start applying now if you intend to maticulate in the Fall of 2007. If you get into medical school while applying to an SMP, or even after you sent in a deposit, you can still drop the program (some may even offer the deposit refund if you withdraw before a certain date). Good luck!

For Georgetown SMP, if you later go to Georgetown Med, all the classes you've already taken and passed is waived, but you still have to pay 4 years of tuition (same for every SMP program). I believe a few other med schools also waive some classes if you're from Georgetown SMP. Example: I heard that if you go to NYMC, you don't have to take Physiology class.

Keep in mind that schools' curriculum structure can be pretty different and it may not be possible to get advanced standing.

Thanks for this great thread.

Right now I'm in the process of applying to SMP's and was wondering what people used for their PS. Did you guys just use your med school PS? Or do you need to include the actual SMP program in your statement?

Thanks for this great thread.

Right now I'm in the process of applying to SMP's and was wondering what people used for their PS. Did you guys just use your med school PS? Or do you need to include the actual SMP program in your statement?

I haven't applied to med school yet, but I used the personal statement draft I had for amcas and tailored the last paragraph to the specific smp I applied to.

I used my med school PS for the most part. Some had PS's that were smaller in length so I had to cut some stuff out, but I tried to keep it as consistent as much as possible with my medical school apps with a few customizations. I didn't mention the SMP in my personal statement. Some SMP applications had a separate section for this.

thank you! this means i don't have to write another ps! :D

I don't know all the details about the GEMS program, but I can say that you don't have to be a "minority" to get in, people from a disadvantaged background will also be accepted.

GEMS typically will have a more intense classload than SMP's. They have extra classes that will re-present (or preview) all the information from the med school classes. They will have a lot more exams and have a minimum standard on their exams (in med school classes, they must beat the med school mean for the whole course or they are dismissed from the program.) They will take almost all the same med school classes as the SMP's (with the exception of Neuro.)

The advantage is that if they make it to the end of the program, they have an OUTSTANDING chance of getting into Georgetown (something like 90%.)

To my thinking, it is an incredibly difficult program where you really have to earn your way. The GEMS my year were the hardest working people I ever met. Many of them are my classmates now and they clearly are going to be great doctors.

As far as what the admissions standards are, I couldn't tell you. There are a few Ex-GEMS floating around the forum from time to time. It is possible one of them will see your post and answer this question.

Is Georgetown a good program to get into with good grades and MCAT but a failure to get into a medical school? I talked to a few adcoms and they say I'm strong in the academic department but weak in leadership, medical, and volunteering experiences. Would a Masters at Georgetown make up for those deficits? Would I still have a very strong chance of acceptance? (I obviously wouldn't be able to try to fill out those weakness during a year in the master's program given its time demands)

Are there other school that offer equal chances of acceptance?

Ubermu,

Most SMP's (as far as I know, anyway) are not designed to help weaknesses in Extracurricular activities. They are more for weaknesses in your transcript, or, in some cases, your MCAT.

If your only weakness is truly your EC's, I'd guess (without having seen your app, of course) that the SMP would not e the best use of your time (or money) next year.

Good luck. And remember, this application cycle isn't yet over, it is still possible to get in this late in the process, and it happens fairly often (I got three acceptances after April 15 last year.)

Is Georgetown a good program to get into with good grades and MCAT but a failure to get into a medical school? I talked to a few adcoms and they say I'm strong in the academic department but weak in leadership, medical, and volunteering experiences. Would a Masters at Georgetown make up for those deficits? Would I still have a very strong chance of acceptance? (I obviously wouldn't be able to try to fill out those weakness during a year in the master's program given its time demands)

Are there other school that offer equal chances of acceptance?

What kind of SMP GPA do you need to impress the Adcoms? And how hard is it to get such a GPA?

For our class, we were told a 3.5 in the program (which would mean you would average High Pass to Pass in your classes) would give you a very good chance of getting in somewhere that year. An average of 3.0 (which is Passing for all your classes) would give you a great chance of getting in somewhere within two years.

What kind of SMP GPA do you need to impress the Adcoms? And how hard is it to get such a GPA?

Yea, good point, keep in mind that SMP grades are not like UG grades. To get a pass or a high pass is pretty significant and an achievement in and itself. To honor it is even better. Good luck!

Alright so I posted this in a reapplicant thread, but I figured I might get more advice here especially pertaining to SMP's, etc.

So reapplication is becoming more and more probable and I could use some sincere advice...

I'm on one waitlist and I'm still waiting to hear from my state school post-interview.

My stats:
2006 graduate of a "public ivy" undergrad
April 2005 MCAT 29Q (8PS, 11VR, 10BS)
Overall GPA: 3.49 (upward trend 3.1, 3.2, 3.6, 3.9)
BCPM: 3.45 (upward trend 3.2, 3.2, 3.7, 3.9)

ECs:
D1 Varsity Athlete
Sporadic volunteering/tutoring when I could
1 Year UG research
Summer Research at Harvard-affiliated Lab
Currently working full-time as a CNA at a children's hospital (however, started after AMCAS and most secondaries were submitted)

I realize now that I applied a little late (secondaries complete first week of Sept.) and not broad enough (10 schools, mostly top 50's)

I'm wondering what I can do to get an allo acceptance if I have to reapply.
Do I...
Retake MCAT?
Do an SMP or Post-Bacc?
Or just work and shadow some more and apply earlier and more broadly with revamped personal statement, essays, and LOR?

I'd prefer not to retake the MCAT again seeing as I'm now a year out of school and don't have much time to prep.

Would an SMP or post-bacc be worth it if I wouldn't even have any grades until Dec/ Jan?

Any help would be great! I'm totally stressing... I didn't think I'd be in this position.
Thanks

In pre-allo board, one adcomm member (REL) tossed out the suggestion that >3.5 GPA in SMP is good. Of course, that's only one person's opinion. Might be a good question to ask in the Semi-Solicited Advice thread.

Hey DarwinDoc, it sounds like your stats are fairly on point, but if I had to point out the deficiencies in your application, I would say that it would be the MCAT. I think your best source of information are within the adcoms that have rejected you. Usually with your GPA, a high MCAT (at least based on students that have been accepted) would offset your GPA, and vice versa. Ask the adcoms and see what they think. Post again after you get some more information from them.