The Official Guide to the MCAT® Exam, 3rd Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedGrl@2022

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes, very worth it. Great resource. That said, much of the information in there can be found by perusing this site, and older editions are pretty similar but just don't have as updated info (i.e. Writing section, various deadlines, etc)

Yes, very worth it. Great resource. That said, much of the information in there can be found by perusing this site, and older editions are pretty similar but just don't have as updated info (i.e. Writing section, various deadlines, etc)

What about the practice problems/explanations, etc that they claim to have? That is mostly what I am interested in.

Hey, I just got this guide. I feel it doesn't have enough, but I'm sure thankful I got it. The passages are much shorter than those I have seen on BR. The questions are also a bit different. I'm glad I'm able to see questions the AAMC style.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the book as well. It consists of "practice sets" (passages) for each subject. Each practice set has about the same number of questions found in a typical MCAT exam section, so it seems like the book is definitely worth using for good practice.

Just got the book as well. It consists of "practice sets" (passages) for each subject. Each practice set has about the same number of questions found in a typical MCAT exam section, so it seems like the book is definitely worth using for good practice.

Don't know about the 3rd edition but I can tell you from experience that the 1st and 2nd editions of this book had the same exact questions.

The book is useful primarily for those questions.. but it also has basic strategies and the AAMC topic outlines (that can be found online for free).

Buy it with the combo or if you are running dry on AAMC materials. Otherwise, eh.