The Official Happy Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am disgusted by your comment, the Starks made the show.....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This Star Trek Video always makes me smile

[YOUTUBE]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ve4PRaA5y48&feature=plpp[/YOUTUBE]

tumblr_m1d01iwYd61r9os2ao1_500.jpg

Got a retail chain corporate internship for the summer. Free plane flights and hotel every week. And i get paid 6 bucks more that what I makes as a regular intern.

Members don't see this ad :)
happy thoughts, happy thoughts

I am happy today because I just picked up another AR-15 at pre-panic price. Shooting was great to relieve the stress from this boring/depressing pharmacy profession.

I am happy today because I just picked up another AR-15 at pre-panic price. Shooting was great to relieve the stress from this boring/depressing pharmacy profession.

Fighting in a RPG or a first-person shooter has the same effect for me. BTW, who saw the live stream of the PS4 preview tonight? Holy **** balls, I can't wait!!

LOL, June must be the get a new job month. :) Pretty happy as well.

I assume that means congratulations are in order? Lol. Hope it works out great for you, Xiphoid.

Thank you. I'm actually about to turn in my resignation letter and give my 1 month notice today. I got butterflies in my stomach right now, hope the CEO doesn't give me a hard time.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the change of setting. It seems to offer the option of both a lower work-load as well as the possibility of accelerated rise due to a smaller internal candidate pool. After learning the new business, I might post some info on how pharmacy operates in an LTAC hospital.

Got preorders for the PS4 and XB1 today at Gametop. Apparently, I got the last XB1 preorder in their entire district.

I went with 3 PS4s, used game and no internet connectivity play, yes please. First console since PS1 lol. Two to flip to dumb moms and dads and one to keep for myself.

I preordered PS4. I was seriously thinking about getting an Xbox One due to all the next gen hype. I'm getting a Wii U for Super Smash Brothers, so I thought why not just own them all. I think I'll just wait for the price to come down on the XB1 though.

I preordered PS4. I was seriously thinking about getting an Xbox One due to all the next gen hype. I'm getting a Wii U for Super Smash Brothers, so I thought why not just own them all. I think I'll just wait for the price to come down on the XB1 though.

Considering how pissed off everyone is, you might see that sooner than you'd think.

I just buy them all, then I can just not possibly participate in the fanboy nonsense.

Considering how pissed off everyone is, you might see that sooner than you'd think.

I just buy them all, then I can just not possibly participate in the fanboy nonsense.

Yeah, I figured it probably won't be that price for long after all the hate it's getting at the moment. I'm finding it harder to justify owning both the PS4 and XB1 for this next gen though. They're pretty similar in stats, and there's no exclusive games that are coming to XB1 that I'm looking forward to at the moment.

I'm leaning towards PS4 when it comes out. It's $100 cheaper. And Xb1, doesn't it requires you to buy membership? I heard that PS4's cpu/gpu is more powerful than Xb1, although it probably isn't huge.

Yeah, I figured it probably won't be that price for long after all the hate it's getting at the moment. I'm finding it harder to justify owning both the PS4 and XB1 for this next gen though. They're pretty similar in stats, and there's no exclusive games that are coming to XB1 that I'm looking forward to at the moment.

Ryse and Titanfall are two XB1 exclusives that I'm definitely getting at launch. As well as Forza when it arrives.

I'm leaning towards PS4 when it comes out. It's $100 cheaper. And Xb1, doesn't it requires you to buy membership? I heard that PS4's cpu/gpu is more powerful than Xb1, although it probably isn't huge.

It does. If you want to play online, the PS4 requires membership, too, though.

Of the two consoles, the XB1 is definitely more disappointing, but I still think it will be a more premium product than the PS4. It's going to be a total media center while the PS4 will just play games and have video apps like Netflix. The main thing that disappointed me with the PS4 was that they are still using that same damned controller design. Its atrocious and hasn't really changed in 15 years. I started playing The Last of Us a few hours ago and already my hands are cramping up.

It does. If you want to play online, the PS4 requires membership, too, though.

Of the two consoles, the XB1 is definitely more disappointing, but I still think it will be a more premium product than the PS4. It's going to be a total media center while the PS4 will just play games and have video apps like Netflix. The main thing that disappointed me with the PS4 was that they are still using that same damned controller design. Its atrocious and hasn't really changed in 15 years. I started playing The Last of Us a few hours ago and already my hands are cramping up.

I think it's worth the $5 fee monthly for sure.

And streaming Amazon videos I've purchased or free amazon prime on my PS3 has rocked my socks. I've caught up on all the Big Bangs, Fringe, Game of Thrones, etc. via my PS3.

The live preview they streamed really impressed me. The graphics were freaking amazing.

I agree the controller sucks though. When I do six hours straight, my hands hate me.

I guess I'm just annoyed that XB1 is marketing it more as a media hub that can game too. I'm all for PS4, and it being about the games. I don't mind the controller either. :p

As far as PS Plus, you get a ton of free good games. I paid $50 for a year membership, and I've more than made up for it. They just added about $150 worth of free games this month for plus members as well. Not just for PS3 but for the vita too. When I had an xbox gold membership, I didn't get anything for free!

I guess I'm just annoyed that XB1 is marketing it more as a media hub that can game too. I'm all for PS4, and it being about the games. I don't mind the controller either. :p

As far as PS Plus, you get a ton of free good games. I paid $50 for a year membership, and I've more than made up for it. They just added about $150 worth of free games this month for plus members as well. Not just for PS3 but for the vita too. When I had an xbox gold membership, I didn't get anything for free!

Agreed. The free games Sony is going to give with the PS4 will definitely more than make up for the monthly fee.

The PS4 controller is different....the handles are longer, sticks are a bit closer, triggers a bit more spread out....should help with the design. I personally love the original design, though.

The PS4 controller is different....the handles are longer, sticks are a bit closer, triggers a bit more spread out....should help with the design. I personally love the original design, though.

You have big hands. My small lady hands end up doing a lot of stretching.

What games/type of games do you guys like?

Some of my favorites: Mass Effect, Uncharted, Tomb Raider reboot, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Kingdom Hearts, Super Smash Brothers, Okami

yes! got into a rotation site i have so wanted!

What games/type of games do you guys like?

Some of my favorites: Mass Effect, Uncharted, Tomb Raider reboot, Left 4 Dead, Dead Space, Kingdom Hearts, Super Smash Brothers, Okami

Oooh I love uncharted. I play dragon age, elder scrolls, kingdom hearts, ratchet and clank, among others.

Oooh I love uncharted. I play dragon age, elder scrolls, kingdom hearts, ratchet and clank, among others.

woot! dragon age, mass effect, skyrim for the win! Gota have a good story to keep me coming back. I used to like shooters, but lost interest and get too frustrating when you keep get fragged by punkassed 12 year olds.

Got preorders for the PS4 and XB1 today at Gametop. Apparently, I got the last XB1 preorder in their entire district.

I pre-ordered 3 PS4 and and made sure I would get them on Day 1. Two from Gamestop and one from amazon. I dont give two craps about playing video games and my XBOX 360 has barely seen any action but PS4s will bring big money on Ebay/Craglist in the first month. I am anticipating a $500 profit from each system. I am going to preorder 2 more through best buy tomorrow. I just cant bring myself to get an xbox one to flip it on ebay.

I pre-ordered 3 PS4 and and made sure I would get them on Day 1. Two from Gamestop and one from amazon. I dont give two craps about playing video games and my XBOX 360 has barely seen any action but PS4s will bring big money on Ebay/Craglist in the first month. I am anticipating a $500 profit from each system. I am going to preorder 2 more through best buy tomorrow. I just cant bring myself to get an xbox one to flip it on ebay.

You're one of THOSE people...