The Official Happy Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it should be expected with things like this. :laugh:

I know, right?

Sadly, people fall for this **** just so they can shut up their bratty kids at Xmas. Because Xmas is all about giving and being appreciative and following jesus :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey tuition aint cheap! Dont blame me, blame capitalism!

So I downloaded the new Kanye Album. Actually not bad. Like the heavy reliance on synth. He's so full of himself, it amuses me.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They dropped the price on 9 inch nook HD+ to $150. Almost as good as the $99 HP touch pad deal over a year ago. Awesome screen, cyanogen mod out... Tempting.

So I downloaded the new Kanye Album. Actually not bad. Like the heavy reliance on synth. He's so full of himself, it amuses me.

Just got it myself :D
Haven't listened to it though..

Hey tuition aint cheap! Dont blame me, blame capitalism!

Oh child, we haven't had free enterprise since 1913. When the price of your money is set by an offshore cartel you don't have free enterprise, you have communism.

First Plank: Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

Second Plank: A heavy progressive or graduated incometax.

Third Plank: Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

Fourth Plank: CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS.

Fifth Plank: Centralization of credit in the hands of the State

Sixth Plank: Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State

Seventh Plank: Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State

Eighth Plank: Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture.

Ninth Plank: Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country

Tenth Plank: Free education for all children in public schools.

Oh child, we haven't had free enterprise since 1913. When the price of your money is set by an offshore cartel you don't have free enterprise, you have communism.

First Plank: Abolition of property in land and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.

Second Plank: A heavy progressive or graduated incometax.

Third Plank: Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

Fourth Plank: CONFISCATION OF THE PROPERTY OF ALL EMIGRANTS AND REBELS.

Fifth Plank: Centralization of credit in the hands of the State

Sixth Plank: Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State

Seventh Plank: Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State

Eighth Plank: Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies especially for agriculture.

Ninth Plank: Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country

Tenth Plank: Free education for all children in public schools.

Lmfao. We haven't had free enterprise since The Gilded Age. Ha.

The problem I have with free market evangelicals is that they don't realize removing government restrictions just empowers the wealth class. Who would you rather have with power...a worst-case scenario draconian communist government...or a wealth class that answers to nobody? The real question would be...what's the difference?

Free market isn't "freedom" for the masses. It's "freedom" for a select few who can leverage capital and wealth just like North Korea is very much a free state...if you're a member of the Kim family.

I see these people the same way I see idiots that come in and buy crap out of the supplement aisle. It's 100% natural, so it must be good for you. Pretty much the same idiocy libertarians believe. It's "natural."

Still hoping for a sweeping anti-ideologue movement. Know it won't happen. Will continue to be surrounded by idiots. That's life as a human, I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lmfao. We haven't had free enterprise since The Gilded Age. Ha.

The problem I have with free market evangelicals is that they don't realize removing government restrictions just empowers the wealth class. Who would you rather have with power...a worst-case scenario draconian communist government...or a wealth class that answers to nobody? The real question would be...what's the difference?

Free market isn't "freedom" for the masses. It's "freedom" for a select few who can leverage capital and wealth just like North Korea is very much a free state...if you're a member of the Kim family.

I see these people the same way I see idiots that come in and buy crap out of the supplement aisle. It's 100% natural, so it must be good for you. Pretty much the same idiocy libertarians believe. It's "natural."

Still hoping for a sweeping anti-ideologue movement. Know it won't happen. Will continue to be surrounded by idiots. That's life as a human, I suppose.

which is where meritocracy comes in. No ideologues, just rule by the those who are most qualified, limit the power of idiots.

Empires rise and fall because of the quality of the rulers and the quality of the people. As nations becomes wealthier, hard working people gives away to rulers/people who are born with silver spoons in their month, which in turn loses the competitive edge of the nation, and leading to its down fall.

History has repeated itself over and over again. Nobody ever learns. As the old chinese proverb says: wealth doesn't survive 3 generations -- those who created it through hard work/determination --> those who enjoyed the fruit of labor/status quo --> those who squandered it having never known struggle.

As the world globalize, trade becomes more instantanous, the rise and fall of empires will only quicken in pace. The empires of old lasted thousand years, the British empire from industrial revolution last 200, the american empire through 2 world wars has/will last roughly 100... I see a pretty good probability that China will surpass US and install Pax Sina for roughly 50 on the basis of total national productivity and man power. But after that, it will be hard for any empire to last much longer than 50-60 years. The instant global trade means as soon as a country become so powerful and affluent, that it's youngest generation loses that competitive edger, there will be little that both hard (military) and soft (economy) power can maintain itself for long against the the competitive advantage of the next nation whose people are willing to work harder and sacrifice more.

Last edited:
The Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in MLB. As a lifelong Pirates fan that has suffered 20 years of futility, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Or...could this be the year? That they finally make it over .500...

no this is the pirates' year...you suffered long enough

Does money make you happy? It doesn't do it for me. I am making more money than ever but I can't say I am
any more happier than my undergrad days.

Does money make you happy? It doesn't do it for me. I am making more money than ever but I can't say I am

It's going down hill from 25 onward. We all miss those broke-ass but crazy fun sex filled days. Can't wear diaper, just eat, play, sleep all day long forever, and trash things without having to pay for it, hey babies had it made. :naughty:

I am way happier than in college. I was just pissed off the entire time during college. Which is why I thing my posting on this site was so epic during that time frame. It's like I'm retired now. And I'm way happier now that I have a job with less stress. And the increased pay allows me to travel more...which makes me happy.

If rap has taught me anything its more money, more problems.

Isn't there a saying like money can't buy you happiness, but it doesn't hurt either?

try to be happy on an empty stomach, it can't be done. :smuggrin:

I'm happy the hard work I have put in allows me to play golf once a week. Rain or Shine...I play.

I miss the happy thread.....where's the good news?

I want to wish everyone a happy Turkey Day! I hope you get to spend it with your family and friends!

Snagged a pharmacy intern position for a grocery store 4 months after starting P1. I consider that lucky but the extent to how lucky I got, I'll never really know for sure until someone lays it out to me.

I'm pretty happy. Working 20 hours per week while juggling classes keeps me busy all days out of the week, and I like that.

My toddler snuggling me at bedtime, patting my arm and saying "Mommy" in the most adorable voice ever. This is happiness. :love:

Happy I'm almost done with 1st semester of 1PD year.

Want to bring back the happy thread to counter the negativity on this forum.

Got any good news? Post it here

spring break has started! I think I'm going to do some painting with my time off :)

V__B42B.jpg

My First Grandchild​

Reactions: 5 users
where did you go? I have done honduras, and looking for an option for the lady and me

I went to Nicaragua on a trip through UF and Missionary Ventures International. The trip I go on has a mix of medical professionals and students. It is my third year going, first time as a pharmacist though. I asked the person in charge of organizing the trips to send me somewhere else next year. I enjoy Nicaragua but would also enjoy getting to serve/see another area. The likely options for me next year are Honduras or Dominican Republic (or Nicaragua again). We used to have an option for Thailand but we haven't had that trip in 2 years.

How is Honduras?

Reactions: 1 user