***The Official Harvard Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Troyvdg

Dentistry not Debtistry
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Seemed like this thread was never going to get made, so I thought I'd take the initiative .
I'm an incoming D1, so any questions you have about the application process I can answer, questions about the school..well can't answer them yet because we haven't started.

Good Luck to all those applying! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Seemed like this thread was never going to get made, so I thought I'd take the initiative .
I'm an incoming D1, so any questions you have about the application process I can answer, questions about the school..well can't answer them yet because we haven't started.

Good Luck to all those applying! :thumbup:

thanks for starting this thread.
do you know roughly around when the first batch of interviews get sent out? thanks

thanks for starting this thread.
do you know roughly around when the first batch of interviews get sent out? thanks
End of September is when I heard back from them. They have a small office, so it takes a little longer than most schools. First round of interviews started in October.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is the only school that still hasn't given me a status update on the AADSAS website...did anyone get any updates from here?

They sent me an application received email and stated that they will not post statuses on the applicant portal.

Just got an email saying my app is complete and that it has been forwarded to the adcom for review.

Just got an email saying my app is complete and that it has been forwarded to the adcom for review.
when did you submit your application/when was it considered complete?

This is the only school that still hasn't given me a status update on the AADSAS website...did anyone get any updates from here?
@jlee110 HSDM does not use the AADSAS portal for any updates. If you are curious about the status of your application, I would call or email.

when did you submit your application/when was it considered complete?

App/check submitted July 10th, mailed out July 18th. App Received email July 21st. LOR committee letter received to AADSAS the 24th, so I'm assuming complete on the 24th

Just got application complete and fowarded to committee email right now. Submitted on July 25, LOR in on august 1.

Does anyone know when they start sending out interview invites? Also how many interviews they hand out?

Don't take what I am saying as fact but I believe that interviews are sent out maybe in the next few weeks. It varies regarding the number given but I think it generally hovers around 100. Like I stated earlier, these answers might not be perfectly accurate because the process is at the discretion of the committee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received an invite today for Oct 30!! Couldn't be happier. I sincerely hope everyone else on here is able to get one as well. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Received an invite today for Oct 30!! Couldn't be happier. I sincerely hope everyone else on here is able to get one as well. Good luck!
Wow amazing!! congrats! would you mind maybe sharing your stats? And when you received your "application complete" email? Thanks!

Thank you. I appreciate it. I received an email from them on 6/30 saying they has received my application. Here are some stats to help for comparisons. Believe me, if I can get one, so can you!

oGPA/BCP: 3.57/3.84
AA/TS/PAT/Below 17: 23/24/22/none

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. I appreciate it. I received an email from them on 6/30 saying they has received my application. Here are some stats to help for comparisons. Believe me, if I can get one, so can you!

oGPA/BCP: 3.57/3.84
AA/TS/PAT/Below 17: 23/24/22/none

Hope that helps. Good luck to everyone.
Not sure this makes a difference or anything, but do you mean you got the "app received" email on 6/30 or "app complete" email? Because I got two emails, one for receiving the AADSAS application , and one for application complete lol.

Got a phone call today when I was in another interview! Beyond shocked.. I think I scheduled mine for October 23rd

Thank you. I appreciate it. So, I'm not sure when
Got a phone call today when I was in another interview! Beyond shocked.. I think I scheduled mine for October 23rd
Congrats!! Hope it goes well!

I missed a call from them while I was in another interview also! By the time I checked my voicemail they were closed.. Looks like I'll have to wait until Monday.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh man here comes the interviews! Hoping for the best!

has anyone gotten the email with the supplemental yet?

nope, if you get an interview you get a supplemental questionnaire

October 23rd.. but I might ask to switch to the 24th. I was a bit overwhelmed on the phone and just picked a random day haha

YESSS!!!!!!!!1! interview october 24 2014:happy:!

October 23rd.. but I might ask to switch to the 24th. I was a bit overwhelmed on the phone and just picked a random day haha
This happened to me too, I was so happy/nervous/overwhelmed that I picked a random day. Did you end up rescheduling? If so, are they ok with it? I am nervous it might look bad to reschedule. I think I'm getting paranoid...

This happened to me too, I was so happy/nervous/overwhelmed that I picked a random day. Did you end up rescheduling? If so, are they ok with it? I am nervous it might look bad to reschedule. I think I'm getting paranoid...
I thought that initially too, but in their email it said call if you need to reschedule. Turned out they couldn't accommodate my request, so I'm just sticking with the 23rd.

I've considered adding Harvard, but I'm curious if at this late in the game, it'd even be worth it. Does anybody have any timeline information that may suggest whether I should apply or do not apply this late?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Wow! Good job and definitely good luck at your interview!
Do you also have research experience? I've been hearing from others that Harvard, UCSF, etc. that research is critical for an interview at such schools.

Do you also have research experience? I've been hearing from others that Harvard, UCSF, etc. that research is critical for an interview at such schools.
You quoted the wrong post, I didn't apply to Harvard but I think research is very important for them.

I've considered adding Harvard, but I'm curious if at this late in the game, it'd even be worth it. Does anybody have any timeline information that may suggest whether I should apply or do not apply this late?

Thank you!
When I was choosing an interview date, the earliest they had was mid Nov. So I'm guessing they've pretty much filled pre-dec interviews by now, or they are close to it.

When I was choosing an interview date, the earliest they had was mid Nov. So

I'm guessing they've pretty much filled pre-dec interviews by now, or they are close to it.

Thanks for this. I decided not to apply... I remembered why I didn't do so in the first place (calc credits).

Got an interview!!
I actually missed their call because I was at another interview... then called them back repeatedly and nobody answered. My roommates suggested it was a prank :laugh: but nope, it was real :clap: I'm interviewing Nov. 13th.

My stats: GPA 3.67, science 3.62
AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR: 24/22/24/29/22

I've done research for a few years but nothing really impressive... But I am an international student, so to the other internationals who lose hope before trying, don't let anyone tell you it's impossible! :thumbup:

My application mail out date was 6/27, but because my school sends out a committee letter no earlier than mid August :grumpy: I got the app complete e-mail from Harvard on 8/18.

Invited for an interview today!!! Application complete 7/1

got the call friday and i'm beyond excited! interviewing 11/14. app was complete 7/18

Congrats! Did you have a lot of research experience? I applied with zero research so I'm not really expecting much

i have zero research experience too and i got the call, so it shouldn't be a dealbreaker for you