****The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

ktran17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get their check cashed? Mine was cashed on 06/28 according to my bank. I'm a little concern because from past Harvard threads, they normally don't start cashing until late July and early August.

I sent my check to:

Harvard School of Dental Medicine
DMD Program
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston MA 02115

The check was also designated to HSDM.

I'm slightly concerned because my check could have been cashed by another dept by mistake.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
At worst you could send them an email, although I don't think you have anything to worry about, their address is fairly specific.

I sent Harvard's and USC's check at the same time. USC has cashed mine, but Harvard still hasn't

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anybody received any email? like saying application has been received or anything?

My check was cashed about two weeks ago. Give it time - they usually don't start to review applications until late july/early august.

As a person with 23 DAT, applying here would be a pure waste of money but regardless i submitted it. Lol

As a person with 23 DAT, applying here would be a pure waste of money but regardless i submitted it. Lol

last year harvard's DAT AA's ranged from 19-28
people with high DAT scores get flat out rejected by a lot of places.

:laugh: Great! Now you're entitled to some braggin' rights. "Yeah I applied to Harv." Use it wisely, pua:cool:

Is a 23 considered low at Harvard? Their average is 22...

Nope 23.2 AA and their avg gpa was 3.85 last yr. i hear a guy with 25AA and 3.85 from Columbia getting rejected just 2 wks after submission lol

Nope 23.2 AA and their avg gpa was 3.85 last yr. Both my numbers are lower and my exps are not impressive enough to them. I only have 2 yr long research at nih, letter from nidcr dentist, 1 yr ling big bro big sis, president of community service club, 3 yr long homeless clinic volunteering.

It sounds like you just need some more confidence in your app....your stats are good...but you already know that

DAT and GPA aren't everything..people with high stats get denied and people with lower stats get accepted...

Last edited:
Based on what I've heard from applicants who've been accepted to HSDM in previous years, Harvard is very interested in stories, personal experiences, and an overall well-rounded class. Even those with high stats said they believe their numbers weren't the sole reason they were accepted to HSDM.

Based on what I've heard from applicants who've been accepted to HSDM in previous years, Harvard is very interested in stories, personal experiences, and an overall well-rounded class. Even those with high stats said they believe their numbers weren't the sole reason they were accepted to HSDM.

thanks for the input :thumbup:

side note, my check still hasn't been cashed. Aside from ktran, has anybody else's?

Members don't see this ad :)

theyre interested in stories? that's why their avg stats are freakishly high?

Harvard cashed in my check today. But I have not been directly contacted by them yet.

My check hasnt been cashed, I sent it about 10 days ago....

I sent mine in 3 weeks ago, and it was cashed last week.

I called them today, they said an email will be sent out with the status of each part of your app in August-when they begin processing applications. Until then, don't worry if your check isn't cashed...at least that's what they told me.

They just sent out an email regarding a timeline of processing applications

They just sent me an email that I still need to send my $75 check even though I already sent it and they cashed it two weeks ago. What should I do?

Just received two emails from them today.

Email #1: Notification that my application has been received

Email #2: Informing me my application is complete and has been sent to the committee for review :)

They just sent me an email that I still need to send my $75 check even though I already sent it and they cashed it two weeks ago. What should I do?

same here! My check was cashed last week i believe. and they said that i did not turn it in. I am thinking of calling them.

Email #2: Informing me my application is complete and has been sent to the committee for review :)

+1
...and I was second batch :thumbup:

I just sent them an email. Someone should try calling.

I called an hour ago and left a message. Have not heard back yet.

Me too! I was first batch.

Was in the Boston area yesterday and visited Harvard dental school.

It's so... REGAL! :thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you that received an email saying your fee was not paid, but you in fact did pay the fee, did you ever follow up with Harvard and hear anything about it? I called but have not heard back yet.

For those of you that received an email saying your fee was not paid, but you in fact did pay the fee, did you ever follow up with Harvard and hear anything about it? I called but have not heard back yet.

I sent them an email that same day I was talking to you, and they still did not respond to me.

Maybe someone else can try giving a call to see what is the issue here?

The School will be away for about two weeks hence they won't start processing apps until August. So until then we will just have to wait for them to match up checks with applications etc. But because no application will be reviewed until staff returns no one will be losing traction essentially.

The School will be away for about two weeks hence they won't start processing apps until August. So until then we will just have to wait for them to match up checks with applications etc. But because no application will be reviewed until staff returns no one will be losing traction essentially.

how do you know this?

Received an app complete email

ready to get rejected by this hooottt chix :p

you think then you sink. You make your move whether you hear yes or get your face slapped..

4th batch here. Also received the app complete email.

4th batch, app complete.

Ready to be rejected by Harvard a 2nd time.

4th batch, app complete.

hey just wondering, since you said "a 2nd time," with those amazing stats, you are applying to d schools again?? This is my first time applying and my DAT scores are lower than yours 24 and 23 but still these are high.

hey just wondering, since you said "a 2nd time," with those amazing stats, you are applying to d schools again?? This is my first time applying and my DAT scores are lower than yours 24 and 23 but still these are high.

Maybe he/she applied to Harvard for college?

Got email saying app is complete today. Dat upload 8/1

Yeah I meant first time being undergrad, haha.

Don't freak out just yet.

Are my scores competitive for this school? 25/25/30PAT 3.63 sci and 3.73
Overall gpas. Thoughts?

Lol duh? It doesn't get better than that. Congrats on your score btw :thumbup:

Thanks because I was getting mixed reviews about getting into a different school that has a bit stricter out of state regulations (around 5 OOS spots).

4th batch, app complete.

I was admitted to Harvard for undergrad but didn't accept. Do you think that will hurt my chances of getting an interview? :/

4th batch, app complete.

You think you'd get rejected with those scores? Also, how much does the secondary app cost?

Assuming you already sent Harvard a check when you sent out your AADSAS app, nothing.

Nope I haven't applied. Took my test late and my DAT wouldn't have been good enough before so I didn't send it to Harvard.