****The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Does anyone know how heavily weighed the high school transcript is? Not gonna lie, didn't do so hot in high school....lol

From what I heard in my interview, I'm pretty sure it's only used to verify AP credit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
From what I heard in my interview, I'm pretty sure it's only used to verify AP credit.
yup. They told me as long as you have it sent in before you matriculate you're fine....aka, its not even used in the decision process, just used to verify course requirements.

Congratulations to all the newly accepted students into the HSDM Class of 2018!

My name is Patrick Vaughn, the 2017 class president. We have created a facebook page for newly accepted students of the class to connect with current first year students. Please feel free to join the page and ask any questions you might have.

Congrats again!
Patrick

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a call? The suspense is killing me!!

Seriously, I have reloaded this page every 10 min for the past two hours...

Reactions: 1 users
I've been clutching my phone since 6am for this one. Hoping we hear back soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Get by the phone! Just got the call!!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call as well! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

Just when I was about to head out the door and make some laps at the local ski resort, got the call from Anne Berg. Totally stoked to be moving to Boston!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just when I was about to head out the door and make some laps at the local ski resort, got the call from Anne Berg. Totally stoked to be moving to Boston!
GOT THE CALL TOO! glad we were able to meet potential future classmate.

Reactions: 3 users
Phone call!!!! Boston bound!

Did anyone have an interview in mid/late November and get an acceptance?

Last edited:
For those of you who had completed the supplementary questionnaire, how many pages did you end up with including the basic info/signature pages? The email says 3, but I'm not sure if this means 3 pages total, or 3 extra pages solely for the questions..

Last edited:
For those who had completed the supplementary questionnaire, how many pages did you end up with including the basic info/signature pages? The email says 3, but I'm not sure if this means 3 pages total, or 3 extra pages solely for the questions..
4 including signature page

I had 4 total too, didn't have a problem.

Just had my interview there. For those of you who still need to interview, please do yourself a favor and CHILL. Most relaxed, stress free experience I've had. This school based on atmosphere alone is already at the top of my list. If it only had cali weather, I'd pick it in a heartbeat hands down.

Also, yes the clinical reputation is a big myth. Harvard grads do just fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I havent heard back... how long did it take you guys to hear back after the app complete email?

Did anyone else get the wait list letter?

Did Dr. Berg specifically mention the word, "waitlist"?
I got an email from Dr. Berg on Dec 2nd explaining that the adcom has not finished my app's review therefore no decision has been made.

Last edited:
Yes, it had the word "wait list" on it. The first page was a letter letting me know they can't offer me a position in the class at this time, and the second page had me fill out a wait list response form (accepting or denying my position on the wait list) so I can send it back.

Did Dr. Berg specifically mention the word, "waitlist"?
I got an email from Dr. Berg on Dec 2nd explaining that the adcom has not finished my app's review therefore no decision has been made.

Did the email say anything about when they would update you on their decision?

On my interview day (12/6) Dr. Berg said she would try to let us know if our app is either still under review or if we are accepted/waitlisted/rejected in 2 weeks, so around next Friday 12/20.

Maybe you guys will also be notified in that wave.

Last edited:
On my interview day (12/6) Dr. Berg said she would try to let us know if our app is either still under review or if we are accepted/waitlisted/rejected in 2 weeks, so around next Friday 12/20.

Maybe you guys will also be notified in that wave.

So hopefully we hear something by the end of tomorrow!

Just got the call! See you all in the fall!

Me too!!!! So excited to meet all of you

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed December 13! What about you? You and I both go to michigan!

I'm interviewing in January, and have zero research experience.

Did anyone take Harvard up on the host offer? Where did everyone end up staying?

I would highly recommend staying with a host. You get to stay at the Vanderbilt dorm which is where 70% of first year students stay and also on the night before the interview, there was a pizza dinner in the dorm for the interviewees and you get to meet a lot of current students and plus you save money on hotels

well, this would be my last day waiting before sending my deposit to Penn to keep my Dean's Merit.

Happy holidays to everyone. Would anyone that's interviewed at HSDM please let me know how it went? Were there any *weird* questions or questions designed to throw you off? I'm pretty nervous since it's Harvard and all.

Happy holidays to everyone. Would anyone that's interviewed at HSDM please let me know how it went? Were there any *weird* questions or questions designed to throw you off? I'm pretty nervous since it's Harvard and all.
Such a chill interview. They already know your file very well; questions are based on your experiences and things they want to know about you.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I am applying NEXT cycle and I've been looking at schools this winter break. I don't know if I should apply to Harvard because I feel like it's a school that pays a lot of attention to RC? My stats are: AA 23 TS 24 PAT 22 GPA 3.98 sGPA 4.0 but my RC is 19. I am, though, taking some courses every semester that are reading/writing intensive and I will be working on a 45-60 page honors thesis in my senior year. Help?

Hey everyone, I am applying NEXT cycle and I've been looking at schools this winter break. I don't know if I should apply to Harvard because I feel like it's a school that pays a lot of attention to RC? My stats are: AA 23 TS 24 PAT 22 GPA 3.98 sGPA 4.0 but my RC is 19. I am, though, taking some courses every semester that are reading/writing intensive and I will be working on a 45-60 page honors thesis in my senior year. Help?

I'd give it a shot. Doesn't hurt to apply.

Just withdrew my spot, good luck to those still interviewing :)

Any news from the school for the January interviewees? I remember them saying that there would be a committee meeting last week-ish, but haven't heard back yet..

Any news from the school for the January interviewees? I remember them saying that there would be a committee meeting last week-ish, but haven't heard back yet..

I interviewed there around mid-Jan, and haven't heard back either!

I interview mid-december... also haven't heard anything. Keeping my hopes up!

I interviewed on 12/6. Received a waitlist notification postmarked on 12/18 through snail mail. From the letter, it seemed like waitlisted applicants are deemed qualified to be admitted, but not overqualified for them to accept right away. Thinking about sending them a letter of intent sometime mid-february.

I interviewed a few weeks ago and it was not stressful like the others have said. Don't know what the outcome will be but for those with interviews in February, good luck and just review your application/secondary :)

man...i really want to hear back from this school. anyone know when january interviewees will hear back?