****The Official Howard University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

ghp06c

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New thread for Howard University Class of 2019. Post any questions/updates for HUCD.

Best of luck to all the applicants!!

Members don't see this ad.

So we have to send the secondary after submitting the app to AADSAS? :wow:

yea, it says on Howard's site that you should get an email once ur app is received.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, make that just an application fee ($75). Howard doesn't ask for a secondary app

Has anyone heard from Howard yet? Like a confirmation that they received your app?

Nope, not at all.

EDIT: JK...They literally JUST sent me an email saying I should pay my application fee.

Last edited:
yep, just got the same email! :) ...here we go!

How long do they take before they conduct interviews and does anyone know if anyone got into HOWARD with low DAT score???

Checked my app last night, my status was updated to "under review" :). I sent my app fee in last week. Anyone else heard anything?

Checked my app last night, my status was updated to "under review" :). I sent my app fee in last week. Anyone else heard anything?

Same! *Praying Hands* Emoji

Reactions: 1 user
*fingers crossed* for an invite! :)

@Jamela24: looking back at previous classes the admissions committee starts sending out interview invites around mid-September.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long do they take before they conduct interviews and does anyone know if anyone got into HOWARD with low DAT score???
on Howards website it says no DAT score below 18, but from the previous posts from the class of 2018- it looks like people were accepted who had 17's in some sections. I guess it just depends on the other areas of your app ;)..i would call the admin office and ask them about your specific scores

just got the email saying that Howard received my app fee!! anybody else hear anything? :)

Did anyone else get the email notification that Howard received the app fee? I sent my check out a couple of weeks ago and still have not heard anything from them. Is anyone else in the same boat? I just hope my check wasn't lost...

Edit: NVM, I got a receipt in the mail.

I do have another question for you guys though, regarding the Human Anatomy pre-req. It says on their website that you need 6 semester hours of Human Anatomy, this means that you need to do Human Anatomy I and II, right? I am having a problem finding a school that offers 2 semesters of Human Anatomy. Is this just me? I can only find Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II classes....

Last edited:
I recieved email saying they have recieved my application fee...it was couple days after I sent it

@mimachu: Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II satisfy the 6 semester hour prerequisite requirement.

Reactions: 1 users
One more question, does anyone know what the LOR requirement is for Howard? I couldn't find any info on their website...

One more question, does anyone know what the LOR requirement is for Howard? I couldn't find any info on their website...

you can submit either three individual letters, or one committee letter

If you decide to get three LORs over the committee letter, preferably two come from science faculty and one from a dentist you shadowed/volunteered with.

Reactions: 1 users
If you decide to get three LORs over the committee letter, preferably two come from science faculty and one from a dentist you shadowed/volunteered with.

Do you think it's ok if you got two from science professors and one from a non-science professor instead of a dentist?

Do you think it's ok if you got two from science professors and one from a non-science professor instead of a dentist?

I would definitely contact the admissions committee in regards to that. The majority of schools prefer the applicants to submit a LOR from a dentist because it is really the only way to confirm the hours you put down on your application.

Has anyone's app on AADSAS update yet? Mine is still "under review". Anyone with a "complete"?

Has anyone's app on AADSAS update yet? Mine is still "under review". Anyone with a "complete"?

If you have "under review" on your application, then it is complete. The next change you will see will be "invited for interview."

If you have "under review" on your application, then it is complete. The next change you will see will be "invited for interview."
Hei do you know this with such certainty ?, I'm not trying to say you are wrong , by I'm just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hei do you know this with such certainty ?, I'm not trying to say you are wrong , by I'm just curious

I should have mentioned this in my statement: your application is complete once Howard sends you confirmation of the $75 secondary fee. A applicant must alsohave all the other necessary information/documents that Howard request in your application as well.

Some of my knowledge comes from going through the application process last year . Also, I am in the class of 2018 (D1 student) at Howard.

I am a bit worried because Howard never sent me a confirmation email stating they received my app fee. I only got a receipt for my certified mail. I called them, but keep getting the answering machine. I left a message and also emailed them, but haven't heard anything back...

I should have mentioned this in my statement: your application is complete once Howard sends you confirmation of the $75 secondary fee. A applicant must alsohave all the other necessary information/documents that Howard request in your application as well.

Some of my knowledge comes from going through the application process last year . Also, I am in the class of 2018 (D1 student) at Howard.
Thank you very much. That would do it :). Anyways. I did get my conformation email and my file is under review. Would you please mind sharing stats , URM or not, and when you got your invite ? I have an oGPA of 3.15 and 3.06 science (graduate GPA is 3.75). And 20AA. Good Extracurriculars.

I am a bit worried because Howard never sent me a confirmation email stating they received my app fee. I only got a receipt for my certified mail. I called them, but keep getting the answering machine. I left a message and also emailed them, but haven't heard anything back...

The administration has been very busy due to the incoming D1's orientation week, which is most likely the reason for the no response.

The administration has been very busy due to the incoming D1's orientation week, which is most likely the reason for the no response.
Thanks for the info! what were ur stats? if you dont mind my asking ;)

Has anyone heard anything?? My application/secondary/ everything was complete in mid July. Still haven't heard anything. I'm a VA resident

I looked at some other threads and it looked like howard didn't start sending out invites until mid to late September. So hopefully we'll start seeing some action within the next 2 weeks

Any news folks? I'm surprise that howard hasn't send invitations out. How long do we have to wait? Nonetheless I guess we will all smile at the end of the day: Patience is Virtue.

yes i recieved one for september 30th. Im from Louisiana.

i recieved one today by email.My aadsas hasnt changed

good for you :). Wishing you all the best in your interviews. Pls share your thoughts on Howard, interview tips, etc... after ur interview.