****The Official Howard University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was accepted on the 1st and might be declining my offer I am just waiting to hear from my other school ( had an interview on dec 1st with UIC) because that was my 1st choice. Not to get me wrong i loved Howard! I just really want to stay in my home state!

Good luck everyone on the wait-list! I know your struggle:nod:.

Good luck with UIC. I was waitlisted as well and wanted to know the same thing as TEETHTOOTH

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted on the 1st and might be declining my offer I am just waiting to hear from my other school ( had an interview on dec 1st with UIC) because that was my 1st choice. Not to get me wrong i loved Howard! I just really want to stay in my home state!

Good luck everyone on the wait-list! I know your struggle:nod:.
Good luck! I hope you get into your top choice!

FYI..... I decided to accept admission to another dental school. I just sent Howard U my declination email, so a seat will open for someone. I wish you all much success in dental school next year.

Members don't see this ad :)
So just when I thought that I wasn't going to be able to attend an HBCU Howard sent me an invitation for an interview! Glory be to god! Has anyone else gotten a post December interview?

Anyone get a rejection without interview yet? I've heard nothing from them since application complete.

Reactions: 1 users
I got a post-dec invite today...

I haven't gotten any emails from Howard and have been trying to contact admission, but no answer. I emailed, too... I just want to know my application status.

Hi does anyone know if Howard is still sending interview invites?

EDIT: Woops just saw mimachu's post, I'll keep an eye out in my e-mail then.

My stat is GPA 3.59 with DAT is 19. I finished my application around mid July. But I haven't heard anything from Howard. Do y'all think I have a chance at Howard?

Yeah but I would try to call them or email Mrs. Nixon to find out what's going on if nothing on your ADDSAS had changed.

I emailed the school many times but no one replied back. I also called but nobody answered the phone, so I left voicemail back. Still I haven't heard any thing back.

I was interviewed and accepted into my top choice school AFTER i gave Howard my deposit! Ahh well i will be notifying Howard that I will be declining their offer. Its bitter sweet because i really did like the school and loved the students. Anyway an additional spot will open up for someone else after i notify them. Good luck everyone, for those that haven't heard back yet, stay encouraged! There is still plenty of time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed the school many times but no one replied back. I also called but nobody answered the phone, so I left voicemail back. Still I haven't heard any thing back.
I emailed them too, and haven't heard a word from them. Every other school I have emailed has responded to me except them. Would love to have, at least, an acknowledgment of my existence at this point.

Yeah. The last email I received from the school is that they received my money order..

I had given up hope on receiving an interview because I never was able to reach anyone when I called and when I e mailed there was no response but miraculously I received an invite today for feb 25! Keep the faith! It's not over yet :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm a super late applicant. I'm also super nervous. I received an email Feb 9th about receiving my $75 fee. Soooo the waiting begins....

I'm a super late applicant. I'm also super nervous. I received an email Feb 9th about receiving my $75 fee. Soooo the waiting begins....
Let us know when you hear from them. I applied in July and I'm still waiting. Good luck.

Me too. I applied in July too. Still haven't heard anything back from them. Called them and left many voicemails, but still they never called me back .

I just went to my interview yesterday and was accepted while waiting for my flight home!

Reactions: 2 users
me too! hey tara! it's ginger! lol

I was accepted as well. Very excited!! I noticed that there are only about 43 people joined on the Facebook group, i'm not sure if people haven't joined that group yet or if they still have a lot of seats open. if you haven't joined, be sure to do so! I would love to start putting faces to everyone lol

I got a conditional acceptance that required I retake the DAT before January 30th and I did but I still have t heard anything back. Has anyone had a similar situation? Have you heard back yet? It still says offer made on my AADSAS account.

I got a conditional acceptance that required I retake the DAT before January 30th and I did but I still have t heard anything back. Has anyone had a similar situation? Have you heard back yet? It still says offer made on my AADSAS account.
I would say visit them at school if you can and ask them about it.
I heard they don't pick up phones.

Call them early in the mornings. Around 10am you'll have the best luck getting in touch with them

Hello Everyone,

I am a fourth year medical student ( currently attending Howard Med in Washington D.C).
I am moving away for residency and have a 1 bedroom available in a 3 BD apartment located in Downtown Silver Spring Maryland. Living with you is a rising third year medical student and MS4/ rising anesthesiology intern (both females). Looking for another roommate (preferably female & student). Lease starts June 1st.

Rent is $713/month, including all utilities, free parking, free 24 hr gym, gated community in Silver Spring. Metro accessible (10 mins walking distance). 20 minutes to school by car. Fully furnished apartment except the available room.

We are looking for someone who is respectful, reasonably clean, and drug/smoke-free. We prefer a howard medical student because the other two roommates are also from Howard family. We have this tradition where we try our best to support each other ( books, med school tips, step 1 advice, etc.) and so it's great if we have another howard member to join us!

Please message me ASAP if you are interested! ( and to see pictures).

cleardot.gif

Dropped my seat last week! Good luck to those waiting!

Hello everyone! I am looking for a female roommate. If you interested, please let me know. I found a place close to HU and I will give you all the detail and location.

you guys are lucky.
i've been trying to reach out to anyone in admissions for months, via phone and email - no response to anything.
they've never acknowledged my supplemental application fee.

Received an invitation for an interview recently, keep hope alive! I will be declining it though

Does Howard want Bio chem 1 and 2 now?
Also, is Biology 1 and 2 not a required requirement ?