****The Official Howard University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

lol I know how you feel, my mom would have me stay at home if she could but Howard is not within commuting distance as it is a few states away. Good luck with convincing your dad though! But I forgot about the Metro! That is a good way to avoid the traffic. I'll have to see if any apartments offer easy access to the Metro. Howard has a Metro stop on campus right?
Yeah the metro is actually 5 mins away from the school if you walk!! And someone told me that you can always ask security to walk with you if you feel unsafe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah the metro is actually 5 mins away from the school if you walk!! And someone told me that you can always ask security to walk with you if you feel unsafe

Oh that is awesome! I will definitely be looking into more places by the Metro. Hopefully DC public transportation is better than my state's, as it is always late. :/

Oh that is awesome! I will definitely be looking into more places by the Metro. Hopefully DC public transportation is better than my state's, as it is always late. :/
I know it will definitely be a rough two years!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a lot of places that are pretty close to the metro and also allow pets. I need to bring my pet too so I've been looking into that, but a lot charge a monthly rent for the pet, usually around $30.

There are a lot of places that are pretty close to the metro and also allow pets. I need to bring my pet too so I've been looking into that, but a lot charge a monthly rent for the pet, usually around $30.

Yeah, I had no idea places charged monthly for a pet and per pet at that! :( I don't understand why but it is worth it to bring my pets with me! But I did noticed that a lot of the apartments I already marked down as pet friendly were actually close to the Metro which is pretty awesome. :) I like to have the option of driving and taking public transportation.

Yeah, I had no idea places charged monthly for a pet and per pet at that! :( I don't understand why but it is worth it to bring my pets with me! But I did noticed that a lot of the apartments I already marked down as pet friendly were actually close to the Metro which is pretty awesome. :) I like to have the option of driving and taking public transportation.
That's what I want to be able to do, depending on the traffic; howard has student parking, I think it's like $300 for a year which isn't bad at all

That's what I want to be able to do, depending on the traffic; howard has student parking, I think it's like $300 for a year which isn't bad at all
Is that undergraduate parking though? When I had my interview, Dr. Winfree said there wasn't dental student parking on the campus

Anyone receive their student ID yet?

Nope, kind of not surprised we haven't gotten it yet. I think i'll give them a call monday

no success getting through when i called today

no success getting through when i called today
apparently, the school has been closed because of snow and had just reopened. Im sure theyre very behind and is trying to catch up

got a quick question for you guys.
FOr Howard, is it okay if I take physics at a CC or every science class has to be from a university?

Members don't see this ad :)
got a quick question for you guys.
FOr Howard, is it okay if I take physics at a CC or every science class has to be from a university?
I don't think they like have a requirement that says it needs to be at a university, but most dental schools suggest that you take your required classes at your university. Otherwise, it looks like you couldn't handle it at a university so you decided to take it at CC for it to be easier.

I don't think they like have a requirement that says it needs to be at a university, but most dental schools suggest that you take your required classes at your university. Otherwise, it looks like you couldn't handle it at a university so you decided to take it at CC for it to be easier.
ohhhh okay. Cuz my school doesn't offer algebra based physics, only engineering physics and with me working and being a BBA major it was conflicting with my other classes. I'll call admissions and ask.
Thanks

ohhhh okay. Cuz my school doesn't offer algebra based physics, only engineering physics and with me working and being a BBA major it was conflicting with my other classes. I'll call admissions and ask.
Thanks
You could always take it at another 4-year college or university over the summer or something! At my school, a lot of students are from Northern VA so some of them take classes at GWU and George Mason during the summer. See what admissions says, but I think that would be a better option than community college.

Word on the street is that Howard should be setting out interviews again soon? Does anyone have any update??

Word on the street is that Howard should be setting out interviews again soon? Does anyone have any update??
They just sent out more acceptances January 26th. Deadline for the deposit is February 26th. I'm thinking more interview invites will be going at toward the end of February/early March.

Reactions: 2 users
They just sent out more acceptances January 26th. Deadline for the deposit is February 26th. I'm thinking more interview invites will be going at toward the end of February/early March.
Out*

That's great to hear! I've been under review since 8/20. No news yet. All i heard back from them was "You do not need to retake the DAT..." back in August. Do you know the class size?

I think the class size is either 80 or 85 from what i remember

Ive been under review since June, and i haven't heard anything yet.
I emailed them, I called them, but no response

Reactions: 1 users
Same here! This was one of my top schools, especially since I'm African American. Thankfully I got into my other three dream schools, but I was really surprised that I heard nothing from them since Aug....:shrug:

Does Howard have a supplemental app or just the fee? I emailed them and they said that they received my fee but never answered my question about the app..

Does Howard have a supplemental app or just the fee? I emailed them and they said that they received my fee but never answered my question about the app..
There is no supplemental only the fee

Hey, I received an invite for an interview today via email
Hope the update helps

Reactions: 2 users
Good Luck!

Thank you :)

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Hey, I took the DAT January of last year so don't recall my score completely. If I remember properly, it ranged from 19-21. My undergrad gpa isn't that competitive so I'm currently in a post bacc program with a 3.7

I applied late October (for anyone curious about the date I submitted my application)

Has anyone else filled out their FAFSA yet? I submitted mine but i am not sure about the grad plus loan application. I dont know when we should fill that out especially, since it asked for the award year and only option good enough was 2015-2016 but i need 2016-2017

Has anyone else filled out their FAFSA yet? I submitted mine but i am not sure about the grad plus loan application. I dont know when we should fill that out especially, since it asked for the award year and only option good enough was 2015-2016 but i need 2016-2017

I filled out my FAFSA already but I have yet to do anything about the Grad Plus Loan. For some odd reason the HUCD Financial Aid Website says not to apply for the Grad Plus Loan until July 1st. Here is the link to the website http://hucdfinancialaid.webs.com/after-you-apply it has more information about the Grad Plus Loan pertaining to HUCD and other information about financial aid.

I filled out my FAFSA already but I have yet to do anything about the Grad Plus Loan. For some odd reason the HUCD Financial Aid Website says not to apply for the Grad Plus Loan until July 1st. Here is the link to the website http://hucdfinancialaid.webs.com/after-you-apply it has more information about the Grad Plus Loan pertaining to HUCD and other information about financial aid.
Oh thanks!! That is very helpful! I guess we have to wait for our student id so we can check the status!

Mind sharing your stats? Im applying with a low QR/PAT score..

Are they sending out more invites soon?

I had given up hope on receiving an interview because I never was able to reach anyone when I called and when I e mailed there was no response but miraculously I received an invite today for feb 25! Keep the faith! It's not over yet :)

I just went to my interview yesterday and was accepted while waiting for my flight home!

does anyone have an interview for friday may 15?

Received an invitation for an interview recently, keep hope alive! I will be declining it though

I saw these on last years post and it gave me hope. They offered interviews in Feb. all the way to June!!! I guess as long as we don't get a rejection, there is still hope :)

I saw these on last years post and it gave me hope. They offered interviews in Feb. all the way to June!!! I guess as long as we don't get a rejection, there is still hope :)
Thank you! someone on here said they'll be sending out more interviews Feb 26th..Fingers crossed. Definitely a stressful time.

Thank you! someone on here said they'll be sending out more interviews Feb 26th..Fingers crossed. Definitely a stressful time.
Great news! I agree! Very stressful but hopefully it's worth it! :)

Thank you :)

Hey, I took the DAT January of last year so don't recall my score completely. If I remember properly, it ranged from 19-21. My undergrad gpa isn't that competitive so I'm currently in a post bacc program with a 3.7

I applied late October (for anyone curious about the date I submitted my application)

Thanks! good luck

Thanks! good luck

No problem
& thank you :) if they mention anything about the number of seats left (or additional interviews by any chance) I'll be sure to inform everyone

The first thing we did was take a tour, while doing that we met other students and then we wrote our essay and ate at the same time, then students spoke to Us about the school ,admissions spoke,then financial aid , then interviews,lasltly the wrap up.(8:30-2). I am not sure how many they have conducted.

What were the essay questions?

What were the essay questions?
There are a few different questions, each of us just had one question. Some people in my group had the same question as another person, but I was the only person with my question. They're just mainly about why you want to be a dentist, ethics questions, generic essay questions.

It's VERY relaxed and casual, I actually enjoyed the day. The dean came in and asked everyone "why dentistry and why Howard?" And he's kind of intimidating so just be confident in what you say. My interview was really casual, but it depends on who your interviewers are. I had a member of the committee and an older student.