****The Official Howard University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I am not in denial of them not giving out anymore interviews, but I work in a major city health department and I call them everyday when I first get into the office. I know for a fact that they aren't that candid with their answers, I feel like they would give out denial letters before telling someone no more interviews over the phone. The fact that you haven't post on any Howard related post or stated anywhere else that you applied to HUCD, I honestly think that you are being a troll. They had charter day this past Friday so I think they were prepping for that and placed apps to the side for a second and their spring break is next week so I think everything is on hold for the moment. Think about it, between tests and spring break, when are they going to have time to interview people? I say give them until the 25 of March to hear anything from them everybody. If we stay on top of them, I think they will respond. I am personally going to send them a letter in the mail this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am hoping the information that person stated above is not true, but to clarify a lot of schools would say no more interviews before they send out rejection letters. I know for sure Tufts are done sending out interviews as i spoke to the assistant dean, Dr. Kasberg directly via phone and they still havent sent out rejections letters. So what im trying to say is it really depends on the school when to send out rejection letters. Same with creighton, their interview process has been done for awhile but they wont be sending out rejection letters until they get feedback from accepted students and move people off the waitlist.

I work for a dentist whose an alumni from Howard who keeps in contact with two professors who are also on admissions, lets just say i was told interviews are still being given. I was told this about 3 weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad.

Well,I got to ms. Nixon's phone voicemail box. I will give you all an update hopefully by the end of today. I am going to try to contact my friend that goes there to see if he can give me some information.

I am hoping the information that person stated above is not true, but to clarify a lot of schools would say no more interviews before they send out rejection letters. I know for sure Tufts are done sending out interviews as i spoke to the assistant dean, Dr. Kasberg directly via phone and they still havent sent out rejections letters. So what im trying to say is it really depends on the school when to send out rejection letters. Same with creighton, their interview process has been done for awhile but they wont be sending out rejection letters until they get feedback from accepted students and move people off the waitlist.

I work for a dentist whose an alumni from Howard who keeps in contact with two professors who are also on admissions, lets just say i was told interviews are still being given. I was told this about 3 weeks ago.

I think they have just paused the interview process, because if that isn't the case, I need my money back from the app fee that was never processed lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got notification a minute ago of my app fee being processed, so they are still looking at apps I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I just got notification a minute ago of my app fee being processed, so they are still looking at apps.

Awesome! When did you apply by the way? Why did it take a long time to process the fee?

They just responded to my email of my dat re-take date of March 31, 2016! They said that date would be fine. That lets me know that they are still interviewing, NYU and UOP have told me that either they would be done with interviews by then or that it was too late. Keep the faith you guys hang in there.

If you all want an update via email, I would call the international program line and tell them to transfer you to admissions. Mrs. Nixon, I believe, is their secretary in admissions and I would leave her a message. I left her a message yesterday and I got a reply back via email today.

If you all want an update via email, I would call the international program line and tell them to transfer you to admissions. Mrs. Nixon, I believe, is their secretary in admissions and I would leave her a message. I left her a message yesterday and I got a reply back via email today.

Can you post the phone number please and thanks!

Thank You!
When did you apply for them to take that long to take you app fee?

Members don't see this ad :)
According to ADEA, "after April 5, AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions."

This may shake things up a little bit. My guess is that there will be another interview date(s). Especially since the poster above noted that the class isn't full yet.

Conversely it's also very possible that they've seen enough candidates to fill the class (plus any second year students that need to repeat D1). Not sure if they waitlist.

No matter the case, be prepared to reapply as soon as AADSAS opens in June. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

According to ADEA, "after April 5, AADSAS reports to each institution the names of candidates for its entering class who hold acceptance(s) at additional institutions. A dental school may rescind an offer of admission to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions."

This may shake things up a little bit. My guess is that there will be another interview date(s). Especially since the poster above noted that the class isn't full yet.

Conversely it's also very possible that they've seen enough candidates to fill the class (plus any second year students that need to repeat D1). Not sure if they waitlist.

No matter the case, be prepared to reapply as soon as AADSAS opens in June. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
They do waitlist, I believe.

Hey guys,
Just my opinion:

Expect delays and such from Howard. We were told we would hear back last week. And as of tonight- I am the only one from my group who has heard back. Again, the class was only a little over halfway full when I interviewed. Howard does waitlist, but they only do so when all the class seats have been secured (according to Nixon)- so until then, everyone would receive a yes or no. I cant remember who mentioned it on this thread, but I think, if anything, they only put the interview process on pause (with Board exams and stuff going on at the school). .. there was a lot going on the day we interviewed

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,
Just my opinion:

Expect delays and such from Howard. We were told we would hear back last week. And as of tonight- I am the only one from my group who has heard back. Again, the class was only a little over halfway full when I interviewed. Howard does waitlist, but they only do so when all the class seats have been secured (according to Nixon)- so until then, everyone would receive a yes or no. I cant remember who mentioned it on this thread, but I think, if anything, they only put the interview process on pause (with Board exams and stuff going on at the school). .. there was a lot going on the day we interviewed
The waitlist part isn't necessarily true. I have a friend that was interviewed pre-December and waitlisted on December 1st

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

The waitlist part isn't necessarily true. I have a friend that was interviewed pre-December and waitlisted on December 1st

I see. I was just saying what Nixon told me :). Maybe she was referring to post December interviews

Reactions: 1 user
I see. I was just saying what Nixon told me :). Maybe she was referring to post December interviews
Very true. Did you end up hearing back good news?

One of their dental students just told me that they are still interviewing.

Probably! Last name starts with G ...anyways what exactly can we do with the ID #???
Im not sure. I guess getting the student ID makes it more official lol

Has anyone else gotten their ID since Friday?

I haven't yet but my last name starts with H

I don't think it's in alphabetical order though, one other person in the FB group got theirs and their last name would be at the end of the alphabet

I don't think it's in alphabetical order though, one other person in the FB group got theirs and their last name would be at the end of the alphabet
Ohh, well I'm stilling waiting on mine. I really hope they mail out more information about August and when we start exactly

I know a few people got their ID but, how many people are still waiting now?

Does anyone know if Howard strongly adheres to the 18 cutoff for all categories for the DAT? I'm wagering between submitting my app early versus retaking to raise my QR and BIO scores and then submitting in August.

I had a 16 in QR and was still accepted. One of my friends who also applied this cycle was also accepted with a 15 in QR but every other section was above a 18. I believe they do make an exception for math.

Does anyone know if Howard strongly adheres to the 18 cutoff for all categories for the DAT? I'm wagering between submitting my app early versus retaking to raise my QR and BIO scores and then submitting in August.

The first time I took it, I had a 15 QR and 17 GC. The second time, I got a 17 QR and no other scores below 18. I would agree that they probably make exceptions for QR. What are your other scores, if you don't mind sharing?

The first time I took it, I had a 15 QR and 17 GC. The second time, I got a 17 QR and no other scores below 18. I would agree that they probably make exceptions for QR. What are your other scores, if you don't mind sharing?

I got a 19 in PAT, 17 in BIO, 17 in RC, 21 in GC, 22 in OC, but a 14 in QR. AA was 18 and TS was 19. I wonder if I can still apply early and have my new scores sent once AADSAS receives them.

I got a 19 in PAT, 17 in BIO, 17 in RC, 21 in GC, 22 in OC, but a 14 in QR. AA was 18 and TS was 19. I wonder if I can still apply early and have my new scores sent once AADSAS receives them.

Yes you can! Go ahead and apply and I think on the application there's a space for you to indicate if you're planning on taking the DAT again. That's what I did. It takes a minimum of like 3 weeks for the schools to get the scores after you take the DAT. I went ahead and got in touch with some individuals at the schools I applied to and sent them a scanned copy of my scores as soon as I took the DAT so they could already have those.

Has anyone received or know someone who has received an interview invite lately?

Hi, I haven't heard anything from them. But a friend of mine who is a dental student there just told me that he believes they are still doing interviews though. Because he just saw a group in there not too long ago.

Hi, I haven't heard anything from them. But a friend of mine who is a dental student there just told me that he believes they are still doing interviews though. Because he just saw a group in there not too long ago.

Last week my friend from HU said the same thing and said to not worry since they always interview late in the game.

Last week my friend from HU said the same thing and said to not worry since they always interview late in the game.

Really hoping we hear something good soon. This is the only school left on my list now..

I just got my student ID today

I got mine too. I just signed into BisonWeb. Your PIN is your birthday with no dashes (ex. 010492) and then they'll have you change it once you're logged in!
I think we can because, it said your pin is your birthday and i think you can change it after logging in? Not sure. I haven't tried it yet

Nvm the birthday didnt work for me. I think we need to wait

I got mine too. I just signed into BisonWeb. Your PIN is your birthday with no dashes (ex. 010492) and then they'll have you change it once you're logged in!
The birthday thing doesn't work for me. :(