***The Official Howard University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been trying to get ahold of admissions through phone for days and have also emailed but haven't been able to get ahold of them. Has anyone been able to successfully get ahold of admissions?

'Be advised that all qualified applicants remain “under review” until invited for an interview or the interview cycle closes. If your application doesn’t meet our criteria for an interview we will notify you via email immediately after your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. While under review please note that we will not provide status updates.'

So this was in my application complete email. Just wondering what it actually means? will they notify us if we aren't selected for an interview before Dec 1st? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the clarification! :)

P.S i bolded the text and underlined words to emphasize what was confusing me. :)

Last edited:
Considering past threads of acceptance/interview invites for Howard which I have read through, I think they will just not contact you at all before Dec 1st regarding if you are not selected for an interview for a Dec 1 acceptance. In past threads it looks like they wait until the end of the cycle to let you know at all if you were completely rejected. I think that last bolded part in the email has to do with pre-reqs and meeting admissions requirements which they state on their website (2.85 minimum sci gpa, 2.85 minimum ogpa, course requirements, etc.)... So if you haven't heard from them, there's a chance you might get an interview. I think this has to do with the fact that they are constantly looking for specific people who fit into who they want to accept into the class, diversity, etc.
So is it safe to assume that if we weren't contacted immediately that we meet their minimum requirements?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is it safe to assume that if we weren't contacted immediately that we meet their minimum requirements?
Probably. Midwestern for example contacts students immediately upon receiving the application if they dont meet the requirements

Does anyone know how the interview days are structured? In terms of the events that go on. i.e. lunch with current dental students, meet the faculty, financial aid, actual interview, etc.? Thanks!

Has anyone got an interview?

Last edited:
My friend just had his interview here recently :) and he's from Maryland area. So I'm thinking they are inviting applicants from nearby first

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My friend just had his interview here recently :) and he's from Maryland area. So I'm thinking they are inviting applicants from nearby first

Do you happen to know his stat?

Did he say how it went? Was it relaxed or more structured? What kinds of questions did they ask him? Thanks!

Last edited:
:biglove::biglove::biglove:
YAY!! INTERVIEW INVITE!!
Howard University
Notified: today 10/11
Interview: 10/24
AA/TS/PAT: 19/18/21
uGPA/gradGPA: 3.37/3.89

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Anyone know if howard sends rejection emails early or at all? Or do they just never get back to you .

Just one interview so far? does this school usually take long when sending out invites/

Just one interview so far? does this school usually take long when sending out invites/
there has been way more than just one, alot of people I know at Howard told me they've already seen the groups of interviewees

Has anyone else not received a payment confirmation? I sent the supplemental fee out mid Sept.

Does Howard generally invite people to interview at any particular order, so that first batch applicants would have been invited earlier and invitations go on a rolling basis? Or is there not really a particular order? I'm a first batch applicant so I just wanted to get an idea of my chances at this point

Reactions: 2 users
Are there any students/interviewees for Howard that are not URM who would be able to share what made them stand out as an applicant to Howard? Or know of some qualities they value? I'm not a URM but i'm very interested in Howard for their mission to serve the underserved communities and that's also one of my main interests. And I was just wondering what types of things they look for in applicants, especially if you are not a URM, as they give preference to URM's

Are there any students/interviewees for Howard that are not URM who would be able to share what made them stand out as an applicant to Howard? Or know of some qualities they value? I'm not a URM but i'm very interested in Howard for their mission to serve the underserved communities and that's also one of my main interests. And I was just wondering what types of things they look for in applicants, especially if you are not a URM, as they give preference to URM's
Have you already applied

Last edited:
Just got an interview request today!

Notified: today 10/19
Interview: 10/29
AA/TS/PAT: 17/17/17
sGPA/oGPA: 3.28/3.53

Reactions: 1 users
Does Howard allow interview rescheduling? I got my invite yesterday and it's for next Saturday, buttt I can't request off from work

I have an interview on Monday, Oct 24. I'm a little nervous that maybe there was a typo on the date or something because I haven't heard anyone else on Monday. I replied to their email like instructed, and I also called and left a voicemail confirming I would be there, so I guess if I have the wrong date they would have figured it out by now right?

Last edited:
Really happy that Howard conducts interviews on Saturdays as well. Received an invite today for October 29.

I have an interview on Monday, Oct 24. I'm a little nervous that maybe there was a typo on the date or something because I haven't heard anyone else on Monday. I replied to their email like instructed, and I also called and left a voicemail confirming I would be there, so I guess if I have the wrong date they would have figured it out by now right?

At my interview, they told us they'd be doing interviews on Mondays, Fridays, and 2 Saturdays a month. So the date is probably correct.