***The Official Indiana University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I interviewed pre-December, was deferred, and received the email as well. Very confused.

Members don't see this ad.

Received the "no more interviews" email as well. I'm in state too. Thanks for showing me the love IU.

Got the "we sent you the wrong email", email. Glad the confusion is all over. My app is still deferred.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The class is now full. Just got the email.
When you said the class is full, does that mean they already selected people? When I interviewed in late January, they told us that they still got like 35 spots left. And I haven't gotten any emails since.

Anyone here interview on Wednesday (Feb. 4th)?

When you said the class is full, does that mean they already selected people? When I interviewed in late January, they told us that they still got like 35 spots left. And I haven't gotten any emails since.
I got an email that the class is full and that I'm no longer being considered. If you didn't get the email, you're probably still being considered.

For those of you who got the class is full email, did your aadsas portal change to denied? I got the email but the portal still says under review.

The class isn't full yet, but they aren't giving out any more interviews. Therefore if you already interviewed you will find out Feb 24-25, otherwise you're SOL

Yup lol. I did along with about 14 others.

Interviewed there on Thursday! Such an amazing school with such a rich history! The benefits of fluoridation and the bitewing x-ray were the results of IU research. So incredible.
The class is NOT full. They were very upfront about they process. 288 total interviews this year for 100ish slots. (Great odds really b/c of course they have to accept more people than they have slots.) They have exactly two meetings per year to vote on people. The next (and final) one is February 24th and 25th. 12 of 32(?) OOS slots are full, and the committee will vote on whether to add 5 more OOS slots. There is only one more day of interviews before this meeting. Based on the interview dates I was offered, it must be Tuesday Feb 10th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed there on Thursday! Such an amazing school with such a rich history! The benefits of fluoridation and the bitewing x-ray were the results of IU research. So incredible.
The class is NOT full. They were very upfront about they process. 288 total interviews this year for 100ish slots. (Great odds really b/c of course they have to accept more people than they have slots.) They have exactly two meetings per year to vote on people. The next (and final) one is February 24th and 25th. 12 of 32(?) OOS slots are full, and the committee will vote on whether to add 5 more OOS slots. There is only one more day of interviews before this meeting. Based on the interview dates I was offered, it must be Tuesday Feb 10th.

I agree that the school is awesome! they have 70 in-state spots and 34 out-of-state spots. So based on your saying, it is 12 of 34 slots full, which means 22 more spots available! I am confused whether to add 5 more OOS slots. Are you saying that the school will increase the class size from 34 to 39?

Thank you for the great information!

The class size would be the same, but the ratio of IS/OOS would swing by 5 spots

I agree that the school is awesome! they have 70 in-state spots and 34 out-of-state spots. So based on your saying, it is 12 of 34 slots full, which means 22 more spots available! I am confused whether to add 5 more OOS slots. Are you saying that the school will increase the class size from 34 to 39?

Thank you for the great information!
Yes so there are 22 to 27 more OOS slots, depending on what the committee decides.

Do you know how many out of state got interviewed and usually get accepted? Somebody mentioned above that 288 interviewed for 104 acceptance, but I am assuming that 288 includes mostly in-state?

Do you know how many out of state got interviewed and usually get accepted? Somebody mentioned above that 288 interviewed for 104 acceptance, but I am assuming that 288 includes mostly in-state?
In one of the presentations, I'm pretty sure the number stated was 288 total. However, the ADA book says last year they interviewed 146 in state and 229 out of state for 375 total. That's a difference of 87 fewer. So either there was a huge change this year, the ADA book is wrong, I misheard or she misspoke. No idea which of the above.

From ADA book last year's reported data:
# app # interview # ENROLL
In 203 146 74
Out 1209 229 30

I just noticed that this data only has 30 OOS, not 34, so perhaps its this data that's off. I don't know. I took it right from the most recent book.

Bear in mind that number enrolled does not equal number accepted. Each school has a number it has to accept per seat in order to fill the class. I've read in other threads here that that number is between 1.6 at UOP (very few turn down the chance to get to work in only THREE years) up to around 3.0, with most around 2.0.

Thank you card sent home a week after interview. I know prob done for everyone, but maybe an ominous sign? Reassuring sign?

Thank you card sent home a week after interview. I know prob done for everyone, but maybe an ominous sign? Reassuring sign?

I got mine right after I interviewed lol. I thought it was a nice touch :)

Nope. I'm wondering if they stay later than 5 pm or if the fact no one has heard anything means nothing until tomorrow

I don't think they get back to us until after tomorrow. Based on previous threads, no one heard anything until the 27th.

They did say they'd update electronically the day it was all done. Which I assume means tomorrow via the AADSAS portal.

I just called admissions and they said that the committee met yesterday and notices will go out sometime today or tomorrow and to keep an eye out on your email!

I got rejected as well.... Much luck to everyone else. Notification for me came through my email. My AADSAS has not reflected the update yet.

Stone-cold rejection. Good luck everyone there's gotta be some acceptances out there

waitlisted OOS

soooooo how fast does the OOS wait list move lol?

Acceptance via email, OOS. Going to think about it for a week, I loved Indiana, but was accepted to my state school too so I think the $150,00 difference is too much unfortunately, so stay positive on the waitlist!

Acceptance via email, OOS. Going to think about it for a week, I loved Indiana, but was accepted to my state school too so I think the $150,00 difference is too much unfortunately, so stay positive on the waitlist!
I am in exactly the same boat! I fell completely in love with IU and Indianapolis. If the cost were the same, there would be no question. But the $125,000 of borrowed money is truly twice that of earned after tax money. UGH.

I know a guy who got into Penn and was offered, in his admissions call, a scholarship to make up the difference between it and his state school. A school as amazing and historical as IU should have the ability to offer at least ten or so out of their thirty-something OOS students the same deal. I guess the alumni funding has been channelled in other directions. SIGH.

Waitlisted too. Anybody know the chance to get accepted from waiting list? Do they rank us in the waiting list? Thanks a lot!

I was actually waitlisted here last year and they do rank and usually go through quite a few people (OOS) who end up choosing their state schools

Status
Not open for further replies.