**The Official Indiana University Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I'm from California. I don't mind having to pay OOS for a year or two, but when you can never get instate it just defeats the purpose of going to a state school.
Where did you find out you can never become instate? thats not what the financial aid office told me?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I misunderstood what you were saying. When I just looked at the layout, it has PBL running as a 3 credit course for years 1 and 2 full term.
It looks like we are taking head and neck anatomy in july, we just got a very long email explaining it all

Reactions: 1 user
For those that withdrew, was it because of the price and inability to become in-state resident?

Yeah, the price tag is just too high for me personally. Great school though, I just wish they would offer in-state, but they don't.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called them a while back and they said that they do not offer in-state tuition. Tuition/instruments/health insure/etc. all together come out to like 90K and then you factor in the cost of living, it's just a little too high. But again, it's a great school and I've visited the campus a couple times (friends in undergrad) and really liked it.

Where did you find out you can never become instate? thats not what the financial aid office told me?

The Financial aid person at the interview told me they never grant it, and Admissions people told me they have never seen anyone receive it. I've heard there are loopholes from a student - that being the only ways to get it is if you get married to a Hoosier or buy a house. In my opinion, those are two things I find kinda extreme to get instate tuition.

Tuition alone is 341k at Indiana for OOS. Kinda ridiculous in my opinion for a state school. However, it's an Amazing school and I wish they offered instate tuition for OOS people after a year or two.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California- so it made accepting my offer to USC a lot easier. All the talk about how expensive USC is, it's actually 351k in regards to tuition alone. That's right, only 10k more than Indiana's 341k OOS tuition. That's how much OOS is at Indiana when looking at tuition alone. That pretty insane in regards to costing nearly as much as an expensive private school.

I'll gladly take the hit for the cost of living in LA, I am happy to return home.

Last edited:
The Financial aid person at the interview told me they never grant it, and Admissions people told me they have never seen anyone receive it. I've heard there are loopholes from a student - that being the only ways to get it is if you get married to a Hoosier or buy a house. In my opinion, those are two things I find kinda extreme to get instate tuition.

Tuition alone is 341k at Indiana for OOS. Kinda ridiculous in my opinion for a state school. However, it's an Amazing school and I wish they offered instate tuition for OOS people after a year or two.

I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California- so it made accepting my offer to USC a lot easier. All the talk about how expensive USC is, it's actually 351k in regards to tuition alone. That's right, only 10k more than Indiana's 341k OOS tuition. That's how much OOS is at Indiana when looking at tuition alone. That pretty insane in regards to costing nearly as much as an expensive private school.

I'll gladly take the hit for the cost of living in LA, I am happy to return home.
Thanks for the information! That is understandable that you chose your instate school, USC is an awesome school congrats on that.

Orientation and classes have already started, but I just got a call this morning that I've been accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!

Flying out tomorrow from Utah to make it there for classes on Monday!

I guess you always have a chance to get off the waitlist until they officially give you a rejection.

Just got accepted off of the waitlist this summer. Sorry for the late post. got the acceptance 6/13
Stats: IS

I submitted the transcripts late. My gpa won't be available until sep. my stat is sGPA: 3.61(ADEA standard) DAT: AA21 TS22 PAT20... New York got degree from Purdue... Hope to get a interview in the end

WOuld it be considered late if applied right now? I know their deadline is in November, but would my chances suck if i applied rihgt now?

Hello! Class of 2020 could any one here let me know types of questions they were asked in the IUSD interview I have mine on 9/21/16.

Those of you who actually went to IUSD
What's you favorite thing about the school?
What's the least thing you like about the school?
And what are best neighborhoods for living and close to the school?
Thank you

Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone at the school currently would like the share their experience here. Would love to know the pros & cons. Also, are there other hidden fees that are not listed on the tuition plus fees IU webpage and if so what are they? and how much? Anything anyone would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.