*The Official January 2016 MCAT*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I don't see any thread made for January 2016 MCAT test date, so I thought to create one. I'll be graduating by the end of this year and will be giving my MCAT on January 2016. I had my test date set for September of this year, but something came up and I won't be able to dedicate myself to studying for the MCAT fully. So, let us make this thread rich with all the discussions about the MCAT. Let us support each other and make taking MCAT a pleasurable experience, so I think. Let's go.......

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
By the time the 23rd passes by idk if I'll have enough confidence in me to know I'll even pass the janitor entrance exam.

Was it wax on clockwise or counterclockwise...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm actually freaking out.... I want to see my scores but not really at the same time >.<

The first time around, I really hadn't done many practice exams and was cramming exams the week of the MCAT, which I think really hurt me. This time around, I really only reviewed the material for around 3 days just to remind myself how of any material I may have forgotten, but for the rest of the time, it was practice test after practice test. I made sure to give myself a couple days in-between to go over all of the questions so that I wouldn't make a similar mistake on the next exam I took. I also made sure to give myself a couple days before the exam just to relax. I still went over some key points/practiced a couple of passages here and there, but I didn't want to overdo it the week of the exam like last time. I prepared for about a month and a half this time around. But had prepared 3 months during the summer, so the material still pretty much stuck. Hoping for the best Good luck @maydaymalone

@raca1111 Yeah I was in a similar situation. August 2015 (123 cars tanked my score). I probably should have taken then Jan 2016 test, but I am taking it in May 2016. I plan to finish content in Feb then just take tests until May. What do you think? Thanks for the reply too!

Haha, idk why I come back to this thread. It's as if there's a little hope in me that somehow I'd get a small glimpse of my score by reading these comments. :bored:

Reactions: 2 users
@maydaymalone it all depends on the type of studying you do when you take these tests, but if you make sure to go over them thoroughly and if you make sure to dedicate enough time, you should be good!
Also just fyi, I am a student just like you so I might not have the best techniques/advise for how to approach this exam. This is just how I did it!

Sometimes it seems that the mcat boards are running a psychological test on us to see how we cope during this month of waiting

Before MCATS: hopes for 515+
Day before MCAT/On day: hopes for 512
Right after MCAT: hopes for 508
2 weeks in waiting period: hopes for 505
3 weeks in: hopes for 500
Day before: hopes for 499...halp

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This question may have been beaten to death, however, could you guys shed light on which book you used for the psych section, or what book you think is the best?

Thanks

@maydaymalone The Roadmap that the AAMC provides with the free Boundless textbooks is really useful. Some of the explanations to exam questions almost come straight from definitions in those textbooks. I did purchase the Biosocial Medicine book that was also part of that Roadmap, it was only slightly useful. The free Boundless resources along with the Khan videos should get you where you need to be. Take a look at this expanded outline as well, it was really helpful.
http://www.medschooltutors.com/mcat...e/content-category-6a-sensing-the-environment

Anyone ever wonder that there may be a glitch and your score shows up when you check before the 23rd?

I really hope i don't have to retake. i pray everyday "please no retake"

I went to church yesterday and felt very guilty because I haven't been in a couple months and the only thing I was praying for the whole time "Please 512, please 512, I'll do anything"

Reactions: 1 user
I don't want to sound neurotic at all... but I'm slowly dying inside... I really want to know my score but at the same time I feel too burnt out to retake if I need to, so I don't want to know my score lol

Reactions: 3 users
I really hope i don't have to retake. i pray everyday "please no retake"
See it will be awkward for me cause I told the lady as I did the exit fingerprint scan that "I hope to never return to this hell"

If I have to go back I fear she will say "welcome back to hell, welp-a-nator"

Reactions: 2 users
That awkward feeling where you want to know, but don't want to know, all at the same time.

Reactions: 4 users
I felt like it went really well after I took it.... but as the days go on my score in my head keeps going lower and lower....
This this this
Not sure whether to be nervous or excited about seeing my score... Walked out crying but not sure if it was exhaustion or what. My gut feeling is usually useless though..

I actually walked out of the test with a huge smile on my face and a skip in my step.. Some other test taker was sitting outside and said "wow you look happy".. And I responded "yeah I'm just so happy it is over and I felt like it was fair." His response was so funny..... "I have taken this test 3 times and I have NEVER seen someone leave it smiling, so good job"...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Only check if you did well on your midterm... So after. Then it'll be a win win otherwise you might feel to anxiois if you did bad on the mcat then do bad on the midterm. Pretty sure I'm developing anxiety disorder. My take on it lol

Have you guys ever had this feeling when you are actually excited to get a test back because you know for sure you aced it? Well, this definitely is NOT the case for me with my MCAT.

What's the first thing you guys will do if you get your ideal score?
upload_2016-2-18_15-47-40.png