*The Official January 2016 MCAT*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medaholic Dr

Houston, we've a problem !
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,
I don't see any thread made for January 2016 MCAT test date, so I thought to create one. I'll be graduating by the end of this year and will be giving my MCAT on January 2016. I had my test date set for September of this year, but something came up and I won't be able to dedicate myself to studying for the MCAT fully. So, let us make this thread rich with all the discussions about the MCAT. Let us support each other and make taking MCAT a pleasurable experience, so I think. Let's go.......

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
509 80% but cars only 124,retake?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Hey so how did you feel after you took the test? What were your practice scores? If you don't feel like sharing no worries, I'm just trying to stay alive during this waiting game!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is driving me around the bend.

I remember reading a cars passage about metaphors, and there was a question about the metaphor in the above phrase.

I hope I don't have to take another verbal/cars passage ever again.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh great they just updated their twitter to say that the website was still down! I honestly had no idea. Thanks for giving me the current state of affairs instead of some kind of estimate as to when this will be fixed -.-

Reactions: 1 user
ImageUploadedBySDN1456260965.208694.jpg

Walking to the roof may jump off soon

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Never have I seen such a sense of community with premeds tho #MCATcrash2k16

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The server issues make me nervous that they switched someone's score for mine but I'll take finally being done with the wait

496 in September and 508 in Jan. Thank God I am done with the MCAT!

Reactions: 1 users
130 128 130 130. Kind of shocked really I thought I bombed the bio section and did really well in the cars section . Stoked tho!! :) my scored practice test was a 519

124 Chem/Physics (ouch...)
129 CARS
127 Bio
130 Psych (Definitely guessed on a lot of these)

510 Overall (83%)

First time taker, while working a full-time job at an intense healthcare consulting firm. I'm thinking I should be happy with what I got and call it a day. 3.57 GPA, graduated with honors, great extracurrics--so I think this is good. Thoughts???

P/c 131 Cr 127 biochem 125 psych soc 129

Ugh man I needed to get 70th on all sections and the bio/biochem section - my major- is the one I did the worst on

I guess reading research papers would have helped more so

At least the wait is over though lol

Edit:
I took the aamc practice test two weeks earlier and got a essentially a 500 though

Last edited by a moderator:
504 (64%) 127/123/128/126

Complete reversal from practice tests taken. Scored around a 127 & 83% correct on each of the AAMC FL practice tests for CARS and ended up with a 123??? Also my highest on AAMC FL was ~124 & ~65% correct for both C/P & Bio sections and ended up with a 127 & 128??

130, 127, 130, 129 - 516

I'm in shock.... Felt good about the test and got a good score. Having to re-take since my old test expired sucked, my happy with my results. CARS can suck it tho. lol

That's like going from a 22 to a 31 right? Please tell me how you did it.
Its going from a 23 to a 30 I think. I took a Kaplan class and focused on practice tests instead of content. Did about 12 practice tests.

128/126/127/127 - 508.

I thought I did better on CARS for sure, kind of frustrated and not sure what to do at this point.
My old MCAT was a 25 though, so I guess it's a good jump.

Hey guys so I got a 509 which I'm happy with. But my sections broke down into 128/126/125/130. Do schools even care about the psych section? Should I retake?

509 --> 80%

Second time around.
First time I scored a 24 (43%). Thank God times 1000

Reactions: 2 users
501...applying DO

The problem I see is this though:

My first 500:

126/124/126/124

This score (501)

127/123/124/127

Is this bad my CARS and B/B dropped?

Its going from a 23 to a 30 I think. I took a Kaplan class and focused on practice tests instead of content. Did about 12 practice tests.
Taking tons of practice tests seem to always be the ticket for significantly increasing scores. That was my downfall the last time I took it. I'm hoping to do better this time. Thanks for sharing.