The Official January 8th, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alteredstate213

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!!!!
Retaker here, I'm officially starting to study today using SN2ed's four month schedule! I was going to use Princeton Review and BR for tests since I've exhausted the AAMC and GoldStandard tests.

148 days left! :)

Members don't see this ad.

That sucks your MCAT was 4 lower than your average. I heard a lot of bad things about the Oct 21 test, I think people also complained about the Nov 7 one also?

I like your advice of trying not to have the all-or-nothing approach, in theory. But there really is a ton of pressure for us taking the exam in January. I think more so than people taking the test at any other time, because of the switch to the new MCAT. For us, if we score lower than what we are willing to accept, then we will have to study for a very different test. Therefore, there is an immense amount of pressure on us, yet that immense pressure may very well cause us to perform worse than expected, like you said.

So I guess my question is, what kind of approach are you going to have for this exam, if not an all-or-nothing approach, because it kind of is an all-or-nothing situation.

Also, with people taking the past couple of tests noticing a lower than expected score, doesn't this further increase your anxiety. It makes me think that the same thing could easily happen for the Jan 8 exam, where retaking becomes a much bigger problem.

I know why you would feel as if it's all-or-nothing, but it's not. Even if you don't score quite what you like, you still get a shot with the new one. Yes, the new one is longer and perceived as being more difficult. Realistically, it's that way for everyone, so the scoring will still reflect much the same way. Trust me, having the all-or-nothing mindset isn't going to be healthy for your scores at all. I'm a great example.

Also, the October 25th date saw many people score well above their average. I only saw a few posts claiming the opposite. November 7th haven't received their scores, so they're still in the post-MCAT unjustified freak out stage which can't be given credence until they get their scores. So, really, there have been two dates in recent memory that have been "harder." October 21st and another in August.

Stop thinking so much and just sit down and do the problems. The more you worry about your score, especially during your test, the worse your scores will be.

Great job @HCHopeful ! I'm hoping to have my PS and BS scores in your range this time around.

I'm feeling super pumped about physics! I hated it so much before but most of the concepts tested are actually quite simple (never thought I'd say that) now that I've gone through them. I'm starting the self assessments and might take AAMC 3 just for kicks this weekend; even though I've heard its way outdated, I can practice timing and it's free.

Anyone else taking the SA's?

I'll be taking the SA's at some point, but probably not until my finals are complete.

Well, that's a blow! Took GS #3 this morning and came out with a 31 (11/9/11). I admit, I'm still somewhat encouraged simply because I know my verbal is more in the 10-11 range with AAMC.

If anything, I am disappointed. Really trying to score in the 33+ range for this one. Hopefully TBR will set up my account soon so I can start those and see if my scores are similar there.

Average: 32.25 (11.25/9.5/11.5)

Hey everyone,
So I'm taking it the 8th also! Good to see I'm not the only one freaking out lol. So i took AAMC test 10 yesterday with 10 PS 10BS and only 7VR......I always thought verbal was my strong point and now I'm freaking out. Any tips????

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,
So I'm taking it the 8th also! Good to see I'm not the only one freaking out lol. So i took AAMC test 10 yesterday with 10 PS 10BS and only 7VR......I always thought verbal was my strong point and now I'm freaking out. Any tips????

First Tip: Don't freak out

Second Tip: Take your practice scores with a grain of salt, because that's all they're worth.

Third Tip: If you've been consistently scoring higher and just randomly scored low, it's just that, random.

Fourth Tip: Stop taking AAMC's 8-11. Those are the ones you take leading up to test day.

Fifth Tip: Rock it.

First Tip: Don't freak out

Second Tip: Take your practice scores with a grain of salt, because that's all they're worth.

Third Tip: If you've been consistently scoring higher and just randomly scored low, it's just that, random.

Fourth Tip: Stop taking AAMC's 8-11. Those are the ones you take leading up to test day.

Fifth Tip: Rock it.

Thanks for the boost!!! Between EK and other AAMC's ive been ranging 28-32. Yesterday was AAMC 10, and the only one i have taken out of 8-11. Since we're about a month out when do you recommend taking the others?

I also went from 21 (diagnostics AAMC, no studying), about 2 months later - 27, 3 weeks later 31, 2 weeks later now the 27

Thanks for the boost!!! Between EK and other AAMC's ive been ranging 28-32. Yesterday was AAMC 10, and the only one i have taken out of 8-11. Since we're about a month out when do you recommend taking the others?

I would recommend not taking the tests until your very last dates. I took 9 early because I wanted to gauge where I was. Otherwise, I took 8 and 10 a week and a half before, and 11 four days before.

Your increase is good, but I would caution to stop looking at scaled scores. I forget who mentioned it but am taking their advice. Just make sure you're scoring your goal percentage or above in every section. My goal is 80% or above in every section because that generally correlates to a 10+.

Also, since you only have 4 samples (3 with studying), it's hard to say where you really are.

I would recommend not taking the tests until your very last dates. I took 9 early because I wanted to gauge where I was. Otherwise, I took 8 and 10 a week and a half before, and 11 four days before.

Your increase is good, but I would caution to stop looking at scaled scores. I forget who mentioned it but am taking their advice. Just make sure you're scoring your goal percentage or above in every section. My goal is 80% or above in every section because that generally correlates to a 10+.

Also, since you only have 4 samples (3 with studying), it's hard to say where you really are.

Okay, I probably won't take another one until about a week/ week and a half before. What would you recommend now since I'm about 4 weeks away...just straight content review/practice questions? Going over my weaknesses?

@pa8993

Well definitely if you have access to other, less recent AAMC's, take those. I would recommend perhaps buying 2-4 GS tests. They may not be very great with verbal, but practicing the format of the tests can help increase a score by 1-2 points.

When I was 4 weeks away my first time around, I was just finishing up content/practice questions and taking my first AAMC's. I would then review the AAMC's and try to study a bit of what I had missed on them.

This time with 4 weeks left I am studying for finals. Hah. I'll be done with them on Wednesday, though, so I plan on taking a Berkeley Review test on Thursday and GS #4 on Friday and then reviewing all of the material I missed from my past four tests (GS #2, GS #3, TBR #1, GS #4). That'll probably take most of the weekend. Then I'll start taking a practice MCAT every other day during the week (M, W, F) and taking the AAMC Self-Assessment during the other days (T, Th, Sat).

I am only doing this because I believe my content is where it should be, as I am consistently scoring 10+ in both PS and BS. If you're not doing that, I would do more content.

Get an AAMC outline and go over EVERYTHING. I know it sounds very difficult, but you won't be disappointed. I was struck when I took my actual MCAT how many questions were from the topics we often see so little of in practice tests.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi All,

I'm currently registered for the Jan 8th slot in Malaysia and am looking for a replacement slot on the 23rd of Jan for either Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore. Really need the extra time and am willing to compensate for it. Please PM me thanks!

I feel ya with the MD thing. I got a 27 (9/9/9) on October 21st and have a 3.9 GPA. I know I could go DO pretty easily, but I've always pictured MD. Hopefully I go up at least two points on this next one, but I'm shooting for a 32+.
I'm in the same boat. My last test was a 27 (BS 11, V7, PS9). However, I didn't really study very much for it, so I'm feeling a bit better going through a structured study routine.

Speaking of which, I am SUPER RIDICULOUSLY BEHIND. Like, even with double days, I don't know if I could catch up. I'm really discouraged right now, especially with Christmas coming and so much going on, traveling to see family in a different state. Help!

Well I am officially discouraged. I took TBR #1 today and got a 33 (10/13/10). This is really a 30, because their verbal is awful. I'm discouraged simply because the first TBR is supposed to be the easiest of all of them (they even said that in their e-mail to me). 10's in the sciences just isn't good enough. Hope all is progressing well for the rest of you.

Finally took my physics self assessment...it was alright but not stellar like I'd hoped. The only good thing is my predictions on which topics were worst for me were confirmed by the test. I'll go over the answers today and do the Gchem assessment.

Also, I didn't use a formula sheet during the assessment, but was able to recall or create the equations I needed based on concepts (something I couldn't do on my actual exam). I just need to really nail down my weaknesses and get that PS score up!

Members don't see this ad :)
To all of you out there who are actually reading these posts, this is a positive of TBR #1 that I took this morning. It felt a lot like the PS section on the real thing on October 21st. Not exactly like it, but it was definitely closer than any AAMC or GS I've taken. Just my opinion.

To all of you out there who are actually reading these posts, this is a positive of TBR #1 that I took this morning. It felt a lot like the PS section on the real thing on October 21st. Not exactly like it, but it was definitely closer than any AAMC or GS I've taken. Just my opinion.
Do you have to buy the TBR exams or can you find for free?

On another note, I just finished my gchem self assessment and killed it! Way better than physics so that makes me feel a lot better! It will be interesting to see what my full length scores are in PS...

That's interesting. I'm guessing you have to buy the TBR exams from them, which is unfortunate because they take forever to ship the books, so I'm guessing the same for exams. Were the TBR exam passages similar to TBR book passages?

On another note, I just finished my gchem self assessment and killed it! Way better than physics so that makes me feel a lot better! It will be interesting to see what my full length scores are in PS...

I had a similar experience with physics and chem SA. I did about 15% worse on the physics compared to chem. I think the physics section had a lot more moderate-hard questions rather than easy-moderate questions. Did you notice that?

I had a similar experience with physics and chem SA. I did about 15% worse on the physics compared to chem. I think the physics section had a lot more moderate-hard questions rather than easy-moderate questions. Did you notice that?
I noticed that they had a lot of passages involving planets, which make my eyes glaze over! I definitely found the gchem SA significantly easier and my score seems to reflect that. Physics has never been my strong suit, so if I can pull an 11 in PS, I'd be pretty happy.

See, physics always bored me when I took the class. Numbers make sense to me, so I never had any trouble. But that was 4 years ago, and I'm having to reteach myself everything. Needless to say, I am pulling my hair out, because everything I had learned is gone now. Kind of like this...
d65ab050de15f099feed7ac871ac65bce105f739a28e7d57e4e0a327b31f801c.jpg

You have to buy them! $110 for three, $160 for five, or $210 for seven.

That's interesting. I'm guessing you have to buy the TBR exams from them, which is unfortunate because they take forever to ship the books, so I'm guessing the same for exams. Were the TBR exam passages similar to TBR book passages?

You do have to buy the exams from TBR, but they are much faster than receiving books. It took them a week (maybe less) to receive my order from Nebraska and have my account set up. I was very surprised by the expediency!

Just finished half of my Physics SA. It seems to be going well, but I guess I won't know until I'm finished. I did have a heck of a time with one of the passages, so I'm wondering how that one will turn out.

Just got done with the Physics SA and got an 81%. Thought I did a little better to be honest, but oh well. Does anyone know what is considered good for the SA?

I'm just going to keep posting in the hope that someone will join the conversation.

Finished the Gen Chem SA about 5 minutes ago and got an 87%. From what I've heard, 80%+ is a good indicator that content is solid and I should be scoring 10+, which agrees with my practice scores.

Going to take GS #4 in the morning and see how that shakes out. Good luck with studying everybody!

Hey guys.... I don't know what else to do know that we are quickly approaching! I plan on taking all of the AAMC practice tests I haven't taken so far (so 7 of them) and I'm working on content review of topics I have trouble with (using EK books), any other last minute tips?

Hey guys.... I don't know what else to do know that we are quickly approaching! I plan on taking all of the AAMC practice tests I haven't taken so far (so 7 of them) and I'm working on content review of topics I have trouble with (using EK books), any other last minute tips?

I think that looks like a good plan. Make sure to carefully look back through your tests so you can see what you're missing and why you're missing it.

So, I just took AAMC #3 and scored a 24: 10PS, 6VR, 8BS.
I expected my verbal to be this low since I haven't been paying much attention to it, which I'm working on. However, the low cumulative score kind of put me down. Has anyone else taken any practice tests yet? Does not matter if you scored less, same, or higher, if you have any tips please share. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

I expected my verbal to be this low since I haven't been paying much attention to it, which I'm working on. However, the low cumulative score kind of put me down. Has anyone else taken any practice tests yet? Does not matter if you scored less, same, or higher, if you have any tips please share. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

When did you start studying? What is your target score for the actual MCAT?

For verbal I don't know if your using any specific strategy or if you've tried any. One that works well for me is to quickly read all the questions for a given passage, before beginning to read the passage. It helps me get an idea of what the passage will be about, but only spend about 30-60 seconds reading the questions. The most important thing obviously is just to practice and make sure you have your timing down for verbal.

People always say test 3 is the easiest, which I don't think is necessarily true, it's just the oldest and therefore the most different from current MCATs. Make sure to take the other AAMC tests in these next few weeks.

Thanks.

Look at it this way, if you get your verbal up just TWO more points, you are good to go.

I think it's important to set realistic goals at this juncture, though. If you don't practice any verbal strategy, I would suggest finding one, and fast. I would give advice, but I honestly just read the passage and answer the questions. I've heard of some who read the first and last paragraph twice to get the main idea while reading the body once. I tried it a couple of times, but my scores stayed consistently where they were before (10-12). If it's time that's killing you, I would suggest spending 55 minutes on 6 passages and leaving the last 5 minutes to guess randomly on the last passage. If time isn't hurting you, don't try this!

Just got done taking the Biology SA and got an 84%. Honestly, I was extremely surprised at this score. While I was taking it, I was thinking there was no way I was getting above a 70%. Definitely surprised it was higher than my Physics.

Physics SA: 81%
Gen Chem SA: 87%
Biology SA: 84%
Organic SA: N/A
Verbal SA: N/A

Probably going to do Organic tomorrow and then split up the verbal into different tests over multiple days.

I need to start getting back into doing verbal everyday. Whoops! Anyway, I'm off to D.J. a high school dance. Wish me luck and good luck with the studying everybody.

So, I decided to do Gold Standard #4 today instead. 34 (11/12*/11). I decided to switch to EK 101 when doing verbal simply because GS's is so atrocious. I honestly thought I was going to get around a 37 on this test. I thought I aced PS, but apparently not. BS was right where I thought it would be. Excited to be consistently scoring nearer that 35 mark. Really want to get over that hump before test day.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get over that low thirty hump? I'm looking for any way to increase a little bit before test day!

Hi Guys!
After months of no seat avl for any testing site in my area I very luckily snagged a spot for Jan 8. This is a retake for me, still traumatized after a disastrous test last time, but I am hoping for serious improvement now.

So Far my Practice tests has been really confusing: I started taking the tests after I completely 5-6 months of content. I work full time, so it was stretched out. Some good weeks, some bad weeks- the usual .

I took this tests:

11/23: AAMC 3 11/11/10: was happy to see a decent baseline
11/30 AAMC11 13/12/12 I was OVER the moon- but a bit apprehensive cuz I thought its inflated
12/7 AAMC 4: 10/11/10 I was disappointed mostly in PS. Time was in issue and I finished the last 2 passages in 5 minutes. I figured it was just a bad week. I i was losing points in orgo so focused on orgo last week.

12/14 10/11/10 I once again had a time issue with PS- most of the wrong questions were in the last 2 passages when i rushed. But lots of orgo mistakes again

I really expected more of improvement at this point. This steady 31 is freaking me out. Need to really get better with time for these crazy PS passages. And I need to optimize my orgo rcx predictions- Any suggestions?

Just need to see at least a 33 next time :|

Hi Guys!
After months of no seat avl for any testing site in my area I very luckily snagged a spot for Jan 8. This is a retake for me, still traumatized after a disastrous test last time, but I am hoping for serious improvement now.

So Far my Practice tests has been really confusing: I started taking the tests after I completely 5-6 months of content. I work full time, so it was stretched out. Some good weeks, some bad weeks- the usual .

I took this tests:

11/23: AAMC 3 11/11/10: was happy to see a decent baseline
11/30 AAMC11 13/12/12 I was OVER the moon- but a bit apprehensive cuz I thought its inflated
12/7 AAMC 4: 10/11/10 I was disappointed mostly in PS. Time was in issue and I finished the last 2 passages in 5 minutes. I figured it was just a bad week. I i was losing points in orgo so focused on orgo last week.

12/14 10/11/10 I once again had a time issue with PS- most of the wrong questions were in the last 2 passages when i rushed. But lots of orgo mistakes again

I really expected more of improvement at this point. This steady 31 is freaking me out. Need to really get better with time for these crazy PS passages. And I need to optimize my orgo rcx predictions- Any suggestions?

Just need to see at least a 33 next time :|

Just curious since you're a retaker; did you use the AAMC's before your first test?

Also, Which AAMC did you take today (12/14)?

Alright. Now down to diagnosing. Getting that 37 on AAMC 11 should give you confidence. It's not inflated. You killed it. If those 31's are all coming on AAMC's 3-5, don't sweat it too much. Those are vastly different than the current version of the MCAT (although I think all of them are).

I'm no genius. but I have been doing much better since I started adopting this strategy: Not caring. I know it sounds dumb, but truthfully, it helps. I scored a 27 (9/9/9) on my actual MCAT after averaging a 31 on all of the AAMC's. I was devastated, so I honestly just quit caring. I've taken 6 practice MCAT's since my score was released and I've been averaging a 33 (32.67). They are not AAMC's, but a mix of GS's and TBR (mostly GS). I know these aren't the "greatest" predictors, but I think it still says loads that I have been scoring 2 points better on average.

Just try this next time. Instead of going into the practice test thinking you have to get all of the questions right, just sit down and start it. No deep breaths, nothing. Just take the exam as if it were a survey online. That's how I approach this test now, because it's just not worth freaking out over.

I know this doesn't seem like good advice. Everyone wants a strategy to do better, but I don't use any. I read the passages and answer the questions. Good luck!

It was AAMC 10- That last PS passage killed me!

I did use AAMC for the first time- but I took it over 2 years ago, and I have taken so many other practice tests/ passage based questions, that I doubt I remember it. I was averaging ~30 last time and totally freaked out time wise on the first second and bombed, like seriously bombed.

Yes. I am approaching most of it as verbal, and I do notice the trends of my messed up questions are very much predictable. I guess I should work on those areas and see if it helps :(

Thanks!

It was AAMC 10- That last PS passage killed me!

I did use AAMC for the first time- but I took it over 2 years ago, and I have taken so many other practice tests/ passage based questions, that I doubt I remember it. I was averaging ~30 last time and totally freaked out time wise on the first second and bombed, like seriously bombed.

Yes. I am approaching most of it as verbal, and I do notice the trends of my messed up questions are very much predictable. I guess I should work on those areas and see if it helps :(

Thanks!

Alright. If there's one thing you need to know, it's this: every passage on my October 21st MCAT felt like the last passage of AAMC 10. That's what the PS section is now. It's a whole conglomeration of material that makes us feel as if we don't know what they're talking about, but we really do. Just remember that they aren't allowed to test concepts we didn't study. You know all of the info, just apply it to the situation. I remember freaking out on that passage, too, by the way.

Right. Thanks!

I don't hate these kinda passages- if I have time. They usually involve simple concepts but framed in really confusing terms. Time is something Ill have to work on the next 3.5 weeks :\

Just took TBR #2: 33 (11/11/11). It could have been a 35 (12/11/12), but their scoring scale is a bit odd. For instance, on PS, if you get 39-45 questions right, the scale says it's an 11-12. I got 42 right, so I just went with the low side. It was virtually the same in BS (40-44 is an 11-12), and I got a 42. Anyway. Yay for consistently scoring better than last time thus far!

Just took the PS section of AAMC 3 for kicks while sitting on my couch with tv on and got a 10! I did have 15min left over, which I could have used to go over some questions but didn't. Even though this test is supposed to be super easy (and I noticed the calculations were minimal), I'm happy to start off with a 10. For many questions, I was able to recall concepts and equations quickly, which was encouraging. Looking at the problems I got wrong, 5 were from stupid mistakes, 4 from picking wrong answer when down to two possibilities, and 2 were from not understanding the question.

I went ahead and purchased the GS exams because of their supposed calculation heavy PS. My actual MCAT PS in May was super calculation heavy and I was totally unprepared. I'll kick off with the full GS 1 tomorrow morning and go from there. I have a feeling my butt will get kicked by PS, but I'd rather have it that way now, than on the real exam!

Finally feeling like I'm getting some traction! I drudged my way through the rest of my content review and am back at the practice tests.

old,pre-content review scores were :
#3 - 33 (10/12/11)
#4 - 39 (12/13/14)
#10 - 32 (9/11/12)

I rushed 10 because I couldn't shake the feeling I had big gaps and was just at the mercy of whatever topics showed up. Kicked me into gear and I stuffed everything I had left content wise into a week and yesterday did

#5 - 37(13/11/13)

Much happier with that spread, and I'm going to take a GS PS every other day to get into the groove of calculation heavy problems (I think what killed me for 10). Took #2 this morning and got a 13. Concept wise I didn't find it more difficult, but it took so much longer. I finished with ~10 seconds on the clock which was a first for me, I think it'll be good practice (thanks almostnever!)

I'll have to see if the scores stay up for the rest of the AAMCs, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Anyone have advice on eking your verbal towards the higher side of your average? I'm particularly having trouble with non-philosophy humanities passages, especially 'fine arts' stuff.

Just got done with the Organic Chemistry SA and came out pleasantly surprised with a 78%. I haven't studied Organic at all specifically for the MCAT. I've only done classwork for one semester, so to come out with that is encouraging. Spreads look like this:

Physics: 81%
Gen Chem: 87%
Bio: 84%
Organic: 78%.
Verbal: N/A

Gonna hopefully improve a little more before Jan. 8th!

WTF just finished GS #1 with 8PS/14VR/10BS... The Ochem really messed me up in bio, but that makes sense since I haven't touched it. I definitely overanalyzed a lot of the PS answers/questions (a very bad habit of mine when it comes to multiple choice), but at least I got all but 2 chemistry questions right! lol at my verbal score as well.

I've changed my study plan to include at least one PS section exam (or the equivalent with X number of passages from my 1000 pg. TPR workbook) every other day to really get into test mode, (rather than pure content review), as well as 1-2 complete full lengths per week. Hopefully I can keep my scores on the rise and kill it on test day!

WTF just finished GS #1 with 8PS/14VR/10BS... The Ochem really messed me up in bio, but that makes sense since I haven't touched it. I definitely overanalyzed a lot of the PS answers/questions (a very bad habit of mine when it comes to multiple choice), but at least I got all but 2 chemistry questions right! lol at my verbal score as well.

I've changed my study plan to include at least one PS section exam (or the equivalent with X number of passages from my 1000 pg. TPR workbook) every other day to really get into test mode, (rather than pure content review), as well as 1-2 complete full lengths per week. Hopefully I can keep my scores on the rise and kill it on test day!

Holy crap. What is your AAMC verbal looking like? Just curiosity on my part. I averaged 10.5 through all of the AAMC's, and I've never scored higher than a 9 on GS.

Take that PS score from GS with a grain of salt. A rather large grain of salt. Way more calculation intensive than anything AAMC will ever administer.

Holy crap. What is your AAMC verbal looking like? Just curiosity on my part. I averaged 10.5 through all of the AAMC's, and I've never scored higher than a 9 on GS.

Take that PS score from GS with a grain of salt. A rather large grain of salt. Way more calculation intensive than anything AAMC will ever administer.
I haven't taken any AAMC verbal this time around yet (probably AAMC 4 soon though). My focus has been on increasing my pitiful PS score. For my actual exam, I didn't practice verbal and pulled an 11. Hopefully I can keep verbal in the 11-14 range to possibly forgive any PS faults. Verbal is actually my favorite section. All I have to do is read and answer questions; no outside knowledge needed!

Hah. Reviewed TBR #2 tonight, and it turns out one of the questions that was wrong was actually right. It was just messed up in their system. Turns out I got a 34 (12/11/11). Not that it really matters even a little bit.

Well yikes, fellas. I just took GS #5 and scored a 30 (10/10/10). I am getting progressively worse at GS tests, as my section scores are declining in a linear fashion. I haven't looked over what I've missed, but it all seemed to be calculations that I just couldn't wrap my head around. Biology was pretty murky too. Oh well. Back on the horse. It's now Christmas break, so I can actually dedicate time to finding what went wrong.

I'm having alot of trouble! I've been consistently studying this entire semester and now that we are only a couple weeks away I don't know what to do. I've gone through all of my content and scoring low 30's on AAMC's. What are some tips for the home stretch?

I'm having alot of trouble! I've been consistently studying this entire semester and now that we are only a couple weeks away I don't know what to do. I've gone through all of my content and scoring low 30's on AAMC's. What are some tips for the home stretch?

I've been wondering the same thing. I couldn't get past that 34 hump, and now I went down to 30 :/ I think the only thing left for us to do is review the tests we take in great detail to see any similarities in types of questions missed or content that is lacking.

I've been wondering the same thing. I couldn't get past that 34 hump, and now I went down to 30 :/ I think the only thing left for us to do is review the tests we take in great detail to see any similarities in types of questions missed or content that is lacking.

I've done that now and I feel like since I've reviewed all of my tests multiple times there's nothing left to do but take it and what ever happens happens! I feel like at this point any topics on it that I don't know I wouldn't have learned in these next two weeks regardless...

I've done that now and I feel like since I've reviewed all of my tests multiple times there's nothing left to do but take it and what ever happens happens! I feel like at this point any topics on it that I don't know I wouldn't have learned in these next two weeks regardless...

Yeah, I wouldn't stress about it. You've put in the work. Just time to take a few more practices and let it be. I reviewed GS #5 today and oh boy were there some dumb mistakes. It definitely was not an "I didn't know this stuff" 30, but rather an "I put 'x' there when 'y' should have taken it's place" 30. I'd rather have that kind of a 30 anyday... Unless it's test day that is.

Hah. Reviewed TBR #2 tonight, and it turns out one of the questions that was wrong was actually right. It was just messed up in their system. Turns out I got a 34 (12/11/11). Not that it really matters even a little bit.

Hey man, could you tell me which one you got right that was marked wrong? I just took TBR 2 today

Hey man, could you tell me which one you got right that was marked wrong? I just took TBR 2 today

Just letting you know it was #36 (PS Section). I marked B and I went over it and it SAYS that B is the right answer, but it is marked under D. I made sure that B was in fact correct before altering my score. There is just no way D is correct. I think you'll agree if you look at it!

Also... if you'd take a look at that for me to make sure I'm not mistaken, that would ease my mind. I'm not able to find anything online with a similar statement, which is odd.

Last edited by a moderator: